Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update

Discus and support Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After I updated my Windows 10 to 1803, my PC can't boot. Stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle , no HDD indicator activity.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ztartennery, May 8, 2018.

1. ztartennery Win User

After I updated my Windows 10 to 1803, my PC can't boot. Stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle , no HDD indicator activity. However, I can enter safe mode. What is the problem?

:)

ztartennery, May 8, 2018
  2. Steve Rogalinski Win User

Computer stuck on Black Screen with spinning Circle after restarting with an update

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I have resolved my problem, but, of course, I now have to re-install all of my software.

I resolved it by:

• Restoring my PC to it's original state (Windows 7)
    • Updating my PC to Windows 10
    • Eventually got stuck on black screen with spinning circle - shut down PC. It attempted to continue restore and got stuck on black screen again.
    • Deleted all Windows update files (as suggested on Microsoft site) and tried again.
    • Shut it down again and this time it restored me back to ... ugh ... Window 7 again.
    • Followed the same process two more times and, finally, when I forced a shutdown, it came back up and continued to successfully install Windows 10.

I have no idea why this happened. I am just happy that I am back to 10 again. Now I'll spend the next two days getting my PC back to the state it was in before all of this happened.

Again, thank you for trying to help me out!

Steve Rogalinski, Jun 8, 2018
  3. DGladding Win User
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle After latest update

I have been using windows 10 on my pc since it came out without out any issues but after doing the last series of patches/updates the system gets stuck in the boot screen with the spinning circle. I have tried may repair methods

• Recovery disk fix boot
    • restore to last saved update
    • restored from clone and stared again, only doing each windows update and saving each point

eventually after doing all the updates it allways fails with the same issue. The only way to recover is restoring with my cloned c drive image for last month and not do the windows update.

DGladding, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore: Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated. 103241
  3. Windows 10 Stuck with Black Screen after Easeus

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuck with Black Screen after Easeus: Hi, I urgently need help. I tried to resize my C drive on my new laptop twice with easeus. It restarted, displayed a message that read easeus partition master boot mode, it just showed a black screen and stayed there. I forced shutdown it and I got a BSOD. I had to reset it....
  4. Captured images stuck on "just a moment" or black screen loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Captured images stuck on "just a moment" or black screen loading: Hello everyone! Tenforums has been a great source of information for me when working in our IT environment, as opposed to Microsoft´s websites that rarely provide any (useful) information. I have now encountered a problem that is taking up most of my work-hours and it is...
  5. How to investigate how a black screen was stuck?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to investigate how a black screen was stuck?: EDIT: I though I was in the Windows 7 Forum. If a moderator wishes to remove this post that's fine with me: I'll go to the Windows 7 Forum . I just looked up whether or not I could delete my post but wasn't able to. I'd like to as that a moderator does delete it. Thank you....
  6. Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck: Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should...
  7. Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen: My computer is getting stuck on the black screen between the Windows 10 logo with loading circle and the login screen. The first couple times it happened today, I pressed the reset button and then it loaded just fine (though I had an extended black screen between logging...
  8. Stuck on Black screen showing mouse curser after trying to switch user

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on Black screen showing mouse curser after trying to switch user: Hi, I am really hoping someone might be able to help me with this issue. There seems to be a lot of info on the issue, but none of it has helped me with my problem. So awhile back I created a new user on my computer for the purpose of having a user name to set up a ftp...
  9. Alienware M14x R2 stuck on black screen spinning dots help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Alienware M14x R2 stuck on black screen spinning dots help please: okay so I'm probably not posting this in the right area so I apologize if I'm not (i got a BSOD but it ain't a blue screen lol). UPDATE PT.2: ignore the first update because that didn't work. i tried resetting my computer completely, and from a previous media file or w/e...
  10. PC won't start, stucks at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start, stucks at black screen: I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then everything turns black, i neither know how this happened or when? i just wokeup and couldn't start my PC. im running windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 not loading up contiual blue circle in middle of screen

2. bootstuck after 1803 update

3. windows 10 1803 no spinning wheel after reboot

4. windows 10 1803 stuck on loading circle,
  5. windows 10 build 1803 black screen