Windows 10: Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update

Discus and support Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After I updated my Windows 10 to 1803, my PC can't boot. Stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle , no HDD indicator activity.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ztartennery, May 8, 2018.

1. Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update

After I updated my Windows 10 to 1803, my PC can't boot. Stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle , no HDD indicator activity. However, I can enter safe mode. What is the problem?

:)

ztartennery, May 8, 2018

2. Computer stuck on Black Screen with spinning Circle after restarting with an update

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I have resolved my problem, but, of course, I now have to re-install all of my software.

I resolved it by:

• Restoring my PC to it's original state (Windows 7)
    • Updating my PC to Windows 10
    • Eventually got stuck on black screen with spinning circle - shut down PC. It attempted to continue restore and got stuck on black screen again.
    • Deleted all Windows update files (as suggested on Microsoft site) and tried again.
    • Shut it down again and this time it restored me back to ... ugh ... Window 7 again.
    • Followed the same process two more times and, finally, when I forced a shutdown, it came back up and continued to successfully install Windows 10.

I have no idea why this happened. I am just happy that I am back to 10 again. Now I'll spend the next two days getting my PC back to the state it was in before all of this happened.

Again, thank you for trying to help me out!

Steve Rogalinski, Jun 8, 2018
  3. DGladding Win User
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle After latest update

I have been using windows 10 on my pc since it came out without out any issues but after doing the last series of patches/updates the system gets stuck in the boot screen with the spinning circle. I have tried may repair methods

• Recovery disk fix boot
    • restore to last saved update
    • restored from clone and stared again, only doing each windows update and saving each point

eventually after doing all the updates it allways fails with the same issue. The only way to recover is restoring with my cloned c drive image for last month and not do the windows update.

DGladding, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update

1. Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle: So basically i started my pc and saw a blue screen saying something about an automatic repair and i just clicked the left button and now started up again and am stuck on a black screen with the spinning loading circle ab please help fr fr...
  3. Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle: So basically i started my pc and saw a blue screen saying something about an automatic repair and i just clicked the left button and now started up again and am stuck on a black screen with the spinning loading circle ab please help fr fr...
  4. Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.: Before this happen I opened task manager my cpu was at 100% used while I had no apps open i decided to restart my pc after that it just got stuck on the spinning circle. Tried to full restart my pc but i didn’t let me and i don’t know what to do. I’m not sure what it is. I...
  6. Stuck on this screen on boot where nothing but the spinning circle is there after POST,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on this screen on boot where nothing but the spinning circle is there after POST,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-Pozy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik94eo/stuck_on_this_screen_on_boot_where_nothing_but/
  7. Long time black screen with spinning circle on boot.

Long time black screen with spinning circle on boot.: In general my computer will spend less than 10 seconds to startup. But I encountered the same problem twice on two computers: They will show a black screen with spinning circle after Motherboard Logo with spinning circle on boot. It will takes about 2~3 minutes. Then it...
  8. Stuck on black screen with spinning circle after latest update. Same when booting in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on black screen with spinning circle after latest update. Same when booting in safe mode.: Tried booting into repair mode already, says I have no points to restore to. Windows updates can’t be rolled back. And when I booted into safe mode, black screen. Startup repair doesn't do anything either. I've tried every option. So thanks to Microsoft I now have to spend a...
  9. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle

Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle: Hello, We tried many times this steps, but nothing is happen: Press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Press the power button again As soon as the spinning wheel starts, press and hold the power button Repeat until automatic repair starts (usually...
  10. After update: Black screen with spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 Support
    After update: Black screen with spinning loading circle: My laptop did the big update this morning and now for the last couple hours it has been stuck on a black screen with a white spinning circle. What should I do? I'm inexperienced in areas like this and I don't want to ruin my computer. 62640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server spinning wheel on reboot

2. server 2016 boots to spinning wheel then black screen

3. kb4512508 spinning circle

4. dell latitude 5580 stuck on automatic repair spinning,
  5. dell latitude spinning circles after update,
  6. feb windows update spinning white circle,
  7. windows 10 stuck on spinning circles after update,
  8. 1803 black screen with spinning wheel after windows update,
  9. windows 10 stuck on spinning circle on boot,
  10. after update 100% and circle keeps spinning,
  11. Gateway stuck at blackscreen 1803 update,