Windows 10: Strange pop up at start up

Discus and support Strange pop up at start up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I first start up windows 10, something pops up and disappears very quickly by the start button. I’ve managed to get a couple of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jimvicks, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Jimvicks Win User

Strange pop up at start up

Hello,

Whenever I first start up windows 10, something pops up and disappears very quickly by the start button. I’ve managed to get a couple of screen grabs and interested if anyone can shed any light (it pops up above the start button, enlarges, shrinks, then disappears, all in a few seconds) ? I only see it if I log in very quickly, its almost as if its trying to run before I’m fully logged in. The machine and install is only a few months old. Nothing strange installed (o365, itunes, winamp, firefox, etc.). I have a NVidia GTX1080 so maybe its something to do with that? I’ve a fully update windows defender, and installed and run Malwarebytes, nothing showing up. Thanks.

Strange pop up at start up [​IMG] Strange pop up at start up 4b8e49bb-cf8b-48ab-9aec-1dd577e299df?upload=true.png Strange pop up at start up [​IMG]

:)

Jimvicks, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Aug 23, 2018
  3. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Strange pop up at start up

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Strange pop up at start up

1. Strange pop up at start up - Similar Threads - Strange pop start

2. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  3. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  4. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  5. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups at start up: I have 2 irritating pop-ups when I start Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H, OS 19042.985, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0. 1. Windows incorrect function 2. Google Script error See attached screen shots for each. I have Bitdefender Internet Security and have also run...
  6. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop-ups at start up: At start up I keep getting pop-ups asking me to share additional information with HP. It is incredibly irritating. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-at-start-up/9152e1ee-8572-4436-9166-84c4b5180542
  7. pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    pop up at start up: When I first start my computer I get a popup that says the a program is missing. It's on the "C" drive and I can "X" it out and go on. How can I prevent this action from happening everytime I restart my desktop computer?...
  8. strange pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange pop ups: Hi![ATTACH] every time i restart my windows 10 pc i get this pop up. i cant understand what it says but after some time it just disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-ups/d4b67631-0c75-4436-bbbd-260e7eaf9f28"
  9. Strange pop up window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange pop up window: ***moved on english forum**** Hello! This window keeps popping up on my screen, and has been doing so for some time. It overrides anything else I have open and it's quite difficult to close. Doesn't look very legitimate to me... Do you know what it is? Any advice on how...
  10. Strange pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange pop up: Hi folks. I just started noticing an unusual occurrence on my windows 10 machine. It started about a month ago. I can not pin point the start of the issue to a specific post install. I will tell you that my machine is up to date with virus and maleware protection. Up to date...