Windows 10: Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore

Discus and support Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all Yesterday morning I booted up my windows 10 machine, after login, the screen stayed black only mouse cursor was visible, after some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel Mehrwald, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore

Hi all

Yesterday morning I booted up my windows 10 machine, after login, the screen stayed black only mouse cursor was visible, after some troubleshooting i then created a new user, with the new user i was able to login and having a working desktop Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore :) I decided to enable the "Diagnostic Startup" in msconfig general tab, but after reboot my machine is stuck with spinning circle, I can`t get in to the login screen anymore Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore :(

my boot log shows a lot of stuff like this:

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED tdx.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED NetBT.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED afunix.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED AFD.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED VBoxNetLwf.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED vwififlt.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED Psched.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED NetBIOS.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED rdbss.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED VBoxUSBMon.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED VBoxDrv.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED nsiproxy.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED npsvctrig.SYS
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED mssmbios.SYS

so i guess some driver which is not loaded make problems

i read tons of posts about how to bring your system back from safeboot to normal without using msconfig because i can`t use it anymore, the command line tool used for this was BCDEDIT, I used that tool to find the "diagnostic startup" entry but it seems you just can enable/disable safeboot from there, i didn`t find anything about "diagnostic startup", so my question is, where and how can i get out of this mode when my machine isn`t booting anymore ?

I have the possibility to edit the registry from an rescue boot cd, where is that "diagnostic startup" enabled ?

I can`t use the DISM tool with online option and a safeboot doesn`t solve my problem either

please help

RG

:)

Daniel Mehrwald, Jul 9, 2018

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore

Boot problem - Stuck in Selective Startup

Please help me, I'm desperate! I followed some steps and it seems I reuined my normal booting. I did this steps: -I entered the run windows -> MSCONFIG -left click on the BOOT tab -unchecked the box next to "safe mode" --left click on GENERAL tab -from the
    features I got there I went to SELECTIVE STARTUP -unchecked the features to clear the selections -left click on the SERVICES - disable all -left click on STARTUP tab and disabled each item in the list -reboot the windows

AND I GOT STUCK... it doesn't boot normally, it appears only the background image and some features below like: languages, connections. PLEASE help me to go back to normal boot... if a still can Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore :(

I only can enter the Bios Mode... with F8

Using Windows 10

PetraEithne, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore

1. Stuck in "Diagnostic Startup" after choosing it in msconfig, sytem is not booting anymore - Similar Threads - Stuck Diagnostic Startup

2. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  3. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  4. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  5. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  6. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig: HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant...
  7. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig: HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant...
  8. Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup: Using a Shift-Restart I can get into the recovery menus and even login to the command prompt using the same password that doesn't work at GUI boot. Is there a way from the command prompt to set it to what msconfig calls a normal boot? Thanks! 179157
  9. msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails: I am trying to determine why Firefox takes 20 seconds to open. This does not happen in Safe Mode so presumably another package is causing the delay. Consequently, I wanted to start in diagnostics mode. However, as soon as I click on the button for Diagnostics startup, the...
  10. Stuck In Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck In Diagnostic Startup: I messed up my computer and need some real expert help to straighten this one out. Any assistance / suggestions would be appreciated. Details are below: MY SYSTEM: Dell E6400 Upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 Pro (so directories after c prompt show old folders and Win10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have selected normal startup in msconfig after that not bboting windows