Windows 10: Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview

Discus and support Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Post your strange experiences with Windows Technical Preview so we can hash over them a while! *Smile I'll start: For example, if you may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edwin, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview

Post your strange experiences with Windows Technical Preview so we can hash over them a while! *Smile

I'll start:
    For example, if you may be running WTP in a dual boot scenario and perform a 'Refresh' with media from PC Settings, it might seem like the process saves some settings but wipes out others including your other OS.
    In my experience Windows had reset the boot options to Technical Preview as default with a timeout of 0 seconds.
    If this is the case, hold 'Shift' and press restart, then choose 'Use another operating system', on the next window choose 'Change defaults', on the next window 'Change the timer' and 'Choose a default operating system' if you wish.

Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Nov 2, 2014

2. Build 9879: Windows Defender Turns Off After Definition Updates (new title)

I created a custom view in my Event Log for event 7031. I've got 4 occurrences of it regarding Windows Defender. I compared the times of those to the Update History for Windows Updates. The first one happened at the exact time that it tried to install
    the "Windows Technical Preview December Update for x64-based systems (KB3025096)." I hadn't noticed it until now, but that update failed with Error Code 800F0923. Of course, now that I see that, I haven't the slightest idea how to proceed.

oreveredrist, Nov 2, 2014
  3. Kim.G Win User
    Windows 10

Hi Roli,

Windows 10 Technical Preview is an old beta version and has been re-branded to Insider Preview. So basically the Insider Preview is the later or updated version of the Windows 10 Preview.

Technical Preview Re-branded To Insider Preview

If you're familiar with the previous versions of Windows, Enterprise editions were designed for enterprise markets, mainly for businesses and universities, and not ideal for home use.

Thanks,

Kim G

Kim.G, Nov 2, 2014
  4. Wynona Win User

So, are you wanting us to describe strange situations and our workaround or fix for said situation? If that's the case, this is a welcome thread.

However, what I see happening is folks throwing out a situation they don't have a solution for and wanting those reading to help them solve it. In that case, they should start their own thread, rather than jump in here.

I'm not trying to be picky, but to clarify what you'd like to see.

Wynona, Nov 2, 2014
  5. badrobot Win User
    The online upgrade is hit or miss. But if you create an ISO from the same upgrade and do a clean install, everything is working fine.

badrobot, Nov 2, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Good point.
    I suppose the prudent thing to do would be to submit Feedback, if you're so inclined and set up to do so.
    I guess I wanted to nail down a thread dealing with "Hey, why did this happen"/"Anybody else experience this" sort of issues.
    My bad, sorry.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview - Similar Threads - Strange Occurrences Technical

2. Strange Occurrence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Occurrence: Whenever i have no audio playing and my room is quiet, whenever i move my mouse i hear a noise in my headphones that sounds like a beep, and it holds the sound for as long as i am moving my mouse...
  3. The Windows 10 technical preview setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 technical preview setup: Hello, Please be sure to give me the Windows 10 technical preview setup download link. Please tell me what I need to do to get this link, do I have to sign up? I mention that I have Microsoft account. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day!...
  4. Downloading Technical preview ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Technical preview ISO: Don't I have to convert this file before putting it on the HD? 3159
  5. win 10 technical preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  6. Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem: I am trying to install Windows 10 Tech Preview : WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso 3.81 GB (4,100,497,408 bytes), have checked sha1 also. But I am not able to install even after repeated attempts. Below is the system info and my Bios options available in my laptop....
  7. Office Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Office Technical Preview: Microsoft has a private Office 2016 beat group who have access to the next version of Office, and if you feel bummed that you were not included in the group, there is now a way to download the bits. If you head to the source link below, you can now sign up for the Office...
  8. A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview: New build 9841 In less than two weeks, Microsoft will begin revealing information about the Windows Technical Preview, the first pre-release look at the next version of Windows. The actual Preview won't be out until October, I'm told. But there's no reason to wait:...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger: Hello all, I guess this time Microsoft will have to face many problems.... I don't know why people say "There is a keylogger in Windows 10 Technical Preview". They say Microsoft collects their personal Data because they heard this from others. I may agree but it was...
  10. Windows Server Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview: At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server Technical Preview provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server...