Windows 10: Strange USB happening after KB3124262 update

Discus and support Strange USB happening after KB3124262 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing KB3124262 when I plug in an USB disk drive or an USB Flash stick it shows up twice in File Explorer with same drive letter and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phone Man, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Phone Man Win User

Strange USB happening after KB3124262 update

After installing KB3124262 when I plug in an USB disk drive or an USB Flash stick it shows up twice in File Explorer with same drive letter and in Device Manager under Disk Drives and under Portable Devices. This is on both my Desktop and my Laptop. They work fine it's just really strange. I ran sfc /scannow and had no errors.

Jim *Cool

:)

Phone Man, Jan 28, 2016

2. Windows update causing my problems of not being able to rename a folder

More information:

After finishing the System Restore, in Windows Update it says "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for X64-based Sytsems (KB3124262), and that it is Waiting for Download. Also it says that it is "Downloading Updates 95%". Fortunately, I do not
    have it connected to the Internet. WHat must have happened to cause the problem again is that I had connected to the Internet, at which time it must have finished downloading.

The other thing that happens now is that when I put a flash drive in a USB port, after a while I get an error message that says, "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program.....etc." And that
    is just from inserting the flash drive into the USB port. What's weird is that it also happens AFTER I have ejected the flash drive.

bearsfolks, Jan 28, 2016
  3. charging n85 by USB doesn't always work

Mine has a strange problem that seems to happen after plugging into USB port and then plugging into travel charger. When I plug into the travel charger, it says "Connected to PC Suite" and doesn't charge. Once I replug it works again, but it is strange
    and happens all the time.

C'mon Nokia, where is my firmware update?!

bjamin2002---01, Jan 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jan 28, 2016
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Thanks, that reg hack worked but I decided to put it back to default and run with it for a while to see if I like it.
    It's a feature not a problem. *Biggrin

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange USB happening after KB3124262 update - Similar Threads - Strange USB happening

2. Strange happenings in my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange happenings in my PC: Hello,There have been some strange happenings in my PC like:Asking for password twice.The screen goes black and I feel it will load soon as my desktop wallpaper is black. But instead it loads into lock screen and I end up entering the password twice. 2. Office apps open on...
  3. Strange things happening at bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening at bootup: When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things happen. Like: old pages showing up, some containing sensitive material. Others are just various pages that I have visited in...
  4. strange problem happened to me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    strange problem happened to me: Hello Everyone. I had a problem with my laptop before 3 days. I was working on my laptop and suddenly my laptop went down, I turned it on and it kept restarting for 30 minutes and failed to boot up. after that I recognized something is wrong and tried to fix it somehow....
  5. Something strange happens with wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something strange happens with wallpaper: Sometimes the desktop icons starting to leave black squares or smth behind them and after refreshing background turns black... screenshots https://imgur.com/a/i11wODk submitted by /u/alangetar [link] [comments]...
  6. Strange activity happening on the computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange activity happening on the computer.: I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders automatically created within that have incomprehensible names and impossible modification dates (see picture for reference). I am...
  7. Strange happening today with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange happening today with Malware: I powered on my desktop and my Hitman Pro Scheduled Quick Scan when I first power on it flagged up a suspicious file which I deleted and the restarted the pc. When I signed in (with a local account) the screen displayed a message that the pc could not sign in, I suspect my...
  8. Windows Update Stuck at 58% - KB3124262

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Stuck at 58% - KB3124262: Hi , i have tried multiple methods suggested all over the net , yet the update fails to proceed beyond 58% and this has been going on for the last 1 week..Any help?? The update seems to be Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262). Is...
  9. KB3124262 kills my computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB3124262 kills my computer...: First of, my apologies if the names of things are incorrect - I'm running windows in Danish, and I'm not always sure of the names for the different things in the english version. But, here goes; After installing KB3124262 (the cumulative update, released this wednesday or...
  10. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262 [img] Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB3124262 Direct download Links: x64:...
Tags: