Windows 10: Stuck during installation of Creators Update

Discus and support Stuck during installation of Creators Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer wanted to install the Creators Update so I started the process. It started updating but the computer got stuck. The screen is now mainly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JKAVS, Aug 4, 2017.

1. JKAVS Win User

Stuck during installation of Creators Update

My computer wanted to install the Creators Update so I started the process.
    It started updating but the computer got stuck. The screen is now mainly black with one stationary white dot at the bottom. I think it's one of the spinning dots but the computer got stuck before the other dots appeared. On the top of the screen I can see very dark Windows logo.

Seems that there should've been Windows logo fading in from black with dots spinning at the bottom but the computer got stuck right at the beginning.

This has lasted for an hour now. What should I do?

:)

JKAVS, Aug 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Update Out-Of-the-Box Experience (OOBE)

I feel excited about the Creators Update.

What happens if Creators Update is installed? Will the computer get stuck during OOBE if Cortana is not yet available to my country?

Settings > Region & language > Country or region

Current setting: Philippines

Will I require to change the region setting to "United States" (where the Cortana is available) to prevent the computer from getting stuck during OOBE?

Please help me.

John Miguel Macaranas, Aug 4, 2017
  3. Creators Update Wont Install

my build number is 14393.1198, running windows 10 home version 1607, I upgraded to windows 10 last year during the free upgrade period. I had a notification the creators update is available and asked me about the privacy settings changes and I accepted
    those and the update downloaded , but when I am trying to install the update its not installing its stuck at configuring the update at 35% , because of this update I have several other updates in line which are not installing I am not interested in the creators update, please
    tell me how to make it skip configuring the creators update.

shubhambattoo, Aug 4, 2017
  4. Stuck during installation of Creators Update

Hi JKAVS

While not desirable the only thing you can do is power down. Then power on. Hopefully it boots normally. If not you are going to have to enter the Advance Startup Options and "Go Back to a previous build". You will see panel in this tutorial with Red arrow.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

The only problem with this is that it will once again want to install the Update. It maybe successful the second time. although I do not have high confidence in this. I would head to Gigabyte and see what they have posted. Maybe they have a fix, like a BIOS.

I'm not telling you to update your BIOS, I am saying go to Gigabyte and see.

Have you backed up your data safely off machine? This should be a priority.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2017
  5. JKAVS Win User
    I tried restarting. This time I got black screen with dots spinning at the bottom forever. Same result after several attempts.
    Then I returned to previous build and the computer works again.

I checked Gigabyte and found nothing less than two years old for my motherboard.
    What should I do next? Could doing a repair install with latest build work?

JKAVS, Aug 5, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Aug 11, 2017
  7. Sorry for the additional post.

What BIOS version are you currently using?

Could you also specify which Rev of the board you have? Looks like there is three, V1.0, v1.1, v1.2

Thanks

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stuck during installation of Creators Update

1. Stuck during installation of Creators Update - Similar Threads - Stuck during installation

2. Windows SDK stucks on "Update settings" during install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows SDK stucks on "Update settings" during install: I'm running the winsdksetup.exe installation with admin privileges. MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab doesn't help. I enabled PowerShell script execution....
  3. Windows SDK stucks on "Update settings" during install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SDK stucks on "Update settings" during install: I'm running the winsdksetup.exe installation with admin privileges. MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab doesn't help. I enabled PowerShell script execution....
  4. Windows SDK stucks on "Update settings" during install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update stucks during restarting

Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  6. windows stuck during restart and installing updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck during restart and installing updates: i have compaq 621 laptop, i have no issue with windows 7 and windows 8. but in windows 8.1 and windows 10, it stucks during restart and also while installing updates. i have tried that if i disable fast startup , the same problem occurs during shutdown also means that i am...
  7. Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation

Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation: It all began with the Fall Creator Update after a clean Reinstall of Windows 10. Downloading works fine, but when I'm going to restart Windows to update, it works until 33%, then it crashes, after cold restart it continues until 54% and after another restart it continues...
  8. creators update failed to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creators update failed to install: all the waiting and delaying, and just today decided to go ahead with update. now it failed to install. why didn't it go through hmm [img] 92770
  9. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  10. what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update

what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update: Good Day All I have been reading (here in other threads) that in the process of updating/grading that windows essentials will be removed and in so doing windows movie maker as well, is this true? and what else will be removed. I have finally got some sort of handle on...