Windows 10: Stuck in returning to previous build loop

Discus and support Stuck in returning to previous build loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Long story short windows update forced itself through somehow and forcibly restarted my computer when auto update is off. It ruined all of my audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LarryBurkett, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Stuck in returning to previous build loop

Long story short windows update forced itself through somehow and forcibly restarted my computer when auto update is off. It ruined all of my audio settings to the point of unusable. Tried reverting to a previous build, it goes to restart and re boot and as it boots it says restoring a previous build for about half a second and the screen cuts off and reboots and has been doing this for five minutes. Please help me.

:)

LarryBurkett, Aug 20, 2018

2. Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Stuck in Returning to previous build

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What task where you performing when you receive the Black screen?

2. Where you installing any software?

3. Can you access your desktop screen?

If not, then I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you can return back to your desktop screen. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

I would also suggest that you refer to the Microsoft Article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Stuck in returning to previous build loop

Stuck in Returning to previous build

Tried the turning off and on 3 times. Got into advanced options, clicked go back to previous build, now got a blue screen saying, go back to previous build with spinning circle and restarting, but nothing is happening! Can anyone help?

Black screen of death! Can anyone help?- Original Title

Paul Armitage, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Stuck in returning to previous build loop

1. Stuck in returning to previous build loop - Similar Threads - Stuck returning previous

2. Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows": Hi, so I accidentally updated my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. So I tried to revert my laptop back to Windows 10, but now it's just stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows" screen...
  3. Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows": Hi, so I accidentally updated my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. So I tried to revert my laptop back to Windows 10, but now it's just stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows" screen...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  5. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  6. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns: Hello, this is a continuation from a previous thread. Please read it if you are unfamiliar with prior events. OneDrive links broken, see the new OneDrive link below....
  8. stuck in a loop of "restoring your previous version" and restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck in a loop of "restoring your previous version" and restarting: I can't get access to any tools to allow me to do anything to get back to a previous state. I've tried following instructions to restart from an inserted disk, or starting from command prompt, but it always reverts back to "Restoring your previous version of Windows..." and...
  9. Windows 10 Rollback to previous build stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Rollback to previous build stuck: 1. Windows 10 shoved another of its "updates" down my throat 2. The update messed up my sound system's "Stereo Mix" recording device file. 3. Because I it had been recommended BY A MICROSOFT SUPPORT TECNICIAN at a prior occurance of this exact same thing happening, I...
  10. Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop

in Windows 10 News
    Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop: [ATTACH] Many a time when Windows 10 Update fails, it tries to restore it to the previous version of Windows to give you back a working Windows 10 PC. While most of the time it works, sadly if it is either [...] This post Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or...