Windows 10: Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad

Discus and support Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Lenovo IdeaPad z510 laptop with windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1). For a few months (or more?) I have a problem with my touchpad: In some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barteks2x, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Barteks2x Win User

Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad

I have Lenovo IdeaPad z510 laptop with windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1).
    For a few months (or more?) I have a problem with my touchpad:

In some situations it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it works just fine. And sometimes it's so fast that I can't control what it's doing. And it's not always the same speed. And sometimes the faster I try to scroll the slower it actually goes.

Note: I use 2-finger scroll.

Examples:
    Google Chrome:
    It seems to work just fine, but sometimes (witout any obvious pattern other than that when it happens - it happend everytime I try) when the window is out of focus or when I scroll with just the right speed - it goes uncontrollably fast. And when it does that - the faster I try to scroll the slower it goes (I will later describe it as faster=slower)

Netbeans/all java programs:
    Works only when the window is not in focus. And sometimes too fast. And faster=slower

Steam:
    Doesn't work at all

Windows CMD window:
    Way too fast to do anything. Even with 10000 lines (max) it's so fast that I can't measure the faster=slower effect.

Explorer.exe, Edge browser:
    These work fine

What may be possibly wrong and how to fix it!?

I'm 100% sure it's fixable because it works correctly on linux.

:)

Barteks2x, Apr 1, 2016

2. Surface Book touchpad scroll speed

Does anyone know how to speed up two finger scrolling on the touchpad? I tried "set the number of lines the screen will scroll for each notch of mouse wheel movement," but it has no effect on smooth
    scrolling, like in Edge. Is there a registry setting for this? I miss the control of scroll speed settings of my mac.

chris2crawford, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Apr 1, 2016
  4. anticeon Win User

same problem with me .. Linux is so smooth but Windows is very strange and too fast ...

anticeon, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Barteks2x Win User
    These issues already went away for me, not sure why and when. I too rarely use windows. There are still some programs that act weirdly, but it's no longer as bad.

When I think fixed it was removing drivers for the touchpad and then let windows 10 find and install drivers by itself.

Barteks2x, Nov 3, 2016
  6. anticeon Win User
    Same .. no problem in Linux, in WIndows is so anoyying

anticeon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad - Similar Threads - Strange scroll speed

2. strange scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange scrolling issue: I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars won't scroll however the volume bar, sidebars when clicked on, windows start menu, and certain scrollable UI elements in apps...
  3. strange scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange scrolling issue: I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars won't scroll however the volume bar, sidebars when clicked on, windows start menu, and certain scrollable UI elements in apps...
  4. strange scrolling issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  6. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  7. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

Touchpad not working and scrolling issue: My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715...
  9. Touchpad two-finger scrolling speed

Touchpad two-finger scrolling speed: Is there any way to decrease the speed of scrolling via two-finger drag? The scroll speed in the settings panel appears only to work with a traditional mouse. I would like the scroll to be about half as sensitive....
  10. Touchpad Scroll Issue

Touchpad Scroll Issue: I got a problem with touchpad scroll. scroll is not working. window help showed me options, but those options are not available in my laptop. any suggestion to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-scroll-issue/6d551d23-bafe-4b4d-9a9a-ff90fbab9533