Windows 10: Streaming added folders

Discus and support Streaming added folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a torrid time trying to work out a problem. I have successfully set up my music library so that I can stream music through to my Hi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by llewitha, Nov 1, 2015.

1. llewitha Win User

Streaming added folders

Hi,

I am having a torrid time trying to work out a problem. I have successfully set up my music library so that I can stream music through to my Hi Fi. But most of my music is on a second internal hard drive. I have set the second folder so that it can be shared and added the folder, called music2, to the music Library.

When I open the Library I can see the Music2 folder inside but when I try to stream from the Library I can only see the original contents of the music Library. The contents of the added folder (Music2) are nowhere to be seen. Does anyone know why a folder that I have added to the Library cannot be streamed? What have I forgotten to do?

Please help it's driving me nuts!

Thanks

:)

llewitha, Nov 1, 2015

2. groove music problem

Clarification aside: E.g SONGS

There are 4 Criteria/Filters

Showing ALL/ON PHONE /SD CARD/STREAMING

Streaming i.e. internet in your case WiFi those who use it data plan.

Music on the PHONE or SD CARD is NOT 'accessed' via GROOVE music stored here is
    played directly so to speak.

When you select a track in ALL you would have DUPLICATES as held in BOTH in OneDrive ("transmitter icon") & SD Card you stated 908 song.

Only songs in STREAMING (which appear in ALL) would you require WiFi for Groove.

You should remove the memory card from the phone and check using a card reader check to see what music had been copied onto the card

Storage Sense in order to work correctly needs to have music added from PC to SD card whilst the card is in the phone and into the music folder.

You cannot correct this by moving folders again while the card is still in the phone.

Create a folder with all the songs, Delete the folder from the SD card.

Insert the card back into the phone and copy the songs from the folder directly into the music folder.

I have to assume an error on your part, so if you had copied correctly 908 songs you would have 908 songs, there is a guide on adding music to the SD card also.

Album art is added to streamed music as internet, it won't be added to songs saved without it i.e SD Card.

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Nov 1, 2015
  3. ccdc15 Win User
    No longer getting social updates via the "what's new" section in contacts hub or in pictures hub for all Live Contacts

After testing further it seems that the problem is with the default folder "Mobile uploads” in SkyDrive.
    This is the folder that phone pictures are uploaded to. Adding any photo to any other folder in SkyDrive will show to friends in their update streams or "What's New" sections, but adding any photos to the mobile uploads folder is not detected.
    Even if you view your own history you will not see any photo you added to the "Mobile uploads" folder. Can others test to see if this is happening with your own SkyDrive account/ Windows Phone and mention it here? Would love to see if this is wide spread or
    not. Again my problem is only with that one folder...perhaps when the SkyDrive website was updated recently it screwed up this folder and it doesn't get picked up for social updates.

ccdc15, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Streaming added folders

1. Streaming added folders - Similar Threads - Streaming added folders

2. Adding folders to Onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding folders to Onedrive ?: Is there a way to select folders to backup to Onedrive that dont show in the area to add folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-folders-to-onedrive/6592b120-00dd-429f-98b4-9f9277880993
  3. Adding folders to Onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding folders to Onedrive ?: Is there a way to select folders to backup to Onedrive that dont show in the area to add folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-folders-to-onedrive/6592b120-00dd-429f-98b4-9f9277880993
  4. Adding folders to Onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding "NEW FOLDER"

Adding "NEW FOLDER": I cannot add any new folders to any of my drives or sub folders. I have checked all of the permission settings and everything is as it was before this problem started. The "New Folder" button at the top of my File Explorer app does not work either. Any reason that may cause...
  6. Select folders for Media Stream

Select folders for Media Stream: Hello guys, I'm sharing media from a second drive and it's perfectly working. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to show only "Videos" folder instead of all: "Pictures, Music and Recorded TV". I've looked every possible option but I can't figure out how to do it....
  7. adding a folder in email

adding a folder in email: please can someone tell me how to create a folder in my email account. I can do it in my first email address but do not have the add sign in the second email address. Thanks...
  8. Adding email folder

Adding email folder: A new email I added doesn't show the + sign to add more folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/adding-email-folder/e52bcdb8-8555-4bd6-aada-eba91fd6faab
  9. Folder streaming wrong files problem

Folder streaming wrong files problem: Hey guys, So i have a Yamaha Ax-3060 amp which i can connect over wifi to my PC running windows 10. The issue is that when it connects it sees a folder with like 2000 clips from my gopro which i have never shared. I want it to see the folders that i have with movies and...
  10. adding desktop folders

in Windows 10 Support
    adding desktop folders: I am running win 10 and I have lost being able to add a folder to my desktop to hold items I want to save. Like I backup my acc'tng. 2 to 3 times a week and save in a folder but now I can't create these folders. I was able to go to open space on desktop and right click and a...