Windows 10: Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

Discus and support Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MMakoto, Aug 9, 2015.

1. MMakoto Win User

Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary.

Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it looks like this. Did a few restarts and updated the drivers to no avail. I have the dell alienware x51 r2, 760ti oem gpu.

Edit: this only happens when i restart the pc, and i can change the theme and it'll become normal again, but once i restart the pc it goes back.
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor. [​IMG]

:)

MMakoto, Aug 9, 2015

2. How to remove Red box that follows the mouse cursor?

If that does not work, another thing you can try is reinstall your display driver:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2015
  3. How to remove Red box that follows the mouse cursor?

I remember finding out how to turn this off before but I can't remember how or what I typed to find it, all I remember is that it's a windows thing (I think).

Dark_Fenix_151, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

1. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor. - Similar Threads - Strange rectangular box

2. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  3. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  4. windows everything is blank rectangular boxed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows everything is blank rectangular boxed: windows everything is boxed and vlc video stops automatically and youtube videos volume bar keeps popping up, have tried updating every driver but nothing is fixing this problem. I Use Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB Laptop\\...
  5. mouse cursor selection box

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse cursor selection box: HelloIt's been a few weeks my mouse cursor selection box In the form of the photo below Can you help me get back to normal?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-selection-box/56383ae0-6644-44fe-845c-8ff48db90233
  6. Strange Rectangular box on Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Rectangular box on Desktop: Hello, a few weeks ago I noticed every time I get on my pc there's a translucent box on my screen that just stays there. It doesn't cause anything weird to happen, but it's annoying to look at every time I get on my pc. When I clicked on it, the border is white, but if I...
  7. Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rectangular box quickly flashes on bootup: Has any noticed upon a reboot, when one comes to the Windows screen, a rectangular box quickly flashes and disappears? It's like it's there for a nanosecond and it's gone as quick as it comes. I thought it to be related to this one computer but then noticed the same thing...
  8. Black Box around mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Box around mouse cursor: I have an employee remoting into their office computer from home using the Remote Desktop Connection. For the first couple of weeks, things seemed fine, but today he started having a black box encompass his mouse cursor. I've been helping him all day but I cannot find a...
  9. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot: Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it looks like this. Did a few restarts and updated the drivers to no avail. I have the dell alienware x51 r2, 760ti oem gpu. [img] 14741
  10. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651