Windows 10: Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and just realized that I was in guest mode only. I can't install anything (cmd in admin mode),... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pebrok, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Pebrok Win User

Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10

Hi everyone,
    I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and just realized that I was in guest mode only.
    I can't install anything (cmd in admin mode), downgrade to Windows 7, restore, or do anything.
    There is no Administrator account, only my local guest account, and everytime I try something, it shows me the box where I need to click on YES, but it is greyed out.
    I restarted in Safe mode, as advised, but it always asks me to login to my local account, no other choice. And then, I am back in guest account in Safe mode. I tried all cmd command tricks, but always get stuck in Error 5, which means no administrator privileges.
    So I am not even able to downgrade, for the same reasons.

Please help, this is driving me crazy!

:)

Pebrok, Aug 26, 2016
  2. jimheming Win User

Stuck in safe mode..

stuck in safe mode no admin. password also in guest login so no admin.access does not let me go anywhere that does not require login to admin.password. stuck in a continuing loop! ! ! ! ? ? ?

jimheming, Aug 26, 2016
  3. new software will only launch in guest modes

THis is an escalated problem from Windows 8 that became worse in Windows 10. In Windows 8 it seems that any NEW software inastalls only would launch in "guest mode". The programs would not launch in my normal admin mode. Never could resolve in W8 and just
    switched back and forth between guest and my admin.. was a pain but I was able to manage. With the upgrade to W10 I've lost all ability to access those programs with the removal of "guest mode". No new software installs would launch. (Particularly Garmin Virb,
    and Go Pro Edit software...

Would like any advice possible on either fixing the root cause of having to use guest mode or the access to a guest mode in W10..

Very very frustrating...

DaveLenting, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Vesao Win User

The built-in Administrator account might be hidden and you can activate it from an elevated Command Prompt. Here is a backdoor to access an elevated Command Prompt:
    Reset Windows 10 Password Without CD or USB Drive

When you're at the Command Prompt, type the following command to activate the Administrator account:
    Code: net user Administrator /active:yes[/quote] You can also add a new admin account from the Command Prompt:
    Code: net user Pebrok /add net localgroup Administrators Pebrok /add[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stuck Guest mode

2. Stuck in Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in Windows 10 S Mode: My new laptop is stuck in Windows 10 S mode. I followed steps online, restarted the laptop, completed all updates but nothing works. It has been stuck for a while now and nothing seems to resolve the issue. I keep going back to Microsoft store to switch and when I click...
  3. Guest Mode logistics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Guest Mode logistics: Ok hope I haven't typo'd this or made it ambiguous. But I'm interested in buying a Wifi device that says it can operate in one of multi-modes of 802.11b/g/n, AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater. It says in AP mode it connects via ethernet (wired). And in Repeater mode it can connect...
  4. How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]Google Chrome offers Guest mode in its browser, which is useful if you want to give someone temporary access on your computer. The advantage is that nothing is tracked, except if they sign in to some services. While Chrome Guest [...] This post How to always...
  5. WINDOWS 10 RECOVERY MODE STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 RECOVERY MODE STUCK: Hi! I am using windows 10Dell Inspiron 3467. Last night I installed some program on my laptop and the next day, my laptop suddenly hang and went blue background(not the usual blue screen of death). I used task manager to run a system recovery and until now I am stuck on...
  6. Autologon with guest account in Windows 10 LTSB Shared PC mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autologon with guest account in Windows 10 LTSB Shared PC mode: Hello, I recently discovered Shared PC mode on Windows 10, which gives me the chance to have my users login as guest, as I needed. But I can't configure an automatic logon into this account at boot, because when you choose to login without an account it creates a new...
  7. Windows 10 stuck in Ethernet Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in Ethernet Mode: My windows doesn't show any available wifi connections and doesnt show in connections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-stuck-in-ethernet-mode/8040c418-ef81-4156-be3c-1611b16ef2db
  8. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing...
  9. Recent Window Update - Guest Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recent Window Update - Guest Mode: Few days back, Windows auto updated the OS. And when it rebooted, it went into a clean desktop (as if its a new User) I thought window wiped everything, and had store an important document on this guest profile desktop. After some itune updates, and rebooted. it show my...
  10. Stuck in guest account in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in guest account in safe mode: Hi all, I was having problem with the start menu and cortana that won't show up. Based on the internet, i was told to use msconfig to reboot my pc to safemode. Apparently, after i went to safe mode, the problem seems not changing, so i repeated the steps, but this time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck in guest mode