Windows 10: Strange Windows Defender notification

Discus and support Strange Windows Defender notification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I returned back to my computer today there was a notification in the Action Center: Here is what it read: [img] It says that 2 threats were... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ayylmao212, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Strange Windows Defender notification

When I returned back to my computer today there was a notification in the Action Center: Here is what it read:

Strange Windows Defender notification [​IMG]

It says that 2 threats were dealt with but if I check the history I don't see anything in the Quarantine at all. Is there any way to find out what these threats were?

:)

ayylmao212, Aug 6, 2016
  2. Hunt4ME Win User

Action Center

Since my Update to Version 1709, I keep getting a notice that my Bit Defender Antivirus is turned off. This is very strange since I DO NOT have Bit Defender Antivirus installed. How can I stop getting the notification, or better yet, get Windows to stop
    saying a program that is not installed on my system is not running properly?

Hunt4ME, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Windows Defender Security Center -- Disable Alerts?

Hello,

This notification that you are seeing is a part of the new update for Windows Defender that is called Enhanced Notification. To turn this off, simply follow the steps listed below:

• Click Start
    • Scroll down and click Settings
    • Click Update & security
    • Click Windows Defender
    • Set Enhanced notifications to off

• Restart your PC
    We do find it strange that the Defender is sending you warnings about the battery of your machine, even though it's not low. It seems that there is a need for us to further look into this. please share this issue to us via Feedback Hub, so our engineers
    could have a look at this.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Aug 6, 2016
  4. PiKo Win User

Strange Windows Defender notification

I am not sure, but you have to do now a manual scan, find the two threats and decide what to do with them. After the manual scan they probably show up in history.

PiKo, Aug 6, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    In the history tab of Defender, select the All detected items radio button, then click on View details. It may be waiting for you to take action there.

simrick, Aug 8, 2016
  6. You might also try generating a log

PowerShell (Admin)
    Get-MpThreatDetection

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange Windows Defender notification

1. Strange Windows Defender notification - Similar Threads - Strange Defender notification

2. Windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender notification: Can anybody tell me how to fix windows defender notification problem because it's recent scan notification do not pop up but when I turn it off that notification come. I already reset my system many times and after reset notification perfectly work but after sometime it do...
  3. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  4. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  5. Strange notification on Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange notification on Windows Defender: I'm getting this message every day on the notification center in Windows 10: "you're also using another antivirus program for active protection"I'm pretty sure I don't use another antivirus programAny idea what this message refers to?...
  6. Strange notification on Windows Defender

Strange notification on Windows Defender: I'm getting this message every day on the notification center in Windows 10: "you're also using another antivirus program for active protection"I'm pretty sure I don't use another antivirus programAny idea what this message refers to?...
  7. Strange notification on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  9. Windows Defender notification

Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  10. Windows Defender notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender notification: Where is notification history? The notice that said a virus was found disappeared when I clicked on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-notification/9a66370a-e2c7-4eb9-8ad5-bc80153ba2c6"