Windows 10: Strange - where is control panel?

Discus and support Strange - where is control panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have two laptops - installed Win 10 on old one a while back and now on my new one. On the old one, I have an icon for control panel - on the new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeb1000, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jeb1000 Win User

Strange - where is control panel?

Have two laptops - installed Win 10 on old one a while back and now on my new one.

On the old one, I have an icon for control panel - on the new one I do not and can find no way to get to control panel.

Among other things, I want to disable my touch pad but can find no way to do so on the new laptop.

:)

jeb1000, Jan 16, 2016

2. where do I find where the control panel is

I want to scan an item and a pop up states I need to go to the control panel , open mail, click show profiles and then click add. I can't find how to get to the control panel, when I was on the old windows it had everything on the left side, now its gone.
    HELP

PatriciaSkowron, Jan 16, 2016
  3. where do I find where the control panel is

Right click the start button and select control Panel should do so.

In addition Cortana can also find it.

hope that helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Or Win + R, type in Control Panel

Or left click on the start icon and start typing Control Panel

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    or left click on start icon, left click on all app icon (bottom one), scroll down to Windows System. In Windows System will be a Control Panel icon - you can right click on that and pin to the start screen or pin to taskbar.

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  8. AndreyT Win User

If you go to Settings -> Personalization, select Themes and then select Desktop Icon Settings, you will get a chance to place Control Panel icon on desktop, if you wish.

AndreyT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange - where is control panel? - Similar Threads - Strange where control

2. where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2: where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-control-panel-for-windows-10-version/faf075a9-ee7d-4fde-92e3-d5918c098c6b
  3. where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2: where is the control panel for windows 10 version 22h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-control-panel-for-windows-10-version/faf075a9-ee7d-4fde-92e3-d5918c098c6b
  4. where is control panel in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is control panel in windows 11: where is control panel in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-control-panel-in-windows-11/48e60140-134b-4c83-ae94-c0d0f61e8c8b
  5. where is control panel in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is control panel in windows 11: where is control panel in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-control-panel-in-windows-11/48e60140-134b-4c83-ae94-c0d0f61e8c8b
  6. Strange that they are planning to kill the Control Panel but then introduce new icons to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange that they are planning to kill the Control Panel but then introduce new icons to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TChanaH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n0jsun/strange_that_they_are_planning_to_kill_the/
  7. Where are the old Control Panel items?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the old Control Panel items?: Does anyone know how i can get the old Control Panel applets/menus in Windows 10 like Display and Default Programs? I know how to get the old Personalisation settings, i just wondered where the rest of the Control Panel pages have gone. Also btw sorry for the terrible...
  8. Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Where is the HDMI port in the Control Panel?: My motherboard has an HDMI port on the back. It does not seem to work. I want to see if it enabled in the Windows Control Panel or Device Manager, but I cannot find it. Can anyone tell me where to find it? Thank you for your help. 43862
  9. Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?: Hey Guys, I just got a new system , I always had in power options in control panel to "DIM THE DISPLAY" and now in win 10 there is no option to dim the display .. I thought it had to do with the Nvida driver .. or something like that ... Anyone know how to add this option?...
  10. where is the control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    where is the control panel?: this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere. 13477