Windows 10: Stuck on Build 10166 Windows Update not giving newer builds

Discus and support Stuck on Build 10166 Windows Update not giving newer builds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, For a few weeks I'm already stuck in Build 10166 of the Windows Insider program, Microsoft said that insiders would receive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shifty, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Shifty Win User

Stuck on Build 10166 Windows Update not giving newer builds

Hello everyone,

For a few weeks I'm already stuck in Build 10166 of the Windows Insider program, Microsoft said that insiders would receive the launch version before public but I still haven't received an update to the final version yet. However non insiders already have the final version. I'm refreshing the Windows Update every half an hour and it only gives me Windows Defender updates every now and then.

How can I solve this?

:)

Shifty, Jul 29, 2015
  2. John Kourafas, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Stuck on Build 10166 Windows Update not giving newer builds

I could be wrong, but I think, at this point, you'll want to download the final version. I've heard of people being able to upgrade over preview builds, but I can't confirm that.

DeaconFrost, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Shifty Win User
    With downloading the final version you mean Windows 10 this one right?

I tried to do this a few times but the program stopped working after it completed the preparations.

Shifty, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Yes, that looks to be the right page. That may be another issue and has probably been covered in these forums. But if you can get that working, it will perform the upgrade for you.

DeaconFrost, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Shifty Win User
    Can anyone tell me how I can get this working with the issue I face?

Shifty, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

You can't upgrade from that old a build of Windows 10. You'll need to reinstall Windows 7 or 8.1 then upgrade using an iso you cfreate following these directions: Windows 10

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Shifty Win User
    I would like to stay in the preview program though, I can't go back to Windows 8.1 somehow however I have the option to set my system back to factory settings, will this proceed me back to Windows 8? If not, will the clean install work if I create it on a bootable drive and do I need any license keys for this?

Shifty, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    You can't clean install the free Windows 10, you have to upgrade first, then you can clean install.

Did you try setting MediaCreationTool to create an ISO, not start the upgrade?

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Shifty Win User
    You mean putting it on an USB?

Shifty, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Put it on USB and insert USB, or mount it then run setup.exe from the USB or mounted ISO?

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck on Build 10166 Windows Update not giving newer builds - Similar Threads - Stuck Build 10166

2. Stuck on old Windows build - Update to newer fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on old Windows build - Update to newer fails: I'm stuck on Build 18932. And I think Windows restarts randomly because this is too old? Can this be correct? When I open Windows Update, it will say 19536 is a available It downloads it, and starts to install When my computer restarts, it will start updating But after...
  3. Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build

Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build: I just reinstalled windows from a USB key and started up the updates but check for updates says "You're up to date" but I have newer builds on my other computers (1809). The time on this computer is also wrong with automatic "Set time zone automatically" option enabled and...
  4. UXStyle v 0.2.4.2 on Build 10166

in Windows 10 Customization
    UXStyle v 0.2.4.2 on Build 10166: Hi everyone Has anyone had this problem installing UXStyle Community Edition version 0.2.4.2 on Windows 10166? When I click on the INSTALL button I get the message "Uh, oh, something went wrong" There is a link to a log file. See picture and log file attached. [img]...
  5. Unable to upgrade to Build 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to upgrade to Build 10166: I've had no problems upgrading to newer builds until now. The upgrade from Build 10162 to Build 10166 stops at 95% on the final install screen 82% on configuring settings, then goes back to Build 10162 when I restart. Any ideas? *Confused 8169
  6. Build 10162 will not update to 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 will not update to 10166: I had the same problem with build 10130 not updating to 10162. I had to upgrade with the preview iso. Running it in Oracle VM VirtualBox What is going on? 8035
  7. sound blaster in build 10166

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound blaster in build 10166: I can not get my sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card to give me sound through the right channels even though Ive uninstalled the support pack for 5.1 surround audio that was compiled from another sb user that did work in the last build; and then reinstalled it....
  8. Build 10166 dvd drive and virtual drive

Build 10166 dvd drive and virtual drive: Hello i updated to this build ( which is really stable BTW). I tried to mount an iso but it didnt mount. Then tried with daemon tools but still no luck. I went to device manager and it shows a yellow caution mark beside my dvd drive and the virtual drives so i tried to...
  9. build 10166 device manager

build 10166 device manager: Have a look at the new mmc snap-in manager, right click view customise NICE Roy 8023
  10. Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166

Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166: I am currently running Windows 10 Build 10166 (Canada/French version x64 - Core). It was an upgradfe from build 10162. I have tried to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, rebooted many times, went from Fast to Slow (and then Slow to Fast) ring. Still no updates at...