Windows 10: Strange red text line in Windows Update screen

Discus and support Strange red text line in Windows Update screen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there guys, noticed a strange red line in my Windows Update screen. Posting screenshot here (it's in italian, but I'll offer a rough translation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Akumasama, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Akumasama Win User

Strange red text line in Windows Update screen

Hi there guys, noticed a strange red line in my Windows Update screen.
    Posting screenshot here (it's in italian, but I'll offer a rough translation of the red line underneath)

Strange red text line in Windows Update screen [​IMG]

The red line says something like "Some settings are handled by the company/organization".
    I'm like... wut? Which company or organization? If I were at work I'd be thinking about some LDAP setting and it would be all right, but here I'm at home, I have a very straightforward network and configuration.

I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to recall this red text line wasn't there after the fresh install I did some weeks ago.
    Still I can't think of anything that I tweaked that might have affected that.
    The only thing I changed is in the windows hidden advanced settings, where I chose so that Windows Update doesn't automatically download/install stuff, but asks for my permission first.
    Can't think of anything else either.

Can anybody help me first understanding what this line really means, and if I can do anything to "solve" it? (supposing it even is a problem actually... it might be nothing serious)

:)

Akumasama, Jan 5, 2016

2. Red Line in text- NOT in Word

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please Share these details.

• Are you facing this issue in a particular website or in all the website?

• Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to provide the screen shot of the error, and provide us more information

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Note: Make sure you hide all the personal information from the screenshot before posting.

Do update us with the above details, we are glad to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Red Line in text- NOT in Word

This same damn thing is happing to me also! I don't know how to fix it! I thought about reinstalling Edge.

Strange red text line in Windows Update screen [​IMG]

agpuffelis, Jan 5, 2016
  4. Strange red text line in Windows Update screen

You might have used group policy editor or your registry editor for the update settings.This is exactly a result of this and it should not bother you much.I have also changed these settings and I also get this message.

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Akumasama Win User
    I did edit Windows Policies to make so it doesn't automatically download and install Windows Update patches without asking me first, so I guess that must be it.

Issue solved then! Thanks *Biggrin

Akumasama, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange red text line in Windows Update screen

1. Strange red text line in Windows Update screen - Similar Threads - Strange red text

2. Strange red tint on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange red tint on screen: I tried to include 2 pictures showing how my screen has a red/pink tint over it but the files wouldn't upload, but yeah just a slight red/ pinkish tint. This started a few days ago and I really haven't downloaded anything major other than some mods. This particularly occurs...
  3. Strange red tint on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange red tint on screen: I tried to include 2 pictures showing how my screen has a red/pink tint over it but the files wouldn't upload, but yeah just a slight red/ pinkish tint. This started a few days ago and I really haven't downloaded anything major other than some mods. This particularly occurs...
  4. Strange line while the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange line while the screen is dark: Hey guys,Today i booted my laptop and i started seening this strabge line while the screen ia dark and i don't know ehat to do about it. This is a picture of it...
  5. Strange line while the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange line while the screen is dark: Hey guys,Today i booted my laptop and i started seening this strabge line while the screen ia dark and i don't know ehat to do about it. This is a picture of it...
  6. Strange line while the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Red and blue line on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Red and blue line on screen: I am on 19592. I downloaded this update and now I get red and blue lines on the top and bottom of the screen when I start up. In addition, I am running at 100GB with Spectrum and the start up menu is very slow. Thanks 153264
  8. horizontal red lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...
  9. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...
  10. Red lines under text without pushing or asking for them

in Windows 10 Support
    Red lines under text without pushing or asking for them: Hello All: I'll be typing away and suddenly my typing will be UNDERLINED IN RED as though it's editing and I have to back track or remove all I've typed to be rid of said RED UNERLINES, HELP! 45366