Windows 10: Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen

Discus and support Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi! I have an issue with my 2,5 year old Legion 5 screen. As you can see on the pictures, there are horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Wacz, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Wacz Win User

Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen

Hi! I have an issue with my 2,5 year old Legion 5 screen.

As you can see on the pictures, there are horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure when they exactly appeared, but I've spotted them 1-2~ or so month ago. Apart from that, there are also vertical shadows on the middle of the screen, visible on the blue background.

I'm not really sure what might be the reason for them existing and I didn't find a satisfying answer anywhere else on the internet, so here I am. I have...

Read more

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 27, 2024
  3. My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side

I own a Dell XPS 15 115z and I have been having this screen issue for about a year, I don't know what the problem is. This is how it looks:

Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen 70653d1485964786t-my-laptop-screen-has-big-dark-shadow-side-dsc01698.jpg

Why is my screen like this? Is it some virus or is the LCD screen burned out? What should I do? HELP ME*cry

camimaine123, Feb 27, 2024
  4. N-Gen Win User

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. Stripes at bottom of the screen and dark vertical "shadow" on laptop screen - Similar Threads - Stripes bottom screen

2. Bottom of laptop screen is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom of laptop screen is black: The bottom half of my laptops screen is blacked out even when booting up the computer it used to go away and be smaller but now it’s gotten to the point where the laptop is near unusable...
  3. Bottom of laptop screen is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bottom of laptop screen is black: The bottom half of my laptops screen is blacked out even when booting up the computer it used to go away and be smaller but now it’s gotten to the point where the laptop is near unusable...
  4. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  5. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  6. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Green line in laptop's screen: As I was out of the city, I couldn't open my laptop. When I came back and opened my laptop then there was a vertical horizontal line of the screen. I tried to fix it by updating driver also but it failed. So please suggest me some way to get out of this....
  8. Vertical lines across bottom of screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Vertical lines across bottom of screen.: Hi all, I posted in here about a live account that I couldn't get into a while back. I ended up just reinstalling windows. Anyway all has been good my pc has been great. But today I turn it on and the bottom half of my screen has vertical black and white lines for some...
  9. background colour; vertical yellow stripes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background colour; vertical yellow stripes: Hi there everyone.I've been seeing two yellowish strips at the sides of my SP4 for a couple of months now. After reading that might have something to do with keeping the unit connected while in use, I started taking care not to do that and for a few weeks the discoloration...
  10. My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop screen has a big dark shadow on the side: I own a Dell XPS 15 115z and I have been having this screen issue for about a year, I don't know what the problem is. This is how it looks: [img] Why is my screen like this? Is it some virus or is the LCD screen burned out? What should I do? HELP ME*cry 44700