Windows 10: stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

Discus and support stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, im attempting to upgrade my zbook 15u g2 from windows 7 pro to windows 10 using the media creation tool, and ive disabled antivirus and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anthonyhor, Mar 7, 2018.

1. stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

Hi guys, im attempting to upgrade my zbook 15u g2 from windows 7 pro to windows 10 using the media creation tool, and ive disabled antivirus and security essential's real time protection... but after leaving it stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" for more than 12 hours, im out of ideas... Please help!
    stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" [​IMG]

:)

anthonyhor, Mar 7, 2018

2. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install"

**this helps for the iso image from usb/dvd method of update/repairing your windows 10**

Step1:cancel the setup and make sure you running your pc offline(no internet connection)

Step2:Run task manager and end the setup app(if it doesn't close in like a minute or until your patience runs thin)

Step3:run the setup as ADMINISTRATOR(very important step)

Step4:do NOT select "install updates"

Step5: follow the wizard and everything should great!

(Should get to work in about 10 minutes maximum)

UvarlLalla, Mar 7, 2018
  3. LoganTCP Win User
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install"

Heck yea your my kinda guy I love linux and i wish i can run it but I'm a gamer. stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" :(

LoganTCP, Mar 7, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

Hi, please see the guidance in this document, especially from "The table at the Microsoft site below lists the most common upgrade and installation errors"
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Given that you are still on Win 7, have you at some point taken any steps to disable Windows update in any way?

After that- and some of this is in the above:
    First please check your disk.
    E.g. Download, install and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI.
    If ok, then from an admin command prompt run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    and post the result.
    If this fails, then try
    chkdsk c: /F
    - your PC will need to restart.

If ok, then from an admin command prompt run
    SFC /SCANNOW
    and report the summary result.

If ok, please
    a. uninstall any security software.
    b. disconnect any unnecessary peripherals.
    c. Make sure you have at least 20Gb spare space on C:
    d. Run this troubleshooter:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...troubleshooter

Download the Win 10 1709 iso
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Tutorials
    (this will save you repeatedly downloading it so you can reattempt the upgrade more easily).

Reattempt the upgrade, without accepting updates.

If this fails, please post a screenshot of your partitions on all disks using
    Minitool Partition Wizard (free) (not Disk Management)
    making sure all text is visible.

Finally if still in difficulty, please use this tool to post a set of logs and info on your system as a zip file:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Mar 7, 2018
  5. anthonyhor, Mar 7, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, just to check- did you use the troubleshooter for Win 7 (not Win 10) from that page?

Bear in mind that's a Win 7 issue, so best taken up on sevenforums...

Make sure your Win 7 is capable of handling Windows updates normally.

It is however possible that if you were to try the upgrade manually (download the iso, mount that and run setup.exe) that that would work.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

1. stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" - Similar Threads - stuck making sure

2. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade": Today my Windows store just stopped working and multiple things just started breaking.I made a post already about this and the person helping told me to do an "inplace upgrade" with the Windows 11 ISO file.I activated it and it's taking forever to work, I've tried it about 6...
  3. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade": Today my Windows store just stopped working and multiple things just started breaking.I made a post already about this and the person helping told me to do an "inplace upgrade" with the Windows 11 ISO file.I activated it and it's taking forever to work, I've tried it about 6...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install: Windows 11 update keeps failing. I am trying the upgrade assistant. Goes through everything and when checking for updates, fails. Now it's at Making sure you're ready to install and it fails....
  5. Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?: Can anyone help me? I'm trying to install windows 11 and when it gets to to the part "Making sure you're ready to install" it closes immediately. what should I do? I tried running the setup again but it's still like this....
  6. Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?

Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?: Can anyone help me? I'm trying to install windows 11 and when it gets to to the part "Making sure you're ready to install" it closes immediately. what should I do? I tried running the setup again but it's still like this....
  7. Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install": Hello. I have Windows 10 Education 22H2 installed and I downloaded the Windows 11 Installation assistant to install Windows 11. My PC is compatible with Windows 11.The setup has been stuck at the "Making sure you're ready to install" part for over 30 minutes. I cannot go back...
  8. Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install"

Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install": Hello. I have Windows 10 Education 22H2 installed and I downloaded the Windows 11 Installation assistant to install Windows 11. My PC is compatible with Windows 11.The setup has been stuck at the "Making sure you're ready to install" part for over 30 minutes. I cannot go back...
  9. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install": After I could not install update KB 4535680-it gave error 0x800f0922 Windows 1909 x64 an adviser sent the Media Creation Tool 21H1.exe which I downloaded and installed, by which time the adviser had ended the chat. Anyhow I ran it but now got stuck on "Making sure you are...
  10. "Making Sure You're ready to Install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Making Sure You're ready to Install": Hi All, I have been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 Pro for days. It has been stuck at "Making Sure You're ready to Install" for hours (Let it run overnight). I want to upgrade rather than clean install. I have tried this latest time with no internet connection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. making sure you are ready to install

2. making sure youre ready to install stuck

3. making sure youre ready to install windows 10

4. making sure youre ready to install,
  5. stuck at making sure youre ready to install,
  6. windows 10 making sure you ready to install,
  7. windows 10 check that you are ready to install,
  8. windows 10 “making sure youre ready to install”,
  9. making sure your ready to install taking forever,
  10. media creation tool stuck on making sure you;re ready to install,
  11. making sure youre ready to instal,