Windows 10: Strange problem, need fix fast !

Discus and support Strange problem, need fix fast ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am new here. I have lost all of my icons (desktop, control panel, programs in the taskbar) and I want to know how to fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dedq, Aug 26, 2017.

1. dedq Win User

Strange problem, need fix fast !

2. SulikPL Win User

Nokia 1020 Flash gives Yellow Tint - White Balance error

I have the same problem, I cannot take pictures with flash, because photos have very strange colors, the most bad is yellow and red, you have to fix it, because now I cannot use full features of 1020.

Please fix it as fast as it is possible

SulikPL, Aug 26, 2017
  3. md_attia Win User
    e71- strange horizontal blinks when i open popup menus

Hello,

im experiencing a very strange symptoms with this e71 phone.

when ever i open any popup menus under any application a strange and fast horizontal line blinks in the screen it looks like a problem with the vga chipset or something i cant really describe it well as it apears and hide so fast but its so annoying..

anyone experience similary circumstances ?

md_attia, Aug 26, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Log out and log back in. Or reboot.

pyramid10, Aug 26, 2017
  5. Welcome to the forums dedq!

What pyramid10 suggested is good advice. Have you tried that yet? Are you using one monitor or more? I know..... I know, but I gotta ask ............ have you tried a system restore to a point before this happened? (all avenues tried you know)

indianacarnie, Aug 26, 2017
  6. dedq Win User
    I had system restore point but it got deleted by some kind of virus or malware (update.svc) which i deleted recently and that also caused this problem with icons.

Tried rebuilding icon cache.
    Tried logging off and coming back, still the same.

I am using only one monitor.

7. Berton Win User
    Looks to me like those icons have lost their association to the .exe file for their programs. I haven't had to use it in awhile but a little program used to work called fixexe.reg from BleepingComputer. Download and double-click to merge into the Registry.
    download.bleepingcomputer.com/reg/FixExe.reg

Berton, Aug 26, 2017
  8. dedq Win User

Tried, didn't fix the problem, interestingly, the program will start, but I can't access "properties" in order to try setting icons manually.

9. pyramid10 Win User
    1) Create a new user account. Log into that. If icons exist, migrate from the corrupted account into the fresh one.

Or

2) Back up critical data. Repair install.

pyramid10, Aug 26, 2017
  10. Uialeth Win User
    Hey dedq, i recently had the same problem, turns out i accidently put the System Files needed to for windows to create icons onto my antivirus blacklist because i didnt know what it was at that time, everything worked fine until i rebooted windows at which point it tried to regrab all icons, which didnt work anymore since the file to execute was in quarantine -.-

So my question to you, what Antivirus are you using, and did you recently use its functionality to ban a file using svchost to provide its functionality.

Edit: I can't find its name anymore, sry

Uialeth, Aug 27, 2017
  11. dedq Win User
    Logged in with new account, still the same, no icons anywhere.

I am using Webroot and I will try using the fix You provided, the problem, if it has to do something with the Antivirus, could be solved by uninstalling the Antivirus, but it doesn't appear in my program list and I am unable to uninstall in using third party uninstallers since the Antivirus process is running in the background continuously, nor I can delete the files in the "Program files" since there is no "Webroot" folder there (not even in "Program Files (x86)".

12. Bree New Member
    Apparently...

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Web...nel/ta-p/34688

13. dedq Win User

Let me try that, will report as soon as I finish the scan.

14. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Aug 27, 2017
  15. dedq Win User
    Tried rebuilding it, still the same.

Thema:

1. Strange problem, need fix fast ! - Similar Threads - Strange problem need

2. I NEED HELP FAST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I NEED HELP FAST: I was converting a partition into gpt and accidentaly converted the whole drive, and now all of my data is gone. Is there any way to recover it?Please help.I did the conversion in diskpart...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  5. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Fast Startup Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Problem: Why?? [ATTACH] Pls Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup-problem/83b79418-91e7-45d9-b01a-6477e9e54bd3
  7. Problems with fast startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with fast startup.: So, i have set the fast startup to ON. It works, but sometimes it just automaticallyturns off by itself. I don't do anything. When i turn it back on, it works fine. But after a while, it turns off again....
  8. I need help fixing strange wifi problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help fixing strange wifi problem.: I need help fixing this weird WiFi problem. Everytime I plug in my laptop the WiFi speed drops a good 10 Mbps and my ping raises form 10-14 to 34-40. I have no clue what causes it. My WiFi drivers are up-to-date. I have a ASUS Vivobook X543U. I have been struggling with this...
  9. NEED HELP FAST

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NEED HELP FAST: Guys so i opened my laptop so i can play. I didnt do anything to it the last time i used it but now i encounter a problem. Everytime i rightlick a folder on desktop the spinning loading icon in the mouse appears and it doesnt stop. I already tried some video tutorials on yt...
  10. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...