Windows 10: Stuck Checking For Updates

Discus and support Stuck Checking For Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, I reinstalled my factory W7 Home Premium x64 on a new ssd before upgrading to 10. Once I got up and going, fully activated windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HiddenTalent, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Stuck Checking For Updates

Hi All,

I reinstalled my factory W7 Home Premium x64 on a new ssd before upgrading to 10.

Once I got up and going, fully activated windows 7.

Both W7 (updates) and W10 installer get stuck "checking for updates".

Neither W7 or W10 will get any updates.

Any thoughts?

:)

HiddenTalent, Feb 13, 2016
  2. G.Ilex Win User

stuck in checking for updates

And how did you do that the first time.

As far I can see and read all over the internet the W121 is just not supported by Microsoft for getting a Windows 10 mobile build. See also the official lists I posted

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you use a registry trick to update? If you did you are doing what here at the community is considered illegal and we will not and can't help you.

G.Ilex, Feb 13, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    stuck in checking for updates

The phone is not supported for running windows 10 mobile.

Phones and devices that can upgrade to Windows 10

Lumia Icon, 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435, BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q, MCJ Madosma Q501

and
    supported phones in the insider program

The Micromax will never get a windows 10 mobile upgrade.

You were running an older insider build on that phone a older TH2 build (10586) but that is no longer available for your phone.

G.Ilex, Feb 13, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

Stuck Checking For Updates

Welcome to Tenforums HiddenTalent.

Win7 is checking for updates and W10 installer is checking for updates? That doesn't sound possible, if Win7 is installed and activated you can upgrade to W10, it should install/upgrade via windows update, or with USB/cd upgrade install. Win7 would no longer be running, or available to run.

You don't have to check the "check for updates" box when W10 is installing. I waited until it was installed, then W10 checked for updates, sometimes W10 takes much longer than it feels like it should take, be patient.

Try one thing at a time, you can't check for updates on Win7 and install/upgrade to W10 at the same time if you're using the Win7 install as a qualifying OS for upgrade to W10.

CmmTch, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Did you restart your computer again?

rickchristine, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stuck Checking For Updates

1. Stuck Checking For Updates - Similar Threads - Stuck Checking Updates

2. window 11 update is stuck on checking for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 update is stuck on checking for updates: Windows Update has been stuck for days checking for updates. How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-update-is-stuck-on-checking-for-updates/4b08b6f8-bfa7-401e-9e2f-549a65eb89de
  3. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  4. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  5. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Update getting stuck on Checking for Updates

Windows Update getting stuck on Checking for Updates: Hello Everyone! I am an user of Dell Inspiron 3583. Recently, I did a reset using dell OS recovery tool. But, since then, the Windows Update Page is getting stuck on Checking for updates. I contacted Microsoft Support, and they suggested me to do Clean Install by using...
  7. stuck on checking for update

stuck on checking for update: i am updating windows 7 to windows 10, i purchased and downloaded windows 10 setup tool. it is stuck in checking for updates, has been stuck all night, what can t do?...
  8. Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates

Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates: Windows Update has been stuck for 2 days. It keeps refreshing forever and shows nothing. I tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and it's been "Checking for pending restart" forever. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates

Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates: Windows Update never finishes Checking for Updates. Does not show any message, just keeps on checking. Also Microsoft Store does not show updates for the installed apps and does not show installed app list. Reinstalling Windows is not an option. Please...
  10. stuck in checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stuck in checking for updates: I had to take my desk top back to factory specs, win 7. Went to win 10 upgrade page and ran update. Started down load then computer went to check for updates. It appears as if it is stuck there. Has been checking for updates 2 hours now. Am going to bed and letting it run....