Windows 10: Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins

Discus and support Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It's so weird before it was rare (stuck at splash screen glitch) i did the upgrade from win 7 to 10 and my system had random skips and black screens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DonnyJ, Apr 12, 2016.

1. DonnyJ Win User

Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins

It's so weird before it was rare (stuck at splash screen glitch) i did the upgrade from win 7 to 10 and my system had random skips and black screens. Then my 120 ssd died but not before i could clone it and it did the same on the new ssd. So i tried a clean install and cured all my problems all but 1, on cold boots i get to the windows splash screen before login and the little circle made of dots barely moves and takes about 5 minutes to get to the password screen. Once i get the login screen its fast as heck and all is well but wth is up with the splash screen? Before it was rare though like one out of ten boots would do that now fresh install every boot is crazy slow.

:)

DonnyJ, Apr 12, 2016
  2. Jesrael Bor, Apr 12, 2016
  3. MandyShaw Win User
    Lumia 800 stuck at splash screen

If they can't resolve it locally, they'll need to return it to their service centre to get the OS reloaded, I would think. I would go back and insist. The service you've received so far seems to me to be pathetic.

MandyShaw, Apr 12, 2016
Thema:

Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins

1. Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins - Similar Threads - Stuck splash screen

2. Forza Horizon 5 - Can't Get Past Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 5 - Can't Get Past Splash Screen: So I am apparently one of the like, 5 people who are also having this issue. Launch the game, splash screen pops up, 5 seconds later it says "Something went wrong launching your game" and shuts down. Event Viewer shows a fairly generic fault code. This is a fresh install of...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 - Can't Get Past Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 - Can't Get Past Splash Screen: So I am apparently one of the like, 5 people who are also having this issue. Launch the game, splash screen pops up, 5 seconds later it says "Something went wrong launching your game" and shuts down. Event Viewer shows a fairly generic fault code. This is a fresh install of...
  4. PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!: I have a HP 8300 running Windows 10 (with 16 GB RAM) on which I replaced the HDD with a SSD recently. However, on bootup, the HP splash screen stays on the screen for 32 seconds after which the rest of the actions go much faster than my previous HDD. Any suggestions? 173150
  5. October 2nd Sudoku Stuck on Splash Screen

October 2nd Sudoku Stuck on Splash Screen: On October 2nd Microsoft Sudoku starts and goes to a splash screen. Will not open completely to the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled did nothing. Did the WSreset as admin and that process of troubleshooting windows store app and nothing changed. When uninstalling and...
  6. Windows Store Stuck on Blue Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store Stuck on Blue Splash Screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HumDar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igovpz/windows_store_stuck_on_blue_splash_screen/
  7. Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen: I’m trying to update a family friends old computer from windows xp to windows 10 through a flash drive. The computer has 1 gb of ram and meets all other minimum requirements but when I boot from the flash drive it just shows the windows logo with no loading circle and nothing...
  8. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324
  9. Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup: I have updated my laptops and desktops to Windows 10 recently, coming from Windows 7. On startup, and sometimes amidst usage, Skype for business starts itself and then hangs at the splash screen; thus I cannot disable it from starting automatically. How can I fully remove...
  10. HELP : windows 10 stuck on the splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP : windows 10 stuck on the splash screen: OK, I recently 'upgraded' my windows 7 to windows 10. It was working fine since Christmas, then today it just freezes on the windows 10 splash screen, which as I'm sure you can guess is incredibly annoying, any help would be awesome, thanks in advance 35508