Windows 10: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by systemlord2000, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Microsoft Edge allows full-screen mode by default, which shows only the web content and hides the Microsoft Edge UI.

Starting with full-screen mode in Microsoft Edge.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable full-screen mode in Microsoft Edge for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Microsoft Edge full-screen mode.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow FullScreen Mode policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you want.

5. To Enable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 [​IMG]

7. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen the browser to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

AllowFullScreenMode DWORD

delete = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_FullScreen_Mode_in_Microsoft_Edge.reg

Download

3. To Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_FullScreen_Mode_in_Microsoft_Edge.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen the browser to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

systemlord2000, Aug 15, 2015

2. what is the microsoft edge content process and is it ok to disable it

Hi Romip,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would recommend you not to disable the Microsoft Edge content process as its required for the functioning of the Microsoft Edge.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

Make sure your computer is up to date:

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.
    You may receive updates related to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 27, 2019
  3. birdie Win User
    Microsoft Adding "Ultimate Performance Mode" To Windows 10

Most people will enable this mode and forget to disable it after ending their gaming sessions which will result in hundreds of millions of PCs consuming a lot more power at idle.

What Microsoft should have done is enabling this mode automatically whenever a full screen D3D/OpenGL/Vulkan application is running.

I hope they'll reconsider this "solution" (more like a regression).

birdie, Oct 27, 2019
  4. RickC Win User

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Adobe flash Player enable in Microsoft edge

This does not work for me. It is still telling me I flash is disabled and it will not allow me to play games thru facebook on GSN. it is very frustrating. Is there another workaround?

PattiSharpless, Oct 27, 2019
  6. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Microsoft

2. Disable or Enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]Microsoft is keen on improving the experience for users on touchscreen devices. They have included Tablet mode in Windows and have done the same for the Edge browser. In this post, we will learn how to disable or enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge. Disable or...
  3. How to Enable or Disable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge: Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91.0.856.0, a new Performance mode is now available. Performance mode helps you optimize speed, responsiveness, memory, CPU and battery usage. Performance improvements might vary depending on your individual specifications and browser...
  4. How to Disable or Enable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable or Enable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge: It is not a secret that Microsoft is going all out to make their browser, Microsoft Edge, the best in the business. For that, it is rolling out updates with new features and one of them is “Performance Mode“. However, this feature is in testing mode and is only available in...
  5. Enable or disable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge using Windows 10 Registry

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge using Windows 10 Registry: In this post, we will help you enable or disable Guest Mode in Microsoft Edge. You can do this with the help of a registry tweak in Windows 10. This post covers all the steps. Later, you can also enable guest mode anytime. [ATTACH] Microsoft Edge provides a handy feature to...
  6. Disable Windows full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows full screen mode: How can I get an app out of full screen mode, and prevent it from entering full screen mode in the future. I do not want any software on the PC to be able to enter full screen mode...
  7. Enable or Disable Dark Mode for Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Dark Mode for Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: Enable or Disable Dark Mode for Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode for All Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to...
  8. Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  9. Toggle Full Screen Mode On and Off in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Toggle Full Screen Mode On and Off in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Toggle Full Screen Mode On and Off in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Toggle Full Screen Mode On and Off in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 [info]If you Windows 10 PC or device has a touchscreen, you could swipe in from a screen edge to invoke a system UI below. Swipe in from the right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable full screen edge