Windows 10: String ordering difference between Windows 10 and version 1803

Discus and support String ordering difference between Windows 10 and version 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, We've noticed some differences in string orderings between windows 10 enterprise version 10.0.16299 and version 1803, specifically affecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Asha Patel (Asha.Patel), Jul 19, 2018.

1. String ordering difference between Windows 10 and version 1803

Hi all,

We've noticed some differences in string orderings between windows 10 enterprise version 10.0.16299 and version 1803, specifically affecting accented characters. Both OS versions had the same system and input locale (en-gb) and time zone (UTC+00:00). Has anyone else encountered this and know whether this is intended or not?

Repro steps:
    * In powershell, create a text file including some accented characters - we used the upper and lowercase a-grave characters:
    > "a" > .\characterFile.txt
    > "A" >> .\characterFile.txt
    > "a'" >> .\characterFile.txt
    > "A'" >> .\characterFile.txt
    > "a-" >> .\characterFile.txt
    > "ab" >> .\characterFile.txt
    > "a-b" >> .\characterFile.txt
    > [char]0x00C0 >> .\characterFile.txt
    > [char]0x00E0 >> .\characterFile.txt
    * Still in powershell, run "Get-Content .\characterFile.txt | Sort-Object". We saw differing string ordering depending on the OS as follows:

In Windows 10 Enterprise:
    A
    a
    À
    à
    a'
    A'
    a-
    ab
    a-b

In Windows 1803 version:
    A
    a
    A'
    a'
    a-
    À
    à
    ab
    a-b

Specifically, the differences are in the orders of a' and A', as well as the location of the accented characters.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour or know whether this is intended? Any information is appreciated!

Thanks,

Asha

:)

Asha Patel (Asha.Patel), Jul 19, 2018
  2. ste2425 Win User

ordering strings alphanumerically

Hi all

I have a question for you all.

Im trying to order a set of input data. Its a list of strings some containing just number, some just letters and some a mixture. Im coding in c# using i believe asp.net. Its a .net technology. Sorry for the vagueness there but i have only been using it for half a week and my dam windows has died and im writing this from a Ubuntu live cd (gotta love linux).

Any who ive currently managed to split the input list into three seperate list using some regex and converted the numbers into int using int.Parse(). Then ordered the numbers using .order() so that side of things is grand. I now have a list of strings containing just numbers which i order again using .order() and it orders them alphabetically, then using .addrange() i can combine the two together listing all the numbers then all the letters alphabetically at the end. However ive come a bit unstuck with the strings that contain letters and numbers.

for example i have

2test
    3test
    11test
    4ab
    1ab
    32ab

which i then need listed as

1ab
    4ab
    32ab
    2test
    3test
    11test

the issue is the number could be on the end or at the front. I want them to be ordered primarely alphabetically then if theres many words starting with T for example they are block together and run numercially.

So when its all finished i end up with a list like this

a
    abc
    bhg
    2bh
    bh4
    bh5
    h
    j
    3j
    j5

Hope all this makes sense im in the process of fixing windows 8 AGAIN so should be able to provide more info if needed. Hope you all can shed some light onto this. Im stuck on ordering the string containing both letters and numbers

ste2425, Jul 19, 2018
  3. ordering strings alphanumerically

You don't loop it, it does via .Sort(IComparer). In my example, it would like like...
    Code: List<string> list = new List<string>(); list.Add("2"); list.Add("1"); list.Add("0"); //sort it OffsetLengthPairComparer comparer = new OffsetLengthPairComparer(); list.Sort(comparer);[/quote] Obviously my comparer doesn't work for strings because it is for a custom type but, you get the idea.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

String ordering difference between Windows 10 and version 1803

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

String ordering difference between Windows 10 and version 1803

1. String ordering difference between Windows 10 and version 1803 - Similar Threads - String ordering difference

2. WMI connections between different Windows Server versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI connections between different Windows Server versions: I'm having problems when connecting to 2 new Windows Server 2019 servers when attempting to connect to them from an older server OS e.g. Windows Server 2012.At the moment, using the WMI test tool wbemtest, I can only connect to these new servers from Windows Server 2022.I am...
  3. WMI connections between different Windows Server versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI connections between different Windows Server versions: I'm having problems when connecting to 2 new Windows Server 2019 servers when attempting to connect to them from an older server OS e.g. Windows Server 2012.At the moment, using the WMI test tool wbemtest, I can only connect to these new servers from Windows Server 2022.I am...
  4. Differences between Windows 11 versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Differences between Windows 11 versions?: I have a laptop with Windows 11 Enterprise loaded on it and I can see the new settings UI that has changed from what is looked like in Windows 10. They have moved a few settings around so it took a minute to find the same stuff I knew how to find in Windows 10. I recently got...
  5. Differences between Windows 11 versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Differences between Windows 11 versions?: I have a laptop with Windows 11 Enterprise loaded on it and I can see the new settings UI that has changed from what is looked like in Windows 10. They have moved a few settings around so it took a minute to find the same stuff I knew how to find in Windows 10. I recently got...
  6. Difference between Windows 10 final version and Insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between Windows 10 final version and Insider: I was doing some research because I wanted to download W10 ISO using this web page https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php And I saw that they got this option Windows(Final) Windows(Insider) And I don't know the differences about it, right now I'm doing some research on my own...
  7. What is the difference between version and image version and windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between version and image version and windows 10 ?: I am trying to repair my windows 10 system image with ISO file downloaded from media creation tool. When I am trying to fix it, using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:E:\sources\install.esd:3 /LimitAccess though I am running windows 10 home single...
  8. Swapping Different Windows 10 Versions between Motherboards

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping Different Windows 10 Versions between Motherboards: Did some research but haven't found anything that explicitly states how to do it yet. If I purchased a used computer that had Windows 10 Pro activated on it, would it be possible to swap the installation with the Windows 10 Home installation on my existing computer?...
  9. difference between version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    difference between version of windows 10: may I ask u a favor. Please, let me know. does someone know the difference between windows 10 English us and English uk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-version-of-windows-10/8433eca5-e43f-46bd-b029-9f8fa5325eec
  10. What is the difference between windows 10 version 1511 and 1607?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the difference between windows 10 version 1511 and 1607?: What is the difference between windows 10 version 1511 and 1607? 69397

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difference between version1803 and 1607 in windows 10

2. difference between windows 10 version 1607 and 1803

3. winow 10 difference between 1607 and 1803

4. what the different between windows 10.0.16299 and 1803,
  5. what deffrence between 1607 and 1803 update,
  6. what is the defference between of window 10 version 1607 and 1803,
  7. difference between win1709 and 1803