Windows 10: Strange sluggish performance after update.

Discus and support Strange sluggish performance after update. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johnnykong, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Strange sluggish performance after update.

After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there for 5-10 or even 30+ seconds before the action is performed. Here are some examples:

• Clicking to highlight a file, folder, or icon.
    • Clicking a text field, such as the Search field and address field
    • Typing in general
    • Notification windows - delay in displaying any content. Strange thing is that the buttons can be pressed even though they don't display.
    • Menu dropdowns delay in display
    • Menu bar hover popups and tooltips
    • Scrolling

These are things I've done already to eliminate potential causes:
    • Checked the Task Manager to make sure memory and CPU load are normal (they are).
    • Updated video driver.
    • Turned off Windows Defender
    • Turned of anti-virus
    • Disabled any overclocking of CPU and video card

Memory and processor-intensive software and games run normally.

Any ideas on what's causing this?

:)

johnnykong, Nov 29, 2016

2. Windows 10 sluggish Performance

sluggish performance after the previous update...

PRIYESH YADAV, Nov 29, 2016
  3. amit13477 Win User
    n73 being too slow

Hi..

My n73 is very slow and the performance is sluggish, can installing update will solve my issue?

thanks

amit

amit13477, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

Strange sluggish performance after update.

1. Strange sluggish performance after update. - Similar Threads - Strange sluggish performance

2. Sluggish performance should I roll back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sluggish performance should I roll back?: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 and am noticing sluggish performance.It includes slower startup,slower shut down ,right click menu pops in slower also tasks such as resizing/closing and opening have become slower.I have the latest KB5008215 update Non-insider...
  3. Sluggish performance should I roll back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sluggish performance should I roll back?: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 and am noticing sluggish performance.It includes slower startup,slower shut down ,right click menu pops in slower also tasks such as resizing/closing and opening have become slower.I have the latest KB5008215 update Non-insider...
  4. Strange performance issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange performance issues: For several months i've been having very strange performance issues on my PC. Occasionally, things like video playback and window functionality will freeze, alt-tabbing will no longer work for a period of time [and inputs queue up and fire off once the system returns to...
  5. Computer is sluggish after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer is sluggish after Windows 10 updates: This happens pretty regularly. When my computer installs a Windows 10 update the last one being 2 days ago my computer runs a little sluggish for a few days afterwards. This seems to happen after just about every update. My browser runs a little slower, my email outlook...
  6. Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates: OS: Win 10 1803 (17134.191) MSI Z170 GTX 960 I5-6600k SSD Samsung 850 (stock or OC does not matter for the proposed problem) A year ago I had the problem that my PC would not shut down - resulting in a clean installation that was guided by a senior advisor from...
  7. Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep: I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode everything I do is more sluggish and slow.. and web browsing especially. Most of the time I just have to do a restart to normalize it....
  8. Sluggish PC after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sluggish PC after the anniversary update: First post here so hello to everyone out there *Smile I have a budget tablet with low end specs which was working fine, even with its limitations. It's a Chuwi Hi12 Tablet (windows 10 and Android 5.1 dual boot). Since the update it's sluggish, frame dropping, Edge freezes,...
  9. Sluggish windows after gaming

Sluggish windows after gaming: It only seems to happen after I've played Forza Horizon 3 along with the Xbox app. Playing Tom Clancy's Wildlands does not have the same effect. Drop boxes, context menus, and the icon box on the lower right corner appear empty. Windows sometimes open with only an...
  10. Windows sluggish performance

Windows sluggish performance: Hi, Windows 10 - 1607 has a general slow response loading programs: -Settings 3" -Control Panel 4" -Chrome 8" -VirtualBOX 8" -Thunderbird 10" - Event Viewer - 47"(till all data is loaded) Time from pressing button until it shows up. I have 12GB RAM, DDR3-1600 /...