Windows 10: Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.

Discus and support Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] A square between hours and minutes, anyone seen this and how to remove it? 91543 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lafargeotte, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.

Strange symbol  between figures of clock on taskbar. [​IMG]

A square between hours and minutes, anyone seen this and how to remove it?

:)

lafargeotte, Aug 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 Date/Time on Task Bar

Did you get a response or figure it out. I lost my clock with an updatye & can't figure out how to get it back on the taskbar

CCrossland, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Can't figure what setting my phone is on - duh!

Yep, it's really strange. The symbol (headphone) isn't in the settings symbols in the instruction book, so can't figure out where it has come from. I will try the soft re-set, many thanks for your response! Treacy

treacy---01, Aug 15, 2017
  4. Stevekir Win User

Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.

Mine shows a colon. It looks like your comp. has chosen another typo character. (That's not much help though!)

Stevekir, Aug 15, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    You have a problem with the font used for the ':' that should be there, like in this thread...

Win 10 Pro Creators update taskbar clock anomaly - any suggestions?

You haven't been tweaking your system, have you? From earlier in that thread...
    Win 10 Pro Creators update taskbar clock anomaly - any suggestions?

If you can't fix the font and want to try the repair install, there's a tutorial.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If you are not on the Creators Update (version 1703) yet then you'll need the install media for the version you have (1607?). If you don't have the install media, let us know what version you are on and we can tell you how to get the right media.

6. f14tomcat Win User
    Did you by any chance use Winaero Tweaker to change the default System Font? That will definitely produce exactly what you have.

f14tomcat, Aug 15, 2017
  7. Hi Guys,
    Yes, changed system font with Winaero.
    I will wait for the next major Windows update, rather than do as you guys suggest. Hopefully that will resolve then.
    It is no big deal as I hide the taskbar anyway.
    Thanks for you help.

8. Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.

Update
    Reinstalled (extracted from Win10 media, and copied) the Windows fonts, all is now OK.
    Thanks again.

9. f14tomcat Win User
    @lafargeotte

Glad you got it fixed. For future reference, you could have gone back into Winaero and clicked on reset this page where the System Font change was. It would have gone right back.

f14tomcat, Aug 16, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    Using a custom system font, I replace the colon with a hyphen.

Strange symbol  between figures of clock on taskbar. [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.

1. Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar. - Similar Threads - Strange symbol between

2. Taskbar Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Clock: When I click on the taskbar clock, it shows notifications and calendar. Is there any way to customize this so that when I click it, long time shows up with the notifications and calendar hh:mm:ss. It used to have the feature but then it updated and went away. Thanks!...
  3. Strange symbol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange symbol: Hey there, I noticed a strange symbol in my files today. Does anyone know what this is and if I have to worry at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-symbol/ae24bd6e-45c6-49b9-8016-92a68bc83b78
  4. Strange symbol

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange symbol: Hey there, I noticed a strange symbol in my files today. Does anyone know what this is and if I have to worry at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-symbol/ae24bd6e-45c6-49b9-8016-92a68bc83b78
  5. Strange symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My clock, searchbar and documents changed to strange symbols.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My clock, searchbar and documents changed to strange symbols.: Hi! I am having trouble with my computer. Today when I opened it, there were a bunch of random symbols instead of the usual letters. It's a bit hard to explain, so I'll attach a screenshot of the problem and let that speak for itself![ATTACH] The problem goes away when I am...
  7. Symbol right of clock,? and Mail?

Symbol right of clock,? and Mail?: Symbol right of clock? and Mail? These are 2 questions. Have Windows 10. Yesterday and today 12-13 and 12, 2020. The symbol right of clock showed something about "Notifications" "Manage Notifications" I Right click and several notices appeared. I did not want any of...
  8. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  9. taskbar clock

taskbar clock: how to enlarge the taskbar clock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/taskbar-clock/b2e8347c-c1da-4307-8cd0-a9587716cbb0
  10. Strange symbols apperaing in emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Strange symbols apperaing in emails.: Last 2 weeks I have been seeing strange symbols in my emails. I have been searching all over and can't find this problem duplicated or a fix for it. They look fine when I write the email and send it. But if I'm replying back and forth to a person with emails then the strange...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.