Windows 10: Strange problem with syncing folders

Discus and support Strange problem with syncing folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem syncing folders to backup drive,have a computer with three drives.Two drives have OS and one is a backup drive. The drives are control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zplugger, Mar 20, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Strange problem with syncing folders

I have a problem syncing folders to backup drive,have a computer with three drives.Two drives have OS and one is a backup drive. The drives are control with a switch so only one OS is powered at a time. Guess I'm old school,but if I lost a drive I could switch to other drive and have my computer running instantly. Problem is I syn a folder from OS1 to the backup drive and all looks well. I check the backup drive and it shows the folder has a successful syn. If I shut down computer and boot to OS2 and look at the backup drive it shows the folder was not syn to new update. It like the OS1 did not make a change to the backup drive? Not sure why the other OS does not pick up changes. Any suggestions? If either OS makes a change to a folder on backup drive shouldn't it show up.

:)

zplugger, Mar 20, 2016

2. E75: UNsynchronise exchange subfolders?

Thanks for the reply! The problem is that the setting for each folder is applied to all folders, including the Inbox. So when I set a subfolder not to sync e-mail, then all folders top syncing. Pretty strange...

// Martin

murbeck---01, Mar 20, 2016
  3. strange syncing problem with outlook 2003

fantastic. that did the trick. i hate it when i think I've looked at everything i can do to sort this and then someone points out the only thing i haven't tried!!! :">

thanks again

Rich

rich_enduro---01, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Strange problem with syncing folders

1. Strange problem with syncing folders - Similar Threads - Strange problem syncing

2. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange folder: On my Windows 11 PC my data files are on a USB drive E:. I've noticed a strange folder on my Drive E: shown below. I think it might have been installed when I downloaded software Office 2021 from "Helpful Downloads". They don't live up to their name. The folder name starts...
  3. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange folder: On my Windows 11 PC my data files are on a USB drive E:. I've noticed a strange folder on my Drive E: shown below. I think it might have been installed when I downloaded software Office 2021 from "Helpful Downloads". They don't live up to their name. The folder name starts...
  4. I am having a strange problem folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having a strange problem folders: I am having a strange problem folders and I have no clue how to search or to describe itsay that i have folder opened and I have firefox opened when I'm watching youtube or searching for something the folder pops out in front of firefox even when playing games or using other...
  5. I am having a strange problem folders

I am having a strange problem folders: I am having a strange problem folders and I have no clue how to search or to describe itsay that i have folder opened and I have firefox opened when I'm watching youtube or searching for something the folder pops out in front of firefox even when playing games or using other...
  6. Strange "???????????" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange "???????????" Folder: This folder appeared for awhile. I don't know how it came up. Somehow it only can be seen when you are trying to pick a folder to install a program. I don't know what is it, but is it a threat? And how do I remove it? If someone can answer those questions, I would be really...
  7. Strange "???????????" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange "???????????" Folder: This folder appeared for awhile. I don't know how it came up. Somehow it only can be seen when you are trying to pick a folder to install a program. I don't know what is it, but is it a threat? And how do I remove it? If someone can answer those questions, I would be really...
  8. Strange "???????????" Folder

9. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  10. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange folder: I just noticed a folder on my desktop that I don't remember seeing before and I was hoping someone might know what it is. I have no idea how long it has been there. The folder is called Welcome Files." The folder contains 50-60 files, none of which make any sense to me. I...