Windows 10: Stuck in blue boot options loop

Discus and support Stuck in blue boot options loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turned on my laptop it seemingly went through the normal boot process before loading the light blue boot options screen, where I had the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Acebees, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Acebees Win User

Stuck in blue boot options loop

When I turned on my laptop it seemingly went through the normal boot process before loading the light blue boot options screen, where I had the option to restore or reset the computer or continue to windows 10. I initially assumed I had accidentally pressed some button to bring up this screen (as I have previously when this PC has refused to boot correctly) but after briefly showing me the windows logo and 'Please Wait' I was presented with this blue options screen again.

I have tried continuing to Win10 multiple times, have turned the PC off and on again, allowed the battery to drain before trying again etc. I attempted to refresh the PC but unfortunately the profile I was last logged in as is not an administrator and therefore the folders containing the OS are locked. I know the administration password if there is any way to enter that?

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas? Thanks for your time and help.

:)

Acebees, Oct 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade stuck shutting down

When i tried restarting my machine it then tried to boot up which immediately displayed a blue screen of death followed trying to reboot again so stuck in a constant loop. This was a pain as booting into safe mode or resetting my pc was also not working
    due to this fault. This all occured from the upgrade option of windows 10

AlastairEdwards, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Restart blue screen loop, FAT_FILE_SYSTEM and NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Basically my laptop crashed whilst I was out of the room, and is now stuck in a loop of blue screen then automatic restart. It tries to boot normally, and gets the NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM blue screen, then tries to boot with some automatic repair mode, where
    I get the FAT_FILE_SYSTEM blue screen. Any idea what to do?

HarryYoung317, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Acebees Win User

Unfortunately I can't download the .exe file to scan my computer as I'm posting this from a phone!

Acebees, Oct 5, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Acebees,

What options do you have in the recovery?

axe0, Oct 6, 2016
  6. Acebees Win User
    Hi axe0,

After choosing the language and keyboard I have these options:
    Continue (Exit and boot to Windows 10)
    Turn off your PC
    Use a device (Use a USB, network connection, or Windows recovery DVD)
    Troubleshoot

Under Troubleshoot I have these options:
    Refresh your PC
    Reset your PC
    Advanced options

Under advanced options... you get the idea,
    System restore
    Command prompt
    UEFI firmware settings
    System image recovery
    Automatic repair

Acebees, Oct 9, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Choose automatic repair, it may say that it's unable to fix, simply reboot and choose automatic repair again, do this 3 times.
    Then run in command prompt the command 'chkdsk C: /r' (without single quotes) and wait for it to finish, this may take a long time depending on the size of your disk and the speed, when it's finished reboot and perform it again.

Try to boot after doing the above.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck in blue boot options loop - Similar Threads - Stuck blue boot

2. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  3. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  4. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  5. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  6. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck in Blue screen and boot loop

Stuck in Blue screen and boot loop: I have ran a scan for viruses using malwearebytes and it said i had some threats, i quarantined them and restarted. And now im stuck in blue screen and cant enter safe mod nor have any restore points....
  8. Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop: Hello Everyone, I have two hard drives in my Laptop. One is an SSD in whichWindows 10 OS is installed and I had installed Ubuntu in my other hard drivewhich is a HDD DDR4. I uninstalled Ubuntu completely now and restored the bootsettings to Windows 10 back through the Boot...
  9. Stuck in boot loop

Stuck in boot loop: Hi, we just bought a brand new computer a week ago and on the first day having it when we went to turn it on it wouldn’t. The lights turn on then it immediately shuts off and it does that over and over again. Doesn’t even get far enough for the screen to turn on. But when we...
  10. Stuck in boot loop, no options work

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop, no options work: My laptop recently gave out on me and nothing I do has made it work I just want to save my files and do a reinstall of windows. Things i've tried, reseting to previous update - gives me an error that its not successful and reboots back to the bios. Bootrec - tells me I have 0...