Windows 10: Stubborn and varied BSoDs

Discus and support Stubborn and varied BSoDs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This might be a bit long, I apologize, but I like to give details. Every once in a while, my computer locks up entirely, with no input nor output... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LazyCoder, Apr 10, 2016.

1. LazyCoder Win User

Stubborn and varied BSoDs

This might be a bit long, I apologize, but I like to give details.

Every once in a while, my computer locks up entirely, with no input nor output happening. It was happening every few minutes, much worse than before, so I sent it back to the company to get the hardware checked out. The diagnosed it to be the RAM and replaced it under the warranty. They formatted the disk, probably so that they could access it or something. It still has the problem, but nowhere near as often. This leads me to believe that drivers or software may be to blame.

Yesterday, it had the problem for the first time since I got it back four days ago. I booted it up and it shut itself down before starting completely. I never associated things like that with the problem, but I'm starting to think it might be connected.
    It keeps getting BSoDs. Previously, BSoDs were rare because output would lock up before the screen displayed the error in 9/10 cases. Right now, the computer is a lot more reliable and these problems are less severe and further between.

But I am still having the same BSoDs as I was before. There is a DirectX driver that keeps crashing, but that only happens on a specific game (Or seems to), and I don't think it is the culprit.

Even bad ideas are better than my own, don't hesitate to post your thoughts.

:)

LazyCoder, Apr 10, 2016

2. Frequent Bugchecks Type 133 with parameters (1, 1e,0,0)

ANy log would have been deleted when you re-installed. I suspect we could have gotten you back in but clean installs are often the fastest way of clearing a stubborn BSOD issue

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 10, 2016
  3. Constant BSODs-varying errors (URGENT)

Hello,

We would like to confirm if you are still receiving blue screen errors. Is your computer working properly now? If yes, can you tell us the status?

If you need more help, you can contact us. We are just here for you.

Johann Eva, Apr 10, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

There are crash dumps of 05/04, 09/04, 10/04 and 11/04. other than those of 11/04, all are reporting to be memory corruption. The last two are apparently driver related, but I would suggest you to do it from the root. Do test the RAM modules yourself. Be sure that the replacement RAM are good.
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

After seeing the results, we will decide our next step. OK? *Smile

5. LazyCoder Win User
    Thanks. I figured it might be the RAM based on some searches, but after testing for 24 passes, there was nothing detected. Thanks for the reply though. *Smile
    I will be gone for a little bit to test my processor since it can't hurt, right?
    The Dxg2mms.sys only happens when playing a specific game, but I will still check if anything needs updating.

LazyCoder, Apr 11, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Nice. If you run Memtest86+ for 24 passes and it does not show the error, there is no problem. But it should take a long time. Make it sure that you used Memtest86+.
    You can do it. Stress test the CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU It saves the result as a .txt file in the prime95's folder. Upload the file for us.
    If it happens with only one game, there is not much to be worried of.

Next, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and DisableRun Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Stubborn and varied BSoDs [​IMG]
    Information Why Driver Verifier:
    It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
    It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

7. LazyCoder, try Arc's method first. If that doesn't work, I recently solved the same problem when I learned that my video driver had not installed properly.

Type Device Manager into Cortana. Select Display Adapters, and when your video card appears, select it. In the box that appears, you will probably be told that the device is functioning correctly and that you have the latest driver. However, click the tab for "Events." Select the date that Win 10 was installed (Okay, select all the dates, starting with the last) and find one that states whether or not the driver was installed properly.

If it was not installed properly, SET A RESTORE POINT FIRST, and then uninstall the driver. Do not delete it. 10 will automatically install a generic driver, so your screen won-t go blank. Reboot. It might give you a choice of installing the driver or might do it automatically. Give it a minute and then check Events to see if it installed properly. Even if it did, you must reboot.

Vince Massi, Apr 11, 2016
  8. LazyCoder Win User

Okay, here are the results of the stress testing.
    Attachment 74473

I will check on the drivers and events, Vince, thanks for the help. *Smile

For the record, my primary concern isn't the BSoDs, but I am just investigating if they are related to the freezing.

LazyCoder, Apr 11, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    It shows .....
    So it is hardware failure.

Are you overclocking? If so, set all the hardware components to default and run Prime95 again.

If you dont overclock, RMA the CPU.

10. LazyCoder Win User
    Okay, I figured it was something like that. I will double check my overclocking in case I bumped something (Hopefully not, I'm deathly afraid of overclocking). Thanks for the help, I should be able to get it resolved now. *Smile

LazyCoder, Apr 11, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
    OK, let us know what you have done and what it resulted. *Smile

Thema:

1. Stubborn and varied BSoDs - Similar Threads - Stubborn varied BSoDs

2. Frequent Varying BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Varying BSODs: Hello!I've recently been dealing with quite a few BSODs and I have been monitoring and logging all the ones that I've discovered and figured it was best to ask here for any assistance.Listed below are all the BSODs I've occurred over the past week or...
  3. Frequent Varying BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Varying BSODs: Hello!I've recently been dealing with quite a few BSODs and I have been monitoring and logging all the ones that I've discovered and figured it was best to ask here for any assistance.Listed below are all the BSODs I've occurred over the past week or...
  4. Frequent Varying BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Repeated BSODs with Varying Errors

Repeated BSODs with Varying Errors: Sysinfo: DriveHi,I've been getting various BSODs after seemingly random tasks - things like watching Youtube, installing programs, and playing specifically LDPlayer Emulator games. Weirdly enough, I've never had a crash when playing more graphically intensive games like...
  6. Frequent and varied BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent and varied BSODs: For the last couple of months, I've been receiving random BSODs such as:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFERSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONAnd so on.I've tried with fresh Window installation, disabling drivers, updating them. I've tried sfc...
  7. Frequent and varied BSODs

Frequent and varied BSODs: For the last couple of months, I've been receiving random BSODs such as:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFERSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONAnd so on.I've tried with fresh Window installation, disabling drivers, updating them. I've tried sfc...
  8. Frequent (and varied) BSOD's

Frequent (and varied) BSOD's: For a month now, my computer has frequently (At least twice a day) been soft-locking up (IE everything pauses for a couple seconds as I frantically try and do something, and then everything happening at once at the end of it). Just a several hours ago my computer BSOD'ed to...
  9. Frequent BSOD with varying errors

Frequent BSOD with varying errors: Hello, I am experiencing frequent BSOD errors while using my desktop running Windows 10. Most frequently the error is a Kernel_Security_Check_Failure however I have also seen "IQR Not Less or Equal" and "KMode exception not handled". None of these error codes are ever...
  10. Varying BSOD's...

Varying BSOD's...: Ok I want to take a moment to say thanks to AXEO for helping me solve my issues! Ok I was experiencing a wide range of blue screen error msg's AKA as BSOD's. IRQL, MEM, READ/write, combined with computer freezing for moment and then speeding up....here is a quick sum up of...