Windows 10: Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.

Discus and support Strange things sometimes happen when waking up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer auto sleeps just fine with my 30 sleep timer. When I go to wake it up tho, about a third of the the time I get something weird. Sometimes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.

My computer auto sleeps just fine with my 30 sleep timer. When I go to wake it up tho, about a third of the the time I get something weird. Sometimes, the fans come back on but the screen never wakes up (hit the reset button and reboot). The strangest one is that the screen eventually comes on all white with little tiny specks of red on it (hit the reset button and reboot). It started happening only after the latest build so I am not too worried and will not bother to troubleshoot but still... BTW, if I manually sleep the computer, it wakes up fine every time.
    Anyone else see little red specks? Reminds me of Dexter for some reason *Smile

:)

John Pombrio, Jun 17, 2015
  2. JakeHQH Win User

Power settings

My computer goes to sleep at the set time. However the waking up does not work properly. Sometimes the computer wakes up all right. Sometimes it does not wake up; when trying to wake up the computer reboots itself. It's totally random when it wakes up and
    when it does not. So, it appears that Windows 10 is still in beta stage.

This is very annoying and strange. With Windows 7 I have
    never experienced this problem. I wonder why in Windows 10 this feature is still broken? Therefore in my other computer I still keep Windows 7 installed. At least one computer works as expected.

JakeHQH, Jun 17, 2015
  3. N82 maps.

Hi all.

Sometimes when i go to maps, something strange happens (maybe it is normal).

The map goes down & up down & up (only some mm), and if i change the map

mode and move from my position, this stops. But if i select 'my position' it starts again.

( i hope i described it right, and you can understand)

Why this strange thing happens?

phonehacker, Jun 17, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.

Oh, no, not sleep problems again, John!! Haven't seen those problems you describe.

Yesterday, I had my comp waking every 30 sec but that fixed itself after a reboot. Whew! Don't know what was doing that.

Cheers, and hope those quirks of yours disappear next release.

5. Fragment Win User
    i had this on one of my debian rigs some years ago. i dont know the exact thing that was to do but i know it was my nvidia card that caused it in the end.
    would be a little bold though to expect the exact same cause on a totally different system. but still you could try switching the geforce driver to a newer or older version and try it out for a period of time.
    i mean the symptoms are definately pointing at a GPU involvment in this one.

Fragment, Jun 17, 2015
  6. GEWB Win User
    Ever since the four surgeries on my retina I see all kinds of dots when I wake up - mostly pale aqua, white and blue but sometimes a red spot or two.

Oh, wait - you mean on the monitor...never mind.

Regards,

GEWB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.

1. Strange things sometimes happen when waking up. - Similar Threads - Strange things sometimes

2. Strange things happening on my PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange things happening on my PC.: how can I see who is logged in with my account on my company PC or another PC using my account? We are on a network, so I guess anybody could login with other accounts.Today, all of a sudden Photoshop was deleted from my computer. I literally used it 1 hour before. Strange...
  3. BSOD: Happens a lot when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: Happens a lot when waking up from sleep: lately my laptop has been giving a lot of blue screens when it comes back from hibernation, before it wasn't like that I separated some minidumps to facilitate the diagnosis https://www.4shared.com/s/fOJnZNhF2ku thanks...
  4. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use: This started around 30 to 40 minutes after I installed a software program named BYOND so I could play Space Station 13. During gameplay of space station 13 the mouse would temporarily stop working and the hardware remove sound would play like dun dun dun, dun dun dun... dun...
  5. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use: This started around 30 to 40 minutes after I installed a software program named BYOND so I could play Space Station 13. During gameplay of space station 13 the mouse would temporarily stop working and the hardware remove sound would play like dun dun dun, dun dun dun... dun...
  6. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Some strange thing happening with scrolling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some strange thing happening with scrolling: Hi, I'm not sure if my Win10 installation has always worked like this, but I think not, but it's been like this for over a year. It relates to scrolling. I have a lot of subfolders. When I scroll down my list, and then stop to choose a folder which has come into view, the...
  8. sometimes windows 10 automatically scrolls up, this happens to windows 10 related things...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sometimes windows 10 automatically scrolls up, this happens to windows 10 related things...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/edreces [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7614u/sometimes_windows_10_automatically_scrolls_up/
  9. Strange things happening at bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening at bootup: When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things happen. Like: old pages showing up, some containing sensitive material. Others are just various pages that I have visited in...
  10. Strange things happening since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening since last upgrade: My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved about 60 to 70% of the time. This never happened before the upgrade. Personally I think it might be a hardware issue. I use...