Windows 10: Stuck in slow lane

Discus and support Stuck in slow lane in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I go to Windows Update and click on 'Advanced Options' it shows that I am in the 'Slow' lane. I can change this to 'Fast', but if I leave this page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by machare, May 30, 2015.

1. machare Win User

Stuck in slow lane

If I go to Windows Update and click on 'Advanced Options' it shows that I am in the 'Slow' lane. I can change this to 'Fast', but if I leave this page and then return it just show 'Slow' again. I don't get build 10130

There is a line in red at the top which reads 'Some settings are managed by your organization.' Who ever that might be for a home computer!

:)

machare, May 30, 2015

2. Ovi map lane assistance

Hi,

Does anyone here feel the lane assistance in ovi map (3.04) is too slow. I found out that the lane assist figure will only show up when I am very close to the junction. By very close I mean, I am already at the traffic light or beyond the junction which
    kind of defeat the whole purpose of lane assistance. Is there any setting I can change to have it shown earlier?

Thanks.

dancouga---01, May 30, 2015
  3. anbaram Win User
    Error 0x8020002b when downloading KB3081424 on Windows 10 laptop

Only this particular KB was stuck at 45%. The rest of the updates take place automatically. It was like a stranded broke down car on the center lane, while the traffic snakes around. Now the automatic updates works fine

anbaram, May 30, 2015
  4. DKW
    DKW Win User

Stuck in slow lane

There's two ways that you can install the build.
    1. As an individual.
    2. As a business or organization.

If you selected 2., then that may be the reason for your message.

5. machare Win User
    That could well be the answer. Any idea how I could check and change back?

machare, Jun 1, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    the question is put up so retarded way in the installation, you actually need to answer that 5-6 words long question with the buttons instead of reading that 200 words separate story below the question itself. it was weirdo, had to read it like 8 times to understand it and the button was really weirdly named :E

batlhilz, Jun 1, 2015
  7. Malaar Win User
    I have same problem, I can't no more set it to Fast Ring. Each time it goes back to Slow. This issue appeared since have updated to 10122 build. Nothing seems to be corrupted (sfc /scannow returned no errors) and my Registry Keys seems ok as well.

Malaar, Jun 1, 2015
  8. Stuck in slow lane

Try logging in to your MS account and then attempt the change to Fast Ring.

You might also try launching an elevated command prompt (Admin) and enter the following commands

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /SCANNOW

exit
    When that finishes ... it takes a while .. try the Fast ring thing

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2015
  9. machare Win User
    Thank you, I tried that but without logging into my MS account, as I do not normally do that. No success!

I have the problem on both my laptop and my desktop computers. I managed to download an iso of build 10130 and use this to update build 10122 on my desktop. The problem has remained. On my laptop, I used the iso to update a copy of Windows 8.1, and I can now set that to the fast lane.

machare, Jun 1, 2015
  10. Where are you getting a 10130 ISO?

10.0.074 is the official ISO from MS - Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows
    You would then have to update through WU to get to 10.0.130 (yeah .. I know... you have to be able to set the ring to Fast, but hopefully the official ISO install would allow you to do that.) Using another downloaded ISO might be part of the problem.

Anyway ... What did you try. I saw where you mentioned SFC in a post. Was it the Dism command?
    If you created install media for 10.0.122 you can try running Dism specifying that as the source
    If you downloaded a 10.0.122 ISO - I wouldn't trust it, but if you created an ISO from the ESD update, that should be fine.
    Help me out here - where is the install media coming from ... an unknown download or one you created.

The command is:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIMStuck in slow lane :D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

D: is the drive letter that has the install media (DVD drive, USB thumb drive, or mounted ISO)
    Your drive letter might be different

Glad to hear your laptop can be set to Fast now ... I still don't trust an ISO from sources other than MS *Wink

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2015
  11. Malaar Win User
    I tried those commands, logged on with my MS account but I'm still on Slow Ring. I've seen 10130 update in the update list once. I launched all the updates, had some errors and when I wanted to launch it again 10130 build disappeared from the list...

Malaar, Jun 2, 2015
  12. I see, thanks for the update.

I'm in the dark here - what were the errors?

Try this shot in the dark - run check disk on your Windows drive. Then, the only thing I can think of to try is a refresh
    Settings > Update and Recovery > Refresh
    See: Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

DISM should have done that unless there's something drastically wrong with your install.

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2015
  13. Malaar Win User

Stuck in slow lane

The errors were "common" errors, not a big deal. I usually launch it again and everything goes fine.

I've checked my disk and everything is ok.

The only thing I did that was different from each build upgrade was to use the 3 Dism command to check and clean the install. Since, I'm stuck in 10122 but I don't think it's related.

I'll try the refresh and post the result when done.

Malaar, Jun 2, 2015
  14. Malaar Win User
    Thanks for your help Slartybart! I've refreshed the OS and the problem is gone. I can set Fast Ring and doesn't go back to Slow Ring! \o/ I see all the updates included 10130 build. That's sweet! But, there's always a but, now my WiFi card goes crazy, it keeps connecting / disconnecting from network... I thought my WiFi button was broken but when I update my driver it stays up till the install is finished then it alternates on/off continually... *Sad

I hope 10130 will solve it.

Malaar, Jun 2, 2015
  15. machare Win User
    As with so many problems these days, Google came to my rescue. Unfortunately it was the only option apart from going back to a much earlier release.

It is certainly a pity that MS don't make the ISO available, it would helped people in my sistuation. The problem arose using regular MS downloads.

Thank you for the command. It has not fixed the problem which is probably caused by a valid setting which is just not what I want.

machare, Jun 2, 2015
Thema:

Stuck in slow lane

1. Stuck in slow lane - Similar Threads - Stuck slow lane

2. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting: Hello, I received a new cumulative Windows 10 update and I wanted to install it. I downloaded it fine, but it's stuck at Installing 20% and won't progress. My internet connection works fine. But my laptop performs slowly and laggy when trying to let the update install in the...
  3. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting: Hello, I received a new cumulative Windows 10 update and I wanted to install it. I downloaded it fine, but it's stuck at Installing 20% and won't progress. My internet connection works fine. But my laptop performs slowly and laggy when trying to let the update install in the...
  4. Computer stuck installing updates and is slow and stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft adds Fast Lane option to Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds Fast Lane option to Windows Update: Microsoft released the latest preview update for Windows 11 version 22H2 a moment ago. These preview updates include the majority of non-security updates of the upcoming month's cumulative update early. Microsoft does this to get early feedback on the fixes. Windows system...
  6. windows 7 slow and stucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 slow and stucks: HelloWindows 7 became very slow and Stucks ,and messages always pops up, here is the screens shoots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-slow-and-stucks/f2ff0319-2665-463e-86ac-efed78daed3b
  7. windows 7 slow and stucks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 slow and stucks: HelloWindows 7 became very slow and Stucks ,and messages always pops up, here is the screens shoots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-slow-and-stucks/f2ff0319-2665-463e-86ac-efed78daed3b
  8. Changing to Windows Insider slow lane

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing to Windows Insider slow lane: I have had frequent problems with fast lane builds so that with my present 18282, I have switched to the slow lane. Now at startup, I get the following message, "this build of Windows will expire soon". "Your build of Windows will expire on 14/12/2018 You should move to a...
  9. Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi PCIE lanes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi PCIE lanes: Hi guys! A quick question. I have a Z370 Gaming Wifi motherboard and I have 2 SSDs, 3 HDDs and an Optane drive installed. I'm planning to purchase a NVME drive to place on the 2nd M.2 slot (bottom slot) but I would like to clarify if it will read the NVME with no problem....
  10. Gateway Device Fast Lane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gateway Device Fast Lane: After updating Windows 10 I cant locate Gateway Device Fast Lane. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/gateway-device-fast-lane/a81a79e6-9907-400e-9568-2c622d31b424