Windows 10: Stuck on lock screen because of wrong keyboard layout win10

Discus and support Stuck on lock screen because of wrong keyboard layout win10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello fellows, Yesterday I set my Bulgarian keyboard layout to be the default one and my German to be the secondary. Then I shut down and today when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hybritect, Oct 21, 2015.

1. hybritect Win User

Stuck on lock screen because of wrong keyboard layout win10

Hello fellows,
    Yesterday I set my Bulgarian keyboard layout to be the default one and my German to be the secondary. Then I shut down and today when I tried to log in, only the Bulgarian layout was enabled (Cyrillic letters) and I can't switch to the German layout (Latin letters). You guessed it - my password uses Latin chars *Biggrin. The key combinations Alt+Shift or Win+Space are not working. Password reset works only with pre-made passdisk or something like that (I haven't set one). I tried going to Troubleshoot mode, but couldn't find anything helpful there yet. Running the command prompt troubleshooting option gave me the opportunity to change the keyboard layout, enter my password and use the cmd prompt. There I tried to use the "control" command to set the keyboard layouts but it doesn't recognise the "control" command. Maybe I have to navigate somewhere else (default was system32).
    I would greatly appreciate any help *Smile

Thank you

:)

hybritect, Oct 21, 2015
  2. GFlat Win User

Stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" after recent update install in Widnows 10.

My Acer desktop is also stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" -- the first screen of the Repair environment. The instructions above can't be applied because the first screen of the Repair your computer environment disables my mouse and keyboard and that
    is where and why it is stuck. I can't choose a keyboard layout and move on to steps 4., 5., and 6.

GFlat, Oct 21, 2015
  3. LuisXlv Win User
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair Stuck at "Choose your keyboard layout" / keyboard and mouse don't work

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I'd restarted the computer several times. I can't go to safe mode because as soon as I turn on the computer, it shows the Dell logo, and then get stuck on the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen.

When the Dell logo is on the screen i can use F2 to setup and F12 to boot options. However,neither of those allow me to reset in a factory mode. I have no I important information so I don't worry if I wipe out everything. If I let go to the "Choose your
    keyboard layout " screen, the keyboard stop working and I get stuck there.

LuisXlv, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Hybritect, welcome to the Ten Forums.

You can change the input language used for sign-in from bottom right of the sign-in screen:

Stuck on lock screen because of wrong keyboard layout win10 [​IMG]

5. hybritect Win User
    Hi, Kari, thanks for your attention. This option is not present on my lock screen. I suppose I somehow deleted the German keyboard layout so there isn't any to choose from (apart from Bulgarian apparently) :/ I switched on the On-Screen Keyboard but there weren't any options regarding the layout as well...

hybritect, Oct 21, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Are you using a local or a Microsoft account, and if MS account do you have the Two-Step Verification enabled?

7. hybritect Win User
    It is a local account. There is no two-step verification set....

hybritect, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

9. hybritect Win User
    Unfortunately, this is only possible if a password reset disk is set before the problem appeared...

hybritect, Oct 21, 2015
  10. Kari Win User
    Apart of the system reset, reinstall or system restore, I have no ideas. You might want to post in the password reset tutorial to ask if reset is somehow possible without a reset disk. I doubt it, though.

Thema:

1. Stuck on lock screen because of wrong keyboard layout win10 - Similar Threads - Stuck lock screen

2. Keyboard layouts stuck downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layouts stuck downloading: As you can see in the screenshot below, I have the language data of "Portuguese Brazil" downloading. However, the download never finishes. The problem is that when I turn off the notebook, it stays stuck at a "Updates are underway"-screen, and it stays there endlessly. I have...
  3. Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard: I recently upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 11. There is one virtual keyboard issue that I cannot seem to be able to resolve. I reported this to Microsoft, but I have not heard anything back, so maybe it is just me doing something wrong...The problem was not present in...
  4. Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard

Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard: I recently upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 11. There is one virtual keyboard issue that I cannot seem to be able to resolve. I reported this to Microsoft, but I have not heard anything back, so maybe it is just me doing something wrong...The problem was not present in...
  5. Stuck on lock screen because of connection issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on lock screen because of connection issue: Last night I plugged out my laptop chargerlaptop was fully charged and was about to check telegram. I noticed that my laptop wasn't connected, so I clicked on that connection globe on the lock screen itself, tried connecting but it wouldn't connect. Few minutes later I said...
  6. Stuck on lock screen because of connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lock screen because of connection issue: Last night I plugged out my laptop chargerlaptop was fully charged and was about to check telegram. I noticed that my laptop wasn't connected, so I clicked on that connection globe on the lock screen itself, tried connecting but it wouldn't connect. Few minutes later I said...
  7. Stuck on lock screen because of connection issue

8. Stuck on keyboard layout screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on keyboard layout screen: My computer is in a loop of just going to the keyboard layout screen and I cant get passed it any help is apprecatied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-keyboard-layout-screen/86f2ff15-3b95-45ac-ba87-30740e01f04f
  9. Keyboard layout wrong name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout wrong name: I created a keyboard layout using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and gave it a name. Let it be ONE. Then I created another keyboard layout and gave it a name TWO. But it is displayed under name ONE. I have two different keyboard layouts but they are shown under the same...
  10. Stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen: I was playing a video game when my pc blue screened and crashed. Confused, I fired it back up again however, it took me to a screen that said something about automatic repair. Before that screen has any analysis, it takes me to a blue screen that says, "Choose your keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen wrong keyboard layout