Windows 10: Stuck on log in on welcome screen

Discus and support Stuck on log in on welcome screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded win7 to win10, but the first win10 welcome screen is stalling after putting my password in. The cpu isn't doing much. Just a arrow cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carhart, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Carhart Win User

Stuck on log in on welcome screen

I upgraded win7 to win10, but the first win10 welcome screen is stalling after putting my password in. The cpu isn't doing much. Just a arrow cursor that moves with the mouse on the welcome screen. I have waited about 2 hrs. I pressed delete two times and the welcome screen freezes and then computer reboots on its own.
    Any suggestions/ideas?

:)

Carhart, Jul 17, 2016
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Stuck in the "Welcome" Screen When Trying to Log in at Windows 10 (GPSVC Failing)

Hi Leon,

This article
    is the best reference to resolve the error "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported." Please follow the steps below to perform the workarounds:

Workaround 1:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste shutdown /r /t 0, then hit Enter.

Workaround 2:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste cmd /c reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\gpsvc" /v Type /t REG_DWORD /d 0x10 /f, then hit
      Enter.

Note: Before performing the workaround, we suggest
    backing up the registry for restoration
    should you encounter any issue.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Stuck in the "Welcome" Screen When Trying to Log in at Windows 10 (GPSVC Failing)

The drivers on Google Chrome are interfering with Win10 for some reason, causing this error. Uninstall Google Chrome and any other 3rd party web browsers. You can reinstall it and then click no or cancel when you're prompted to administrator priviledges,
    so google chrome will install in non-admin mode. But after that there should be no more problems.

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Jul 17, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Can you start it in Safe Mode at least? Let us know.

If you can, the installation can be revived.

5. Carhart Win User
    How do i get to safemode with a dell? It's been awhile

Carhart, Jul 17, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Click on the link in post #2, it explains how.

spunk, Jul 17, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
  8. Carhart Win User

When the system is rebooting, neither F2 or F12 gives me a chance to enable safemode

Carhart, Jul 17, 2016
  9. spunk Win User
    You would press F8 continuously. In the Advanced Boot menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking.

spunk, Jul 17, 2016
  10. Carhart Win User
    Somehow im in the troubleshooting mode. Reset pc, recovery tool (i have none) or advanced options?

Carhart, Jul 17, 2016
  11. spunk Win User
    Advanced Startup should have Safe Mode as an option. If that doesn't help you, then try Reset this PC

spunk, Jul 17, 2016
  12. Carhart Win User
    Startup repair couldn't repair pc.

Carhart, Jul 17, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

Yes, Reset PC will be a great move! Go for it. It will take some time, but all sort of software/driver related issues will be resolved by doing it.

14. Carhart Win User
    Resetting pc. Thankyou. I"ll keep you posted

Carhart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck on log in on welcome screen - Similar Threads - Stuck log welcome

2. Stuck on Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Welcome Screen: I have a Windows 10 desktop PC. I have been having trouble running a game and this morning when I opened it I received a blue screen and upon my computers restart I have found myself stuck at the Welcome Screen. There is no background though, only a solid block color now and...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in: So basically my PC was rendering on Adobe After effects last night and it froze at one point so I just held the power button to turn it off, now it’s not even logging in, I’ve tried going into save mode and all that but I just shows a black screen, idk wtf is going on with my...
  4. Stuck on welcome screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on welcome screen!: When I try to access the login screen by dragging the welcome screen up (the first thing you see when turning on the computer, which shows the time, date, battery percentage, and WiFi status), it takes me back to the welcome screen. I have Windows 10 1909. Here's a link of...
  5. Stuck in welcome screen

Stuck in welcome screen: After complete installation of windows version 1903 my laptop automatically restart then I used my laptop without any problem. But when in the next day to start my laptop then after a long time the screen to enter the password appear then I enter my password successfully but...
  6. Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in: I've entered my passwrd and it get stuck at welcome Safe mode has the same problem I tried advanced options > startup repair with my installation USB but it said it couldn't do it Not sure what else to try outside of re-installing submitted by /u/MrSparkyBoomMan [link]...
  7. Stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on welcome screen: I have correctly entered my password on my windows 10 pc but its stuck on welcome under my name with the dots going round https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-welcome-screen/fa145805-accc-4afd-b700-01dd889439bf
  8. Stuck at welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at welcome screen: [IMG][IMG] Hello, so I can’t open or login in my laptop because it is stuck. When I tried to click “enter” which I normally do to login, it will turn black and will go back to that referring to the photo. I don’t know what happen please help me. Thank you...
  9. stuck in welcome screen

stuck in welcome screen: when i open my pc stuck in welcome screen and then a blue screen comes i tryied everythink on youtube all the method and nothing works any suggestions also i cant take my files from an another pc said not access
  10. Stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on Welcome screen: idk if the computer even works anymore! I'm over it! Going use a public computer 22380