Windows 10: Strange things happening since last upgrade

Discus and support Strange things happening since last upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Nov 25, 2017.

1. rboppy Win User

Strange things happening since last upgrade

My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved about 60 to 70% of the time. This never happened before the upgrade. Personally I think it might be a hardware issue. I use an external monitor for my laptop, the PROJECT is always set to ‘Second screen only’ unless I need to extend it, which is just once in a while. Very seldom when I wake up the computer the PROJECT is set to ‘PC screen only’. This is similar to a problem I had when I first got the laptop, it took the manufacture a total of two months get it fixed, I hope I don’t have to go through that again.The second issue I’m having is the navigation pane in Windows Explorer used to have all the network locations, now under This PC, this is all I get:

Strange things happening since last upgrade [​IMG]

:)

rboppy, Nov 25, 2017
  2. ozz1243 Win User

strange things happening windows 10

Iv just got new computer with win 10 onit. and i keep getting random news storys coming through the speekers and i havent got a clue what program is doing it. has any on any ideas

iv just run kaspsscy virus checker (or what ever its called) and that came up with nothing

thanks

ozz1243, Nov 25, 2017
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    strange things happening windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occurs when using any particular app or program?

2. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check if it helps.

Try perform clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7,
    or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Applies to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 25, 2017
Thema:

Strange things happening since last upgrade

1. Strange things happening since last upgrade - Similar Threads - Strange things happening

2. Strange things happening on my PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange things happening on my PC.: how can I see who is logged in with my account on my company PC or another PC using my account? We are on a network, so I guess anybody could login with other accounts.Today, all of a sudden Photoshop was deleted from my computer. I literally used it 1 hour before. Strange...
  3. Some strange thing happening with scrolling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some strange thing happening with scrolling: Hi, I'm not sure if my Win10 installation has always worked like this, but I think not, but it's been like this for over a year. It relates to scrolling. I have a lot of subfolders. When I scroll down my list, and then stop to choose a folder which has come into view, the...
  4. Strange things happening with Windows 10 backup and external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Strange things happening with Windows 10 backup and external drive: I set up Windows 10 backup to backup to an external USB drive and it seemed to be working good. Then I moved some folders around in my Documents and clicked "backup now" in Windows backup settings. The process finished immediately and when I looked on the external drive my...
  5. Strange things happening at bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening at bootup: When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things happen. Like: old pages showing up, some containing sensitive material. Others are just various pages that I have visited in...
  6. Strange screen glitch/bug since upgrade to W10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange screen glitch/bug since upgrade to W10!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheJubstep [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eayjf4/strange_screen_glitchbug_since_upgrade_to_w10/
  7. Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange multi-monitor/screen issue since last update.: Hi I have a strange issue with my computer since the last windows 10 update. I run on a two monitor setup but it seems that there is an issue where if I use an application in the 2nd screen the first screen loses all ability to gain focus. I can't click or do anything in...
  8. Screen Resolution Strange Since Upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Resolution Strange Since Upgrade to 10: I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this post. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 some screens aren't displaying correctly. Some programs are unclear and text is fuzzy others are fine. Even within windows I get different displays, see the attached, the text on...
  9. Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.: My computer auto sleeps just fine with my 30 sleep timer. When I go to wake it up tho, about a third of the the time I get something weird. Sometimes, the fans come back on but the screen never wakes up (hit the reset button and reboot). The strangest one is that the screen...
  10. Strange thing about Win10 10122 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange thing about Win10 10122 upgrade: Hi All, Finally got around to upgrading from 10074 to 10122 last night. Download went fast and preparing install went well also. When it rebooted it copied the files to 100% and the big circle was at 30% and it rebooted a few times. then on the last reboot it displayed the...