Windows 10: Strange user profile; Not able to delete it

Discus and support Strange user profile; Not able to delete it in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good evening! In August I bought a HP 15-AC170NB. (windows 10) The laptop was standing in the store for a couple months. I bought that one because... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mayxmay, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Mayxmay Win User

Strange user profile; Not able to delete it

Good evening!

In August I bought a HP 15-AC170NB. (windows 10) The laptop was standing in the store for a couple months. I bought that one because it was the last. They have resetted the whole laptop, making it ready for me to use it.
    When I came home I began making my own account etc... Everything worked fine. But everytime when my log-in screen shows up. Then there is a microsoft account that shows up first. I thought i could simply delete it because the account i've made was admin. But the account (Frank reuser) Is nowhere to be found. Not at the user registry nor at the user accounts. It's really bothering me. I can fix computer problems easily. But right now i'm hopeless with this problem.

I tried to contact Microsoft but they ignored me.
    I also contacted the store but they couldn't help me... The only thing they advised me to do was putting my laptop back to fabric settings. I don't want to do that because I have alot programs installed already.

I hope someone can help; I would really appreciate it;

(sorry for my english tho *Huh)

:)

Mayxmay, Oct 26, 2016

2. Not able to create new user account "User Profile Failed the Logon". Windows 10

Original title: Error in Windows Need Support

There was a problem regarding User Accounts that happens often on Windows Vista to Windows 7 and or Windows 8. When I attempt to log on to a profile or make a new one and log in from there. It refuses to sign me in and it says. "User Profile Failed the
    Logon". I had tried to fix this a while back when I had Windows 7 Home Premium. I tried one of your support sections with steps to fix the problem. It doesn't work at all.

Then when I decided to switch by upgrading to Windows 10, hoping that the problem would be gone but to no luck, the problem still persists. I had tried tinkering with the registry editor carefully as it was explicitly stated to handle the registry with care.
    I backed up and attempt to do it again but in Windows 10. Again no luck at all into resolving this problem.

This is the link where I gotten suggestions and methods to fix it so you can get the idea of what I am having right now.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

The only profile that works is the Main Administrator Account, no other account on the PC would work.

I would really appreciate on some help into fixing this, especially when it is on Windows 10.

PhoenixDzns, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Not able to create new user account "User Profile Failed the Logon". Windows 10

I had followed the instructions, but the problem is, I couldn't do net user administrator /active:yes because when I tried to execute the command, it said access is denied. So I tried to make a new account while in safe mode then restarted the PC. And yes,
    I executed the command both in safe mode and not in safe mode. Then tried signing in, still no luck.

Also in the CMD, it said system error 5 as well then access is denied.

***UPDATE***

I did run as Administrator then did the following command as System32, it worked successfully now I am going to try the following steps again.

PhoenixDzns, Oct 26, 2016
  4. Try3 Win User

5. Rantuff Win User
    Rantuff, Oct 27, 2016
  6. Try3 Win User
    Rantuff - Your post does not address the question. Denis

7. Mayxmay Win User
    Thank you for the help;
    Sadly it's not working. But thanks

- May

Mayxmay, Oct 27, 2016
  8. Mayxmay Win User

This is not the problem.
    The problem is that there is a microsoft account linked at my laptop. (I can see it at my log in screen) But I am not able to delete it. Because I can't find it.

Strange user profile; Not able to delete it [​IMG]

Like you can see in the picture. There are two accounts. But the one (Frank Reuser) that shows up on log in screen is not there. I can't find it on the registry as well. ><

Mayxmay, Oct 27, 2016
  9. Try3 Win User
    May,

Is there a corresponding folder in C:\Users\...? [Check for hidden folders as well just to be on the safe side]

If not [and that's the answer I'm expecting] then that additional user account might have been created but never logged in to. That would also account for its absence from the Registry.

Both the Registry entry & the C:\Users\... folder are created the first time an account is logged into not when the account is made.

Does the response to the Command prompt command net user list the unknown account? I think it will. If so then net user commands can be used to delete that account.

• Does the shop that you bought the computer from confirm that they create user accounts when preparing computers for sale? If not then you should realise that an unauthorised individual has had access to the computer at some stage. You do not know what else they have done to it. In such circumstances, reinstalling Windows is the only way to be sure that you do not have malware planted on the computer.
    • If the shop confirm that they did reset the computer before sale and created that account as part of doing this task then the account does not seem suspicious and deleting the account is merely a case of tidying things up.
    [Why did they reset it? Is it second-hand?]
    Denis

10. Mayxmay Win User
    No there is no corresponding folder. Also not hidden.
    That's what I got in the command. I've made two accounts on my laptop. School and May. (somehow May is called RetailAdmin there)
    Frank Reuser is also not there...

This computer was standing in the store. (not in stock) Customers could touch it and try the camera etc. I bought that one because it was the last one. They told me they were going to reset the whole laptop because of the existing account. But seems like they just deleted pictures from customers and other small things. If they had used the Factory Reset as they claimed then all accounts would have been erased. So at that part they lied.

When I went back to the store they told me it was possible that it was the account made in the store. But the student that worked there couldn't help me and told me to put the computer in back to fabric settings which i really want to avoid.

Thank you for your time

Mayxmay, Oct 27, 2016
  11. Mayxmay Win User

That's what i get on my log in screen.

Mayxmay, Oct 27, 2016
  12. Try3 Win User
    So an unauthorised individual has had access to the computer. You do not know what else they have done to it. In such circumstances, reinstalling Windows is the only way to be sure that you do not have malware planted on the computer.

That's what I advise. I'm sorry about recommending such a time-consuming task for you as I realise that you'll have to reinstall all your applications.

[[by the way, fabric is factory]] I do not know if your computer includes a built-in utility for restoring to factory settings. Many do. This would not be as up to date as a newly downloaded ISO [which will be the Anniversary update, version 1607].

Do you know how to download an ISO & make an installation disk [USB/DVD] then reinstall? If not I can copy some relevant links here for you.

Denis

Thema:

1. Strange user profile; Not able to delete it - Similar Threads - Strange user profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. Not able to delete profile picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to delete profile picture.: Hello, I am not able to delete my Windows 10 profile picture. I am not asking about Microsoft profile picture. I have an offline account and I can't find any option to remove profile picture. Can anyone tell me how to remove that. Only showing an option for changing the...
  5. Not able to delete profile picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to delete profile picture.: Hello, I am not able to delete my Windows 10 profile picture. I am not asking about Microsoft profile picture. I have an offline account and I can't find any option to remove profile picture. Can anyone tell me how to remove that. Only showing an option for changing the...
  6. Not able to delete profile picture.

7. Delete User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  8. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  9. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  10. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...