Windows 10: Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load

Discus and support Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started getting a black screen when trying to turn on my laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. I am unable to download the DM log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nvyshrmp, Jan 6, 2016.

1. nvyshrmp Win User

Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load

Hello, I recently started getting a black screen when trying to turn on my laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. I am unable to download the DM log collector tool since I cannot use my computer at all. It stays on the black screen even if I let it sit for hours. It's possible that I backed up a Windows 10 file when originally upgrading from WIN7 but I'm not sure and if so, it would be on an external hard drive. What can I do? Please help. Thank you so much.

Mike
    US Navy

:)

nvyshrmp, Jan 6, 2016

2. How long does it take for new update to work on at the restart screen?

I previously encountered a black screen with a large cursor. Now I'm stuck on 35. If I skip it, is it use for me to press the button on my laptop to start Windows normally? Will I encounter any error message if I skip?

BlueMonday1988, Jan 6, 2016
  3. libradad Win User
    Windows 10 Black screen of Death?

I have had same problem on my ASUS laptop. Went through all the down load and install steps. No problems or error codes, got the first couple of 'Welcome to screens" Then the windows logo, then black screen with only back light. My cursor arrow is there
    and moves. I also did the whole unplug, remove battery thing. Turned it back on, got the ASUS logo, the Windows logo and then the black screen

libradad, Jan 6, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  5. nvyshrmp Win User
    Thanks so much for the crazy fast reply - but how I am supposed to be able to download the file or run it on the computer that won't allow me to boot it?

nvyshrmp, Jan 6, 2016
  6. D3LL Win User
    My apologises, What happens when you press F10 after the BIOS Flash Screen? Are you able to get into the Windows 10 menu.

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  7. nvyshrmp Win User
    Hmmm. Holding f10 while turning it on allowed vaio rescue to begin, which is progress, but it froze on the 'select rescue type' screen. I plugged in my external HD to save data to it and selected 'easy rescue' but it's not responding to my pressing tab, the cursor won't move etc.

nvyshrmp, Jan 6, 2016
  8. nvyshrmp Win User

Update. Holding F10 during boot up started the Vaio recovery wizard. I let it sit for quite some time (a couple hours) and it recognized the external hard drive I had connected which I believed contained the backup files I need. At first it was asking for me to install the drivers to the external HDD and I was able to browse the contents of the external HDD. It did not allow me to hit "next" because it appeared to be in need of a driver for the external HDD. I browsed a few of the partitions and at some point I was able to hit 'next' and begin the recovery.

It took a while but finally it began to do the system repair and warned me that several restarts would happen. Before it restarted even once, an error screen told me that the process encountered an issue and had to stop. Then I got the 'recovery choice' page again. I clicked on 'easy' and it started up the process again, but for many, many hours now it has had a status bar saying 'discovering data'. It seems to be stuck in a cycle, unless there is just THAT much data for it to discover that it needs to discover it for 12 hours.

nvyshrmp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Windows Stuck on Black screen with Blue Loading Cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Stuck on Black screen with Blue Loading Cursor after Startup: My PC was fine before installing the most recent windows updates and Nvidia driver updates. Now at startup, will see the white dots spinning to load and after it presents a black screen. If I try to move my mouse cursor it moves, and displays, but shows as a spinning blue...
  3. Windows Stuck on Black screen with Blue Loading Cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Stuck on Black screen with Blue Loading Cursor after Startup: My PC was fine before installing the most recent windows updates and Nvidia driver updates. Now at startup, will see the white dots spinning to load and after it presents a black screen. If I try to move my mouse cursor it moves, and displays, but shows as a spinning blue...
  4. Windows Stuck on Black screen with Blue Loading Cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen with loading cursor frozen

Black screen with loading cursor frozen: Hi I was trying to make a game on roblox studio but all suddenly I got a Microsoft alert and it turned into a black screen with a blue loading cursor I tried my best to turn it off and looked up a bunch of ways on YouTube but still nothing is working it ended up turning off...
  6. Screen goes black but I see cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black but I see cursor arrow: My laptop looked normal with the background photo. I clicked in the box to log in and the whole screen went black except I can see the cursor arrow. CTRL +Alt + delete does absolutely nothing. No other key combination does anything. I can't shut it down or anything. If I...
  7. Black Screen with loading cursor

Black Screen with loading cursor: Hi I have a windows desktop and I tried to dual boot Kali Linux along side Windows 10 using a bootable usb. I first made the bootable by burning an iso file to the usb, I then partitioned Drive C: so that I could make room for the new OS. I then changed the boot order so that...
  8. Black screen with loading cursor

Black screen with loading cursor: I recently built my first pc, everything was running fine and working well but 3 days ago my hard drive gave me a problem where I had to reset everything. After that everything worked fune again until today, I turned on my pc and before logging in there is just a black screen...
  9. Stuck in loading or black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in loading or black screen: I tried to change my pagefile on my computer, then restarted it. After restarting it, when I try to log in it gets stuck in the loading screen. I decided to try the reset option clearing all data from it, but this ends in a black screen/no input to my screen. Anyone have...
  10. Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor: Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor after login randomly, this happened after I just performed an update. I use an SSD for my OS files, 1TB hdd for docs and another for backups. This was happening 4 weeks ago, except my docs harddrive was making a clicking...