Windows 10: Strengthening the Microsoft Edge Sandbox

Discus and support Strengthening the Microsoft Edge Sandbox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In a recent post, we outlined the layered strategy that the Microsoft Edge security team employs to protect you from vulnerabilities that could be used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Strengthening the Microsoft Edge Sandbox

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/...-edge-sandbox/

:)

Brink, Mar 22, 2017
  2. ConiGL Win User
    ConiGL, Mar 22, 2017
  3. John582n Win User
    Windows 10 continually suggests Using Edge instead of IE

Did you know that Edge browser is effectively sandboxed?

There are a few security improvements to Edge, but the most significant one is that the new browser is a
    Universal Windows app. This fundamentally changes Edge so that all its management and content processes all run in “app container sandboxes”.
    So every Internet page that Microsoft Edge visits will be effectively rendered inside a sandbox.

Since there is no ActiveX support in Edge, the vulnerable Java Runtime Environment is not supported, so you won't be able to view the few remaining web sites that use Java.

Adobe Flash player is supported but this is under the control of Windows update - you don't need to be concerned about updating Flash.

Source acknowledged but unknown, more here:

Microsoft Edge: Building a safer browser - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

John582n, Mar 22, 2017
Thema:

Strengthening the Microsoft Edge Sandbox

1. Strengthening the Microsoft Edge Sandbox - Similar Threads - Strengthening Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge not working within Windows Sandbox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge not working within Windows Sandbox.: Hi!Since I've started using microsoft's built in VM, called the "Windows Sandbox" I've been experiencing a pretty comical issue.Let's say that you want to download something sketchy, you open a Sandbox instance to investigate, and poof:https://imgur.com/a/yUXiaaw can't upload...
  3. Microsoft Edge not working within Windows Sandbox.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge not working within Windows Sandbox.: Hi!Since I've started using microsoft's built in VM, called the "Windows Sandbox" I've been experiencing a pretty comical issue.Let's say that you want to download something sketchy, you open a Sandbox instance to investigate, and poof:https://imgur.com/a/yUXiaaw can't upload...
  4. Microsoft SandBox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft SandBox: Hello,Is there a possibility to activate a mail client in microsoft sandbox, if it is not connected to the internet. This is to safely open e-mails and to look at the effective links, attachments and properties of the e-mail.I have already configured a custom sandbox, so that...
  5. Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox: I want to use a new Edge version that is based on Chromium on my PC running Windows Sandbox.Is it possible? BIG thnx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromium-based-edge-in-windows-sandbox/e8162135-0cfb-4939-acdc-5128c86fa9cc
  6. Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues: Greetings I'm relishing the new Chromium Edge and would like to use it for everything. However, it is really important for all sorts of reasons that my personal profiles is kept separate from my work profile and the syncing issue has me concerned. So - can Edge actually...
  7. How to enable Audio Sandbox in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Audio Sandbox in Edge browser: [ATTACH]The latest stable version of the Edge browser allows administrators to configure certain browser capabilities via Administrative Templates. It includes new policies that IT admins […] This article How to enable Audio Sandbox in Edge browser first appeared on...
  8. Microsoft Windows 10 Sandbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 Sandbox: Microsoft Windows 10 Sandbox "WSB" file. Where you can create a config file and use to open Sandbox. How do you create a code that can start and install "multi programs", when you start Microsoft Windows 10 Sandbox that way. And not just 1 program so you dont have to...
  9. Microsoft sandbox stoped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working: i recently update to may update(1903) with update assistant. i enable Microsoft sandbox it even worked few times but suddenly stop working giving an error . failed to start. i tried to disable and enable again but nothing happens[ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft Bing Ads and Verizon Media strengthen search partnership

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bing Ads and Verizon Media strengthen search partnership: Microsoft and Verizon Media are making it even easier for search marketers to reach valuable audiences across the Bing Network through an expanded partnership. As a result, marketers will have a single global platform to create search advertising campaigns that reach...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does microsoft edge have forget or sandbox