Windows 10: Stuck in restart loop after update

Discus and support Stuck in restart loop after update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a bigger update automatically download and install today. It said Windows may need to restart several times during the update. It has been stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by White Eye, Sep 28, 2016.

1. White Eye Win User

Stuck in restart loop after update

I had a bigger update automatically download and install today. It said Windows may need to restart several times during the update. It has been stuck in a restart loop for several hours now. Laptop switches on, after about 15 seconds says restarting and the cycle repeats itself. Not able to get to login screen. When I try to boot from installation media I get the message: "Looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade click Yes. If you want to do a clean install click No. I clicked Yes as I would like to avoid doing a clean install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

White Eye, Sep 28, 2016

2. Laptop Stuck in a loop stuck in restart loop 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. '

I tried the syart 3 times method because i dont have a disk or USB, but it didnt work. Ive got a white box in the middle that says the computer restarted unexpextedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows,
    click ok to testart and restart installation im wanting to remove 10 and go back to 7, i hate this 10 ****!

Mary Lee Buis, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop Stuck in a loop stuck in restart loop 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. '

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows startup files.

I would suggest you to run startup repair and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Do one of the following, depending on whether you have installation media (such as a DVD or USB flash drive):

- If you have installation media for Windows, start your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to "Press any key to boot from DVD", do so. If you
    don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB. When you see the "Install Windows" page, click "Repair your computer" to start the
    Windows recovery environment.

- If you don’t have installation media, use the power button to restart your computer three times. This will start the
    Windows recovery environment.

b. In the Windows recovery environment, on the "Choose an option" screen, click "Troubleshoot".

c. Click "Advanced options" and then click "Startup Repair".

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You may download Windows 10 files and create a Windows 10 installation media.

Refer:

Download Windows 10

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Jessen P, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

Stuck in restart loop after update

1. Stuck in restart loop after update - Similar Threads - Stuck restart loop

2. Stuck in restart loop after updating windows os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in restart loop after updating windows os: Downloaded a windows 11 update and now my computer is stuck in a loop of restarting. It just says updates are underway and then restarting over an over again. How can I fix this?...
  3. Stuck in restart loop after updating windows os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in restart loop after updating windows os: Downloaded a windows 11 update and now my computer is stuck in a loop of restarting. It just says updates are underway and then restarting over an over again. How can I fix this?...
  4. Stuck on updating/restarting loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on updating/restarting loop: Hi,Last night my computer forced an update when I was shutting it down. It said it would take 5 minutes. It's been 12 hours now and it's stuck in a loop. It starts by booting up and displaying the Dell logo, then it says Updates are underway please keep your computer on, then...
  5. Stuck on updating/restarting loop

Stuck on updating/restarting loop: Hi,Last night my computer forced an update when I was shutting it down. It said it would take 5 minutes. It's been 12 hours now and it's stuck in a loop. It starts by booting up and displaying the Dell logo, then it says Updates are underway please keep your computer on, then...
  6. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in restart loop after restart: I restart my PC and it is stuck in a restart loop. I waited for 1 hour and a half but it won’t go into automatic repair. It just shows the start up screen with the HP logo and the loading circle as usual. But when the logo and the circle thing disappears, it reappears a few...
  7. Stuck in restart loop after restart

Stuck in restart loop after restart: I restart my PC and it is stuck in a restart loop. I waited for 1 hour and a half but it won’t go into automatic repair. It just shows the start up screen with the HP logo and the loading circle as usual. But when the logo and the circle thing disappears, it reappears a few...
  8. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Stuck In Restart Loop After Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck In Restart Loop After Reset: Hello, I am runnung Win10 and for a couple of days my PC is running bit slower, buggy and I wanted to do Reset done that couple times before. After Reset is done I ve noticed that my monitor is not turning ON. My TV is connected to PC as well so I turn TV on...
  10. PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC stuck in restart loop after latest update: After installing the latest Windows updates my PC is now stuck in a restart loop. After showing the Windows logo and the loading circle for a few seconds, it shows "restoring your previous version of Windows" for a split second, and then restarts. I've tried mashing the F8...