Windows 10: Stuck on Auto repair loop

Discus and support Stuck on Auto repair loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve had my laptop for about 6 or 7 years. A Dell Inspiron 3520, It worked perfecly fine, has never given me a problem until last September(2017) I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephanieTorres7, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Stuck on Auto repair loop

I’ve had my laptop for about 6 or 7 years. A Dell Inspiron 3520, It worked perfecly fine, has never given me a problem until last September(2017) I was about to shut it down and it asked me for a system update, I clicked cancel and turned it off so i would do it the next day. Well aparently it did it anyway and now my computer won’t “work”. It stayd at the windows logo and sayd it was going to finish updating but as soon as it started i got a message saying there was an error with the update and that the computer will automaticlly restar. It turned into a loop. I did a little research and now it’s not on the loop anymore BUT it’s on auto repair loop. It starts up and goes to auto repair. I have NO IDEA how to fix this i’ve tried everything on the community regarding the problem yet nothing works. Not even a full reset works but when I try a Startup repair it says that startup repair couldn’t fix it and gives me a log file name which is C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\Srttrail.txt But I have no clue what that means

I really need to fix it bcoz I have important university stuff in it and other personal things like my 15añera pictures!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

:)

StephanieTorres7, Aug 26, 2018

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 27, 2018
  3. stuck in the auto repair loop in windows 10

I recently updated to windows 10. when I turn on the computer I get the windows screen with trying to auto repair then it comes back and says can not repair pc. restart computer. I am stuck in this loop. Help.

kim plaziak, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Stuck on Auto repair loop

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Stuck on Auto repair loop

1. Stuck on Auto repair loop - Similar Threads - Stuck Auto repair

2. Stuck In Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck In Auto repair loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  3. Stuck In Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck In Auto repair loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  4. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  5. Stuck In Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: I just purchased my laptop. It came with windows 10 on it. I upgraded it to windows 11 and it made it so I could not connect to wifi any longer so I got a call from Microsft support and the guy was trying to help me get my windows 11 downgraded to windows 10. Now my entire...
  7. Stuck in the auto repair loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in the auto repair loop.: My PC failed to run an application. So I rebooted the PC and when I logged in the screen started to flicker so I waited 10 minutes and then turned off the PC. On restarting the PC, it got stuck in an automatic repair cycle.I tried startup repair did not workI tried Chkdsk...
  8. Stuck in the auto repair loop.

Stuck in the auto repair loop.: My PC failed to run an application. So I rebooted the PC and when I logged in the screen started to flicker so I waited 10 minutes and then turned off the PC. On restarting the PC, it got stuck in an automatic repair cycle.I tried startup repair did not workI tried Chkdsk...
  9. Stuck in the auto repair loop.

10. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: Man, I need help with this one. I was playing a game when the system unexpectedly froze, and rebooted. It got stuck half way through the reboot process, so I hit the Reset switch on the front panel. It got stuck half way through the reboot process again, so I held the...