Windows 10: Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop

Discus and support Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I tried adding a virtual desktop, a strange gray rectangle has appeared on my desktop (both Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 I might add). This semi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RuneW, Oct 15, 2015.

1. RuneW Win User

Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop

After I tried adding a virtual desktop, a strange gray rectangle has appeared on my desktop (both Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 I might add). This semi translucent rectangle covers up the desktop icons so that I cannot click on them.

I've tried to close all apps, but it won't go away. Any idea what this is all about?

-Rune

EDIT: Never mind. It disappeared with a reboot.

:)

RuneW, Oct 15, 2015

2. questionable image on all screens

Please see the image below that demonstrates the black rectangle with the blue line and "100" that mysteriously started appearing on the upper left portion of my screen on documents, desktop and websites. I am unable to move it or delete this black rectangle
    despite searching through all of the programs and controls. Please advise.

CindyStern, Oct 15, 2015
  3. How to disable grey rectangle in middle of computer screen- fixed.

How do I get rid of a rectangle, 2x1 inches in middle of screen. Grey in colour. Cursor goes under it. We have turned off computer. No good still there. We are having to work with it but it is difficult. we do not know how to disable. we cannot move it
    out of the way.

Gill morrison, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop

1. Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop - Similar Threads - Stubborn grey rectangle

2. screen covering desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen covering desktop: A separate solid pinkish/brown screen, slightly smaller than my desktop display keeps coming up. It covers my desktop, on my laptop, completely. This has been happening for a few weeks. I've found a remedy in typing on optimise in my search menu. I'm directed to Optimise...
  3. Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor: Computer is locally built 2016, Intel Core i5 Skylake processor (6th Gen) 3.2/3.6GH, 80GT/s, 6MB, etc. Monitor is Dell UltraSharp 38 Curved Monitor - U3818DW Last update 2019-02 Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4465065) successfully installed 6/18/2019. In...
  4. Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop

Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi all, Recently I've had this strange white rectangle appearing in the top left corner of both my PC and my computer's desktop. I have no idea what it is because I can't find it in task manager. It seems to disable Wallpaper Engine as well. It is also completely...
  5. Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle

Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle: Hey, When I turn up the volume while playing music or a vidéo, the play pause next and previous icons do not appear. I do have the box near the volume, but only rectangles are displayed. [ATTACH] what can I do?...
  6. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...
  7. small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor

small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor: This happened arbitrarily a few moments ago. I have rebooted, no difference. The only thing that could have happened is my kitten could stepped on a key. Nothing else has changed. My HP laptop was purchased new a few months ago....
  8. black screen with blinking line in upper left corner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with blinking line in upper left corner: I am running windows 10, from windows 8. Free download. I was usinf Skype, and the sound went off. I tried to restart my desktop, and after upgrade and restart, screen just black with blinking line. What to do to repair windows 10? Please advice. Best regards, John From...
  9. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...
  10. Volume indicator upper left of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume indicator upper left of screen: Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks...