Windows 10: Stuck at log in screen. No accounts.

Discus and support Stuck at log in screen. No accounts. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 & it just asked to update so I allowed it. Now when my computer restarts, everything seems to work fine, until I get to the sign in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DevonGroves, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Stuck at log in screen. No accounts.

I have Windows 10 & it just asked to update so I allowed it. Now when my computer restarts, everything seems to work fine, until I get to the sign in screen where it says "please wait" and I get an infinite loading screen.

Stuck at log in screen. No accounts. [​IMG]

The only thing that works is ctrl+ alt + delete and it gives me this.

Still no accounts to sign into.

I've tried holding shift + restart but it doesn't seem to do anything. Shift + F8 also does nothing during startup.

:)

DevonGroves, Mar 2, 2016

2. Log in Screen Locks out! Stuck at Blue Screen Windows 10

I have an issue with a certain log in screen that's now popping up for at least 4 users... its annoying as hell and I cannot figure out how to remove it or even where it came from... After CTRL/ALT/DEL (windows 10) this screen shows up...

This wouldn't be an issue but sometimes after hitting ctrl/alt/del we do not get the screen shown above, but instead get this frozen blue screen and the only way out of it is to restart the PC and hope we get the log in option:

How can we get rid of this log in screen entirely and use the standard WIN10 log in screen shown below:

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TimothyKinnie, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Log in Screen Locks out! Stuck at Blue Screen Windows 10

Well no its not activated....

I don't think anyone is understanding my problem...

When a user leaves their desk, they lock their screen via (ALT+L)

When the use tries to unlock their screen it get stuck:

The only way to get passed this stuck blue screen is to restart the PC.

The screen ONLY gets stuck with users who have this strange looking sign in screen:

The above image is not the standard windows 10 log in screen. We do not know how it got on the users PC, we need to get rid of it because its on this screen that users get stuck.

TimothyKinnie, Mar 2, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Stuck at log in screen. No accounts.

Hi Devon and welcome to Tenforums.

If you have a restore point from before the update, perhaps system restore.
    I would then run sfc /scannow to check the integrity of system files before running the update again.

simrick, Mar 2, 2016
  5. So I managed to get to system recovery but I get an error saying the recovery point is corrupt or missing.

DevonGroves, Mar 2, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Okay, let's try running sfc /scannow at boot (option 1); see if we can't get things straightened out that way.

simrick, Mar 3, 2016
  7. I'm having this exact problem, and sfc didn't find anything for me. Got the update, corrupted restore points, spinning circles forever, ctl+alt+dlt does the same thing, the whole shebang.

Though in my case it will actually eventually get to the login screen if you wait about 3 hours.

If you want a temporary fix I found I could log into safe mode, rightclick the start button and go to programs and features, click "view installed updates" then uninstall KB3140743. Next go to C:\Windows\SotwareDistribution and delete everything inside. Now restart and everything should be as it was, minus the most recent update.

I would like to fix the problem after having the update, though. Why does it take hours to log in?

Branovices, Mar 3, 2016
  8. Stuck at log in screen. No accounts.

Yeah, it not only didn't find anything for me I had an error that said I wasn't allowed to run Sfc /scannow. I managed to get into safe mode & save all my important stuff to an external hard drive then factory reset my computer. I don't have the patience for these windows 10 errors.

DevonGroves, Mar 4, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    That's a good temp fix, yes. Not sure what the problem is; some people can't get this update to install at all.

Yeah, sometimes it gets a bit frustrating. *Sad

simrick, Mar 4, 2016
  10. mrki13 Win User
    Hi,
    My PC automatically downloaded and installed this update... After a few days of putting up with sudden appearance of stuttering in both audio and video playback I figured out that it must be this update since this is the only change that was made on my PC.

I booted to safe mode and uninstalled the update, while restarting my PC is stuck at circling dots before the login screen for over an hour, is this normal? How long should it take to uninstall this update?

Thanks

mrki13, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stuck at log in screen. No accounts.

1. Stuck at log in screen. No accounts. - Similar Threads - Stuck log screen

2. Wiped PC now stuck at log in screen with corrupted account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wiped PC now stuck at log in screen with corrupted account: My pc was getting slow so I decided to full wipe it. One of the things that were loading after the wipe was “Undoing changes” which really threw me off because I was trying to remove everything. After it undoes my changes it puts me to the log in screen instead of the window...
  3. Wiped PC now stuck at log in screen with corrupted account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiped PC now stuck at log in screen with corrupted account: My pc was getting slow so I decided to full wipe it. One of the things that were loading after the wipe was “Undoing changes” which really threw me off because I was trying to remove everything. After it undoes my changes it puts me to the log in screen instead of the window...
  4. W10 stuck on the log in screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 stuck on the log in screen: A user of the company I'm working in installed updates for windows, after restarting the person send me this What could it be? https://reddit.com/link/tqhi8q/video/eacl77jqb6q81/player submitted by /u/migi1501 [link] [comments]...
  5. Stuck at logging in to Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stuck at logging in to Microsoft account: I’m running the latest Windows on my MacBook through Bootcamp. I’ve been trying to sign into the Microsoft Store do download a Zip extractor but every time I’m stuck at logging into my my Microsoft account. After entering my password it just sits there and loads forever and...
  6. Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck: Cannot log in. Keyboard adding different characters as well. Windows Version 20h2 183479
  7. Stuck on log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on log in screen: I sat in front of my computer today only to power it on and find myself stuck in the log in screen. My mouse and key board are unresponsive only when I've reached this point. I've tried powering off the computer multiple times, I've run tests and nothing came from them. I'm...
  8. Stuck on Log In Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on Log In Screen: Using a Lenovo ThinkBook15 and keyboard is not responding on the login screen. I have also tried using an external USB keyboard to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login but nothing has been working. The login screen is also missing the button for accessibility options and the on screen...
  9. Stuck in blurry log in screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in blurry log in screen: Hey all, Running into a issue with booting my laptop- it's stuck in a loop on the blurry log in screen and won't get to the point to where I can enter a password. Startup repair and system restore do not work, and I can't reset to a clean install of windows. Even trying to...
  10. Stuck on log in on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on log in on welcome screen: I upgraded win7 to win10, but the first win10 welcome screen is stalling after putting my password in. The cpu isn't doing much. Just a arrow cursor that moves with the mouse on the welcome screen. I have waited about 2 hrs. I pressed delete two times and the welcome screen...