Windows 10: Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

Discus and support Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MMakoto, Aug 9, 2015.

1. MMakoto Win User

Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary.

Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it looks like this. Did a few restarts and updated the drivers to no avail. I have the dell alienware x51 r2, 760ti oem gpu.

Edit: this only happens when i restart the pc, and i can change the theme and it'll become normal again, but once i restart the pc it goes back.
    Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor. [​IMG]

:)

MMakoto, Aug 9, 2015

2. How to remove Red box that follows the mouse cursor?

If that does not work, another thing you can try is reinstall your display driver:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2015
  3. How to remove Red box that follows the mouse cursor?

I remember finding out how to turn this off before but I can't remember how or what I typed to find it, all I remember is that it's a windows thing (I think).

Dark_Fenix_151, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor.

1. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursor. - Similar Threads - Strange rectangular box

2. box over cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    box over cursor: Why does a box ( apparently containing site info) hover over my cursor when attempting to open website, making it difficult to impossible to open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/box-over-cursor/a4d67080-0d90-418a-89da-3ee3c5500f06
  3. strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout

in Windows 10 Support
    strange mouse cursors and behavior after the blackout: Generally I am used to scrolling within a window, not only using the scrollbars. I've never had this problem before but now (and I think since the blackout in NYC) when I use the wheel of my mouse to scroll within a window, I get several different cursors*Redfacene is a...
  4. Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor: My mouse cursor doesn't appear on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor/a7767db0-7be7-4be9-bb51-bbf6c01eabe2
  5. Cursor for mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor for mouse: Hi I cannot see the cursor for my mouse I have tried trouble shooting and a restart and nothing. When I hit control it just shows me where it is by a circle but I cannot get it to be visible. Please HELP!!!...
  6. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  7. mouse cursor

mouse cursor: My cursor shows up on some pages, but it does not show up on Google pages. This just started this morning. How can I get the cursor to show up on my Google pages?...
  8. Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot

Strange rectangular box following mouse cursot: Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a known issue, and today it looks like this. Did a few restarts and updated the drivers to no avail. I have the dell alienware x51 r2, 760ti oem gpu. [img] 14741
  9. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...