Windows 10: Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop

Discus and support Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I tried adding a virtual desktop, a strange gray rectangle has appeared on my desktop (both Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 I might add). This semi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RuneW, Oct 15, 2015.

1. RuneW Win User

Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop

After I tried adding a virtual desktop, a strange gray rectangle has appeared on my desktop (both Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 I might add). This semi translucent rectangle covers up the desktop icons so that I cannot click on them.

I've tried to close all apps, but it won't go away. Any idea what this is all about?

-Rune

EDIT: Never mind. It disappeared with a reboot.

:)

RuneW, Oct 15, 2015

2. questionable image on all screens

Please see the image below that demonstrates the black rectangle with the blue line and "100" that mysteriously started appearing on the upper left portion of my screen on documents, desktop and websites. I am unable to move it or delete this black rectangle
    despite searching through all of the programs and controls. Please advise.

CindyStern, Oct 15, 2015
  3. How to disable grey rectangle in middle of computer screen- fixed.

How do I get rid of a rectangle, 2x1 inches in middle of screen. Grey in colour. Cursor goes under it. We have turned off computer. No good still there. We are having to work with it but it is difficult. we do not know how to disable. we cannot move it
    out of the way.

Gill morrison, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop

1. Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop - Similar Threads - Stubborn grey rectangle

2. Holding left-click drawing rectangle on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding left-click drawing rectangle on desktop: I can hold the left mouse button down on my desktop, drag it, and draw a rectangle. The problem is, that it has changed from a shaded, colorful rectangle to a not shaded white outlined rectangle....
  3. Holding left-click drawing rectangle on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holding left-click drawing rectangle on desktop: I can hold the left mouse button down on my desktop, drag it, and draw a rectangle. The problem is, that it has changed from a shaded, colorful rectangle to a not shaded white outlined rectangle....
  4. Holding left-click drawing rectangle on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop: I have this weird grey box in the top left of my desktop, I have seen other people who have had this problem and was wondering if I could get an answer. Here's a screenshot:Here's some things I know about it:-It does not appear on startup-When it does appear all desktop icons...
  6. Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop: I have this weird grey box in the top left of my desktop, I have seen other people who have had this problem and was wondering if I could get an answer. Here's a screenshot:Here's some things I know about it:-It does not appear on startup-When it does appear all desktop icons...
  7. Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop

8. Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen

Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen: Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen. Only goes away when I reboot my PC or restart File Explorer. It is annoying to do this every time. Any ways to get rid of it completely?...
  9. Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...: It just appeared this morning as I logged in, please help! All of my desktop apps are gone from it. Whenever I click on it and drag, another box of the same size appears. submitted by /u/Blushberrii [link] [comments]...
  10. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 gray rectangle on desktop