Windows 10: Strange problem with Chrome.

Discus and support Strange problem with Chrome. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a Dell tablet that just updated to Windows 10 and threshold. I have been using Chrome as my browser due to limited system resources. (2 gigs... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by milford, Dec 29, 2015.

1. milford Win User

Strange problem with Chrome.

I have a Dell tablet that just updated to Windows 10 and threshold. I have been using Chrome as my browser due to limited system resources. (2 gigs memory)
    Problem...Using Google, Yahoo, or Msn for searching, causes something called searchlock.com to show up and nothing else. Never had this while using Windows 8.1. Is this related to Windows 10 or Chrome?

:)

milford, Dec 29, 2015

2. Ghostly bubbles flashing since Windows 10

One strange thing about this for me is that after uninstalling Chrome and cleaning Chrome items out of the registry, the problem subsided -- now I'm stuck with Microsoft Edge (haven't tried Mozilla yetStrange problem with Chrome. :))

MatthewSkeleton, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    ad drop down with windows 10 and edge with msn home page

That is strange. Is it reproducible on another browser, like Google Chrome?

Ethan B., Dec 29, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Searchlock is a Chrome / Firefox browser extension, malware in every sense. Although you have most probably got it unnoticed from a dubious download, torrent or such, it has been installed on your Chrome browser as a result of your own actions.

Remove Searchlock immediately! Instructions can easily be found on the Internet, here's one article telling how to do it: Remove SearchLock (Improved Instructions)

5. milford Win User
    I just tried Spyhunter, it claims to have found 400 malware items on my tablet. And I have to buy the full version to remove them. Nice con. Anti-Malware bytes just found 5 PUP's and let me delete them. If you have any other idea's that actually work and are free, I would appreciate it. Right now, hopefully, I can remove this Spyhunter.

milford, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Malwarebytes is the best there is to get rid of everything unwanted.

If you are not satisfied you can of course always reset the tablet or perform a clean install. If you do it, try to be more careful in the future; the malware infection is always caused by actions of the users.

7. milford Win User
    It gets better and better. I just tried Superantispyware. It found 1 PUP and 925 cookies. Three anti-malware programs, three different results.

milford, Dec 29, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

As I said, Malwarebytes is considered to be the one, a trustworthy and well functioning tool. Personally I have never even tried anything else, Malwarebytes has always taken care of my small issues.

9. milford Win User
    I Googled Searchlock removal and I was told to use HitmanPro. Its free for 30 days and it worked. I realize, I was a pain, but thank you for your help. I cannot reset my tablet. It will end up at Windows 8.0. From there, I would have to update to 8.1 then hopefully update to 10 And then get Threshold to finish. I had to remove just about everything to get 10 to fit. Apps, games, Microsoft Office. That hurt.

milford, Dec 29, 2015
  10. BRKING Win User
    do you have to purchase Malwarebytes for it to clean your computer? I see where it has a download or a purchase option.

BRKING, Dec 31, 2015
  11. Kari Win User
    The free Malwarebytes is enough to solve most of the malware issues. Personally I have only ever used the free one.

Thema:

1. Strange problem with Chrome. - Similar Threads - Strange problem Chrome

2. Strange chrome activity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange chrome activity.: I am having trouble with google on my windows and I really don't know where to go or ask.This is what I've been seeing everytime I've searched something up. Also the top bookmarks bar increased in size despite the fact I didn't change any settings or have any extensions....
  3. Strange chrome activity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange chrome activity.: I am having trouble with google on my windows and I really don't know where to go or ask.This is what I've been seeing everytime I've searched something up. Also the top bookmarks bar increased in size despite the fact I didn't change any settings or have any extensions....
  4. Strange chrome activity.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  6. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  7. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. STRANGE, BUT SERIOUS PROBLEM: Can Chrome "Leak Out" Passwords?

in Browsers and Email
    STRANGE, BUT SERIOUS PROBLEM: Can Chrome "Leak Out" Passwords?: Hi all, I'm in need of some desperate help. *cry This is just what happened: I was using Chrome and I had a Chrome window open and I was logged into my bank's website with about 15 tabs open that contain financial information. Then, I accidentally opened another tab in the...
  9. Strange problems in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Strange problems in chrome: Hi, i make a new pc a couple of days ago, but i now have a strane problems in chrome. 1. I see, in task manager chome use a lot of perceante. (8gb ram). 2. I lose translate and other apps in google site. 3. when i search for images, when i click to image, i to site,...
  10. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...