Windows 10: Stuck in explorer crash loop

Discus and support Stuck in explorer crash loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CaptainTuna, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Stuck in explorer crash loop

Hello!

Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and restart itself a few seconds later (icons disappear, taskbar disappears, etc...).

I looked for a solution online and many people suggested installing ShellExView and disabling everything non-Microsoft and then re-enabling them one by one to find the culprit. Actually, disabling every non-Microsoft entry made things much worse for me, as explorer would go into a crash loop (crash, restart, crash, and so on...). For some reason I though updating Windows would help me fix everything, but after applying updates and restarting I noticed nothing had changed and now I'm stuck in the loop right after login (I basically cannot do anything except launch stuff through the task manager).

I'm currently in safe mode, and everything works fine here, but I have no idea how to fix the problem. I tried reverting to the previous build, it failed (generic error, don't really remember it). I tried restoring to a previous restore point, it failed. Even resetting failed. I just guess I'll have to reinstall w10 from scratch, I just wanted to know if there was something else to try out before doing that.

Sorry for the long post! (or maybe it looks long in safe mode because of the low resolution *Biggrin )

:)

CaptainTuna, Apr 10, 2017

2. Explorer.exe keeps crashing on a Windows Server 2016

It gets stuck in a loop, where explorer.exe crashes over and over causing the screen to flash over and over. The only fix I have so far is to restart the machine.

Thomas Azar, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Emily J Win User
    Computer stuck in constant loading loop after crash during reset

Hello!

My computer was crashing and freezing constantly so I decided to reset the computer and windows (I have windows 10). The process got to the reinstallation stage and was 64% through when the computer crashed, the blue screen sad face error message came up
    and the laptop restarted. It then got stuck in a loop between the asus loading screen (I have a zenbook UX305C) and the 64% loaded installation page. After about half an hour of this I turned the computer off and left it for a while, when I turned it back
    on it continued in its loop for about ten minutes before either staying or freezing on the installation page for about 30 seconds before crashing again. It restarted and it currently stuck in the same loop as before. I have no clue where to start or get the
    computer out of its loop so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Emily Stuck in explorer crash loop :)

Emily J, Apr 10, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Stuck in explorer crash loop

Try running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Try a clean boot by disabling all non-Microsoft services in services.msc and see if you can boot normally (method described here)

You could also try uninstalling some drivers (display driver especially) through device manager if any have updated any recently.

Thema:

Stuck in explorer crash loop

1. Stuck in explorer crash loop - Similar Threads - Stuck explorer crash

2. Stuck in Windows 10 Update Crash Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Windows 10 Update Crash Loop: My Windows updates have been failing for months last successful update was KB5006670 in October. Since then, every update attempt crashes my laptop... no error message... just never reboots. Shows the Lenovo start up logo, then nothing. Then I have to recover various methods...
  3. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  4. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  5. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  7. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  8. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

9. explorer crash loop

explorer crash loop: Everytime I start my computer, I get a windows explrorer crash loop, it crashes, restarts and crashes again every few seconds. It stops after about 10 minutes and then starts normally.I have tried sfc and dism. I have tried clean boot and it still happened, in safe mode it...
  10. file explorer crashing in loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crashing in loop: so my explorer.exe is just crashing in a loop i cant click on my task bar or desktop because it'll blink to black every few seconds. ive tried dism. all i can do at this point is open task manager cant access cmd or files because they just close also cant click on start...