Windows 10: Strange visual issue- help!

Discus and support Strange visual issue- help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] This just started today- it begun up the top of the windows and is really strange, and small grey boxes (the grey boxes in Firefox at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Allison, May 14, 2016.

1. Allison Win User

Strange visual issue- help!

Strange visual issue- help! [​IMG]

Strange visual issue- help! [​IMG]

This just started today- it begun up the top of the windows and is really strange, and small grey boxes (the grey boxes in Firefox at least)- I'm not sure what's going on, especially since I've been able to run The Old Republic (a game) pretty much flawlessly.

:)

Allison, May 14, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge, access to the Settings Flyout crashes process Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe)

I found a work-around.

System Properties => Performance => Visual Effects

The setting "Animate controls and elements inside windows"

When Checked, causes the problem. Turning this off the issue is not seen.

Kind of strange, but fixes the issue.

GaneshAlhat, May 14, 2016
  3. rechovi Win User
    E72 - strange email issue - help required

Thanks hadimassa. Been looking here and on the the messaging board, but can't see any of those threads discussing this. Can you point me in the direction of one please. Any solutions posted anywhere? Tempted to try and delete my email accounts from nokia
    messaging and then re-add them to see if that helps, but don't know if that will open a whole new can of worms. It's literally happening on a 5 minute cycle, which is just eating up data and battery, so need to try and solve pretty urgently.

rechovi, May 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I've been experiencing this with FF for a couple of weeks too. No problems with anything else. Have you tried FF in Safe Mode?

dalchina, May 14, 2016
  5. Allison Win User
    I realized after I posted it was just Firefox- I haven't tried Safe Mode, a restart of the browser seems to fix it. Have you tried Safe Mode and did it occur- I've just updated Flash and uninstalled a minor program so I'm waiting for a re-occurrence.

Allison, May 15, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I've been using an add-in for Firefox called Memory Restart, can set a threshold level, get an icon on the Toolbar that is green below that level, red above that level and clicking it restarts Firefox, no need to bring up Task Manager to close it which then requires starting Firefox again. Also find it more convenient in the restart that opens everything that was open.

Berton, May 15, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Try disabling Hardware Acceleration.

Shift + F2 ► type restart ► press Enter

Edwin, May 15, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Sorry, should clarify that- I meant FF's safe mode - with no add-ins.
    Here's one of several ways - I've set a shortcut using this:
    firefox.exe -safe-mode

What I haven't yet identified is a pattern. It's sthg to do with minimising FF. It doesn't seem sleep related.

dalchina, May 15, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    I now begin to suspect it's FF version related. So far v43 seems ok. It's not add-ons.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange visual issue- help! - Similar Threads - Strange visual issue

2. Strange FPS and visual tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange FPS and visual tearing: For the past 2 weeks, I have experienced intermittent issues regarding FPS dropping/fast screen freezing. It occurs every once in a while, primarily at night for some reason. The freezing will occur roughly every 0.5s. It will visually halt any movement on the screen for...
  3. Strange FPS and visual tearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange FPS and visual tearing: For the past 2 weeks, I have experienced intermittent issues regarding FPS dropping/fast screen freezing. It occurs every once in a while, primarily at night for some reason. The freezing will occur roughly every 0.5s. It will visually halt any movement on the screen for...
  4. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  5. Strange visual glitch

Strange visual glitch: [ATTACH] I'm getting a weird visual glitch every time I open any window. Can Someone please explain to me what this is and how to get rid of it? It shows up for a quick moment, gradually gets worse, then disappears, then reappears....
  6. Strange visual bugs/glitches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange visual bugs/glitches: I've been getting really annoying visual bugs/glitches since the 1909 update. The strange thing is, it's not across all programs, it's a select few that have this issue. All of Microsoft Office 2019 has this issue for example, but so does Waves Central and Game Loop. It's a...
  7. Strange Visual Bugs since 1909

Strange Visual Bugs since 1909: [ATTACH] Since I've updated to the newest version of Windows 10 early December, I've been getting some very strange visual bugs/glitches. Namely in two places: Microsoft Office Apps (all of them, I've got 2019) and Waves Central. Both of those have no relation to each...
  8. Help, strange video issues

Help, strange video issues: I am using the video built into my CPU on a Gigabyte Z390. It is using a Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver. On my screen I am having random blurring and tearing of small areas. It's not always the same area. When I boot into Ubuntu I have no problem. This leads me to believe I...
  9. Strange visual glitches Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange visual glitches Windows 10: Hello I am running a brand-new Lenovo t490s with Windows 10 Enterprise. Yesterday I suddenly started experiencing strange visual glitches. Any graphics are embedded/"watermarked" with a strange X or black/white screen. Issues are not present in all applications, but is still...
  10. Strange Audio issue. Help please.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio issue. Help please.: So yesterday I encountered a problem, which is very low to no voice audio, but background audio I guess you would call it is fine. It was fine until about as I mentioned a day ago as of this posting. I am running the latest driver build for audio and I am on W10 Home CU...