Windows 10: Strange program setups error.

Discus and support Strange program setups error. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just yesterday switched from Win7 to Win10 so I might not know what is going on It is Win 10Pro with win updates from 09.04.16. I've made some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by binks, Apr 9, 2016.

1. binks Win User

Strange program setups error.

I've just yesterday switched from Win7 to Win10 so I might not know what is going on
    It is Win 10Pro with win updates from 09.04.16. I've made some tweaks to the system regarding telemetry, error reporting, cortana, uses of camera and mic, generally all the options regarding privacy.
    Now before someone tells me to just revert the changes I've made to the OS, I'd like to stress that it's not so simple as I've spend few hours editing group policies and used 2tweaking softwares. Now while I did reverted changes made by those programs, I just don't remember exactly what settings I've changed in Group policy editor.
    Now some programs that I want to install- (so far)KIS 2016 and Foxit Reader don't want to install on my system giving me just this cryptic message
    Strange program setups error. [​IMG]

Strange program setups error. [​IMG]

Is there any way to just see why those programs don't want to install on my system? What system options do they need to run, without me having to reinstall OS with it's default options?

:)

binks, Apr 9, 2016

2. Nokia e72, gmail setup + syncing contacts and calendar with gmail

Hi myron_khan,

I just wanted to thank you for your gmail-setup hints, it worked perfectly.

Really strange that Nokia doesn't fix these errors !!

Take care,

//B

Bozzeglazz, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Mail program strangeness

Hi,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10?

I suggest you to remove and reconfigure the account on Mail app.

Refer:

Outlook help - Office Support

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, recommending that you try to work around the settings you've created really isn't the way to go, I'm afraid.

Win 10 is relatively fragile compared to previous version in respect of some of the settings and their implications; it's easy to be caught out. Rushing in to hack it before you're sure it's stable, and before (I'm sorry I'm presuming) you may have created a System Image or 3rd party disk image can surely not be recommended.

For example, I'd bet you've got 'Some settings are managed by your organisation' in red appearing if you look at Settings, Privacy, General, and Windows Update.

Does Cortana still work?

Reversion would be simple had you used the above backups, or turned on System Restore and created a restore point.

If you used programs like O&O Shutup or Spybot Antibeacon, those have 'Restore default settings' or similar options. As to your manually configured ones, I can't comment.

I doubt you'll get a response to your question as posed, I'm afraid.

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
  5. binks Win User
    Thx*Smile
    First of all how do you suggest the post should be titled? By now I've reverted to W7, but in the future or for the benefit of others, I'd like to know the answer for this.
    As far as the software I've used, I did used Spybot Antibeacon and Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 and I did revert to default on each of them so all should be good as far as changes made by those programs.
    I disabled Cortana in Cortana preferences and, as far as I remember, in group policy.

binks, Apr 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, glad you've got a working setup again. It wasn't the title, but the basic question - which is basically - I've changed lots of things, now I've got a problem, how do I work round what I've changed without reversing any changes- ...

My recommendation is
    a. use disk imaging (and system restore if you wish) and update it before significant changes.
    b. experiment CAUTIOUSLY - get used to using the new OS as is before configuring it. (some have enough trouble just getting it to run first time- drivers e.g., and then with any tweak like language configuration).
    c. make just a couple of changes, try it for a while, before doing anything else.
    d. keep a log of changes, and when you've updated your disk image

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange program setups error. - Similar Threads - Strange program setups

2. Strange program on startup selection?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange program on startup selection?: In startup there is this programe called "Mano" translating to "Mine" as in something is mine. So it has no icon, no corp., and it's not measured should I be concerned?...
  3. Strange program on startup selection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange program on startup selection?: In startup there is this programe called "Mano" translating to "Mine" as in something is mine. So it has no icon, no corp., and it's not measured should I be concerned?...
  4. Strange program on startup selection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. strange omissions in some programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange omissions in some programs: Hi, I am now running Microsoft Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) I updated windows 7 to windows 10 using the free update mentioned on one of the pages here. I seem to remember having problems with OpenGL. I have tried to open two programs I used to use a lot,...
  6. strange omissions in some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    strange omissions in some programs: Hi, I am now running Microsoft Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) I updated windows 7 to windows 10 using the free update mentioned on one of the pages here. I seem to remember having problems with OpenGL. I have tried to open two programs I used to use a lot,...
  7. Strange program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange program: obviousvarade.exe does anyone know what what this program does, it is running on my PC and I am unable to stop it, it just restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-program/0a962c89-9b77-4056-ac28-d13cf7f6b7a3
  8. program setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program setup: cant setup pearson livebeat on win10 please inform how can ı do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-setup/cf59f691-86d3-4404-b538-09e68bb177b8
  9. Strange program not deleting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange program not deleting: Hello everyone! I have recently have found a program in task manager that blocks certain programs from connecting to the internet, such as steam, uplay, and a few others. It’s name is ztnmzg1mwnhmdvinjg.exe I have tried opening the file location and deleting it, but it keeps...
  10. Strange auto setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange auto setup: Just bought a new laptop and came across strange audio problem while testing it out. The audio level for incoming Skype calling is low. All other sound through laptop speakers are fine. But if I connect a jam bluetooth speaker, the incoming ring lever becomes normal. Although...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oobemsangcenroll windows 10