Windows 10: Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10

Discus and support Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ok, so for my hard drive... it's been a wild ride... I first started partitioning my 2TB SATA Hard Drive for Hackintosh with multiple formats,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Latrell567, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10

Ok, so for my hard drive... it's been a wild ride...

I first started partitioning my 2TB SATA Hard Drive for Hackintosh with multiple formats, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and a few disk checks...

Recently I just deleted the other partitions and combined them into my Windows 10 Creators Update. Now I spotted a small unallocated space I want to get rid of. Not the system reserved that Windows creates, but a small unallocated space that bugs the hell outta me. If you kind folks here at Ten Forums could help me that would be appreciated. Thank you. Here are my specs. I also attached a screenshot.

[Dell Optiplex 780
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    Hitachi 2TB SATA Hard Drive with 7200RPM]

:)

Latrell567, Aug 14, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

SSD partition after cloning disc

The problem is there is a small partition between C:Windows and the Unallocated Space

Do you have a backup of your Data?

If so, the process is as follows:

Right click the small partition between C:Windows and Unallocated Space and choose 'Move Partition'

In the resulting dialog, click and drag that partition all the way to the right

Note in AOMEI, sometimes, you have to click the 'Apply' button at the top left for the change to take effect

Let me know when that is done . . .

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2017
  3. john_r_g Win User
    Windows 10 installation, cannot update the reserved partition

Franklyn, That sounds strange as EaseUS allowed me to do just that. Reducing/Resizing the C/Win partition and then increasing the unallocated space. Then resizing the Reserved partition from 100meg to 350 by using the added space one creates in the prior
    step specifying 260meg for unallocated space, then resizing finally the reserved partition and reducing unallocated space to 0, leaving two perfectly sized partitions.. Yous situation sounds strange. I kept the EaseUS application windows open next to the step
    by step instructions linked here, It was a little confusing trying to slide the size bar at first but soon saw how it worked and made it easier to do the same on my second machine. Maybe try again with the tool.

John

john_r_g, Aug 14, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10

You always get that. It is usually not even seen. It is simply the last bit of space that does not align properly with zone segment/boundaries as disks are not exact fit in total. Just ignore it.

cereberus, Aug 14, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    It could also be a spare space for moving eventual bad sectors and also shouldn't show up.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10

1. Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Strange small unallocated

2. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  3. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  4. Moving Unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed
  5. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  6. Unallocated Partitions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  7. Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition

Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition: does anyone know the purpose of the 'OTHER' partition that is created by Windoze10 setup..? I understand that the other three are:- 1. recovery partition 2. boot partition 3. installation partition but I don't know what is on the other one? anybody? thanks 134634
  8. Removing unallocated Partition

Removing unallocated Partition: I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?...
  9. Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space

Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space: How do I get my unallocated space to the C drive. (see attached picture) I can't expand the C partition because its grayed out. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-partition-unallocated-space/0fdfabb6-2221-4dcb-a4e0-bc2a51ce8917"
  10. unallocated partition

unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903

Users found this page by searching for:

1. partition is too smal to install win1 0 stuck

2. windows 10 strange small partition