Windows 10: Strange text in some system displays

Discus and support Strange text in some system displays in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just noticed that in a few displays I have strange text/fonts being used. See pictures; [ATTACH] and; [ATTACH] I haven't checked every page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveGarth, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Strange text in some system displays

I have just noticed that in a few displays I have strange text/fonts being used. See pictures;

Strange text in some system displays 0dd8ad7e-89e6-4d7b-9d4e-45e41dfdc841?upload=true.jpg

and;

Strange text in some system displays 37f3c060-d487-4056-9a1b-1ccdf0fb7465?upload=true.jpg

I haven't checked every page for this error.

It doesn't seem to appear in applications themselves.

I have reset the font, language and restarted the computer a couple of times with no change. I have an antivirus program which is upto date.

Any Ideas?

:)

SteveGarth, Jul 6, 2018

2. Fuzzy display that goes away if text is selected or refreshed

Hello,
    I have a strange issue, this started about a week ago after Creators' update. I have the system to auto-update all software and features from Microsoft. All drivers are up to date. I have manually installed the latest display driver for this laptop.
    Issue:
    • When I have many windows open, the display crumbles only in selected parts of the screen as shown in the attached picture.
    • This flickering doesn't happen in safe mode (with networking).
    • Doesn't happen with a live USB linux session either.
    • This is reversed upon selecting the text (for example in a webpage or a word processor document).

System specs: Windows 10, founders update. Intel 4 series express chipset (Centrino processor) with 5gb of ram running windows 10 creators update.

Strange text in some system displays [​IMG]

Solutions tried so far with no success:
    • Text scaling and DPI scaling,
    • installing various drivers including Windows 7 drivers for this display,
    • Going to safe mode, uninstalling the driver and deleting it and restarting,
    • uninstalling most of the programs and features (except MS office and a few other essentials)
    Can anybody help please?
    thanks and best regards
    Raghu

raghuveerkr, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Increasing text in an image

Happy Holidays everyone!

I downloaded a picture from the internet and it's a step-by-step guide to installing Arch Linux.

It's a large picture, but the words are very tiny. When I tried printing it out, the words were even smaller. Is it possible to enlarge the text?

I'd like to print it out, because I plan on installing Arch on three different systems. To me, this is very handy

GoFigureItOut, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Strange text in some system displays

Text not Displaying properly in application

Hi,

It seems that you're having problems regarding your text display on your Windows 10 computer. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the problem?
    • Have you tried updating your display driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Strange text in some system displays

1. Strange text in some system displays - Similar Threads - Strange text system

2. Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating: Some of the messages in Mail are unreadable. They display as text and formatting instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-mail-is-unreadable-displays-as-text-with/27a7b188-a9da-4c2e-a2ab-33c2783bdb7a
  3. Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating: Some of the messages in Mail are unreadable. They display as text and formatting instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-mail-is-unreadable-displays-as-text-with/27a7b188-a9da-4c2e-a2ab-33c2783bdb7a
  4. Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path: To whom it may concern,Since I updated my computer to the latest update, I have encountered a strange issue where the task manager shows black text on a black background in light or custom theme. The task manager still appears abnormal after restarting the computer As seen in...
  5. Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path: To whom it may concern,Since I updated my computer to the latest update, I have encountered a strange issue where the task manager shows black text on a black background in light or custom theme. The task manager still appears abnormal after restarting the computer As seen in...
  6. Some text not displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some text not displayed: Hello, I have some very disturbing issue recently. Some text is not displayed on the screen. This seems to happen randomly, in many applications, dialog windows, context menus etc. Please help....
  7. Are there some strange display problems with Thunderbird 78?

in Browsers and Email
    Are there some strange display problems with Thunderbird 78?: Hi all - I upgraded to Thunderbird 78 today and it went smoothly, except that the mail folders are very spartan (no yellow color) and the composition (and message panes) are dark grey with white lettering. Now, I also had changed some color settings in Personaliztion under...
  8. Strange text in display settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange text in display settings.: [ATTACH] I see what looks like strange i18N text in my Display Settings....it doesn't show actual values just these odd texts. Anyone seen this before? After a quick search, I couldn't seem to find anyone with same issue....
  9. Displays no text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displays no text: hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think...
  10. Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly: Hello! I've been running into a text display issue with my browsers. When I go to a certain website (eg:www.nationstates.net), all it displays is just a weird arrangements of letters, numbers and symbols. This was from Chrome, and the same issue persists in Edge. At first,...