Windows 10: Stuck on 10240, upgrade fails at 32%, did everything written here

Discus and support Stuck on 10240, upgrade fails at 32%, did everything written here in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Guys, Would you please give me a hand in this one. I use Windows 10 32-bit, build 10240, which came after I upgraded from Windows 7, having no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dzigibau, Dec 16, 2015.

1. dzigibau Win User

Stuck on 10240, upgrade fails at 32%, did everything written here

Guys,

Would you please give me a hand in this one. I use Windows 10 32-bit, build 10240, which came after I upgraded from Windows 7, having no problems at all, keeping my apps and files.

Now, I had option in WU to update to 1511 10586 recently, couple of weeks ago, it failed at 32% and 6% on Installing drivers. Then, I downloaded MCT and made and DVD with the installation and repeated everything. It failed again at same point. I read about problems with SD Card, I have none of it. Then I checked files setupact and setaperr, where I found that my Gamepad has error, I pulled USB Dongle out of computer. Another error was WLAN, but I do not have it, only cable modem router, connected directly to computer by cable.

I use PS2 mouse, there is no USB Peripherals connected and desperately want to upgrade do 10586 build. Everytime it failed at 32% point, and restored my previous version.

Could you help please.

:)

dzigibau, Dec 16, 2015

2. sequence for windows 10 updates

I doubt if anyone in these forums can confidently predict exact what Microsoft will do to resolve on-going problems with Windows 10. Currently Microsoft have two RTM Builds to service being 10240 and 10586. The upgrade from 10240 to 10586 has obviously proved
    far more problematic than they anticipated. All we can do is wait and see.

As I wasn't too confident of going though all the steps suggested by you,

The steps I suggested are relatively simple to do if you follow the instructions exactly as they are written. Few fail when they really try. If you get stuck at any point I am here to help..

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Still unable to get November update

Here it is February 2016 and the November update has never showed its face in Windows update. I am running Windows 10 Pro build 10240 on an HP HPE-515T. Core i5 processors, 6Gb RAM, stripped 1Tb hard drives.

I tried forcing with the Media Creation tool. My system started the upgrade but failed and automatically returned me to the previous build with no error message telling what went wrong.

So I am stuck at 10240 with no upgrade path in sight.

RogerMannon, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

Stuck on 10240, upgrade fails at 32%, did everything written here

1. Stuck on 10240, upgrade fails at 32%, did everything written here - Similar Threads - Stuck 10240 upgrade

2. Stuck on Windows 10 Pro 32 build 10240 FOREVER! ALL attempts to upgrade end with upgrade...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Windows 10 Pro 32 build 10240 FOREVER! ALL attempts to upgrade end with upgrade...: I’ve can honestly say i will be VERY surprised if this problem can actually be solved without a patch of some kind from what all I’ve read - & it’s A LOT - spent the last week or so battling it out with an old laptop & gettin it to run Windows 10 pro 32 bit which it does very...
  3. everything is written blurry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    everything is written blurry: hi i shut my laptop down then i boot it up again now everything is blurry as shown in the pic and has it something to do with like i left it laying upside down? just check the video titles[ATTACH]...
  4. Downloads are failing to be written?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloads are failing to be written?: Attempts to download software applications are failing to complete. Using Lenovo desktop with Windows 10. Previously, no problem with downloads. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-are-failing-to-be-written/21da840a-8a98-47d2-910c-78543ee49a24
  5. Windows Upgrade Stuck at 32%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade Stuck at 32%: Hey, i really need help, I have done the update once, waited around 2/3 hours. i then reset my pc. i then did the update again, waited at least 5 hours. still stuck at 32% if there is a fix for this, i will do anything. i have a brother who did this update. My laptop is a...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade stuck on spinning dots, did everything

Windows 10 upgrade stuck on spinning dots, did everything: I have just upgraded my Lenovo Flex 2 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with the ISO MS had provided in their site. Things were going smoothly until after reaching 75%, the laptop rebooted and voila, an empty black screen was in front of me. After 1 hour of waiting for something...
  7. Stuck in 10240

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in 10240: Hi I'm new here and to win 10 so hoping to learn a lot from this group! My one installation seems to be stuck in build 10240. I am not part of insider preview. The build I have was upgraded from win8.1 (upgrade install) and dates back to July/August. Although I am set...
  8. Upgrade to TH 10240

Upgrade to TH 10240: I have upgraded 4 computers to windows 10, Three of them to 10240 successfully. My Lenovo Laptop however keeps rolling back to build 10166. I noticed that I was getting an indication of safe mode during the laptop upgrade but it seemed to be upgrading ok until about 19...
  9. Upgrade to build 10586 fails at 32%

Upgrade to build 10586 fails at 32%: I am trying to upgrade from windows 10 free upgrade to build 10586 (x64 pro) and it stalls at the same point whether the upgrade is from windows update or an ISO file on dvd. I select the first option to keep existing files and apps. But it stalls at 32% . Installing features...
  10. Testing 10240 Upgrader: 10166 to 10240 Activated

Testing 10240 Upgrader: 10166 to 10240 Activated: When backward and made a clean install of the 10166 release directly in the bootup sequence (Legacy: no BIOS setup). Took less then 15 minutes and got no error to report. Made the settings off-line: Internet disconnect. Set default apps with Windows Update switch set to off....