Windows 10: stuck on windows 10 first time setup

Discus and support stuck on windows 10 first time setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi I recieved a new desktop pc today (hp envy pheonix) I started the first time setup with windows 10 and reached the point where I had to put my email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomo3202, Jan 19, 2016.

1. thomo3202 Win User

stuck on windows 10 first time setup

hi I recieved a new desktop pc today (hp envy pheonix) I started the first time setup with windows 10 and reached the point where I had to put my email and password in, which I did. It took me to a blue screen which say "Oops something went wrong" There is no back button on screen and I have tried rebooting the pc and it just returns to the same screen, so I'm stuck looking at this one screen. Any advice on this situation would be much appreciated as I am not very tech minded when it comes to these things.

:)

thomo3202, Jan 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 freezes on first time setup when I click next

I can not get past the first screen you get when you boot up windows 10. It freezes on me wether I hit Next or Not me. I've tried running it in safe mode but it's still the same. I can't even get windows 7 back on that pc.

Please help

EDIT: Now windows 10 won't even try to load. The only thing I get when I start it up is my default pc boot menu then a blank screen

Central_Processing_Cat, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezes on first time setup when I click next

Ok, I got it on my USB and it works but nothing is working. Startup repair doesn't work, total system reset doesn't work, it keeps getting stuck on one percent for hours. What else can I do? I don't care what version I have, I just want to be able to use
    my computer!

Central_Processing_Cat, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

I would return it where you purchased it.

Winuser, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

1. stuck on windows 10 first time setup - Similar Threads - stuck setup

2. Asus AC86U stuck at setup wireless screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asus AC86U stuck at setup wireless screen: It was working fine but i did a factory reset and now i cant get past this screen, tried another reset and same thing, it doesnt matter if i do ap mode or router mode [img] - - - Updated - - - Turned out to be a chrome issue, worked fine with edge and showed much more...
  3. Stuck in setup loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in setup loop: Hello, I did a full reset on my laptop, however it has become stuck in a loop. It has a screen that says "Hi There" and asks for things like home country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone, then goes to a screen that says "Why did my PC restart?" It says there's a...
  4. Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup

Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup: Rebooted again the surface pro 4 since it was stuck booting to Surface UEFI followed the same instructions as the lady who posted this question "Surface Pro 4 stuck booting to Surface UEFI? Loop". Did all the steps but when it came to setting up windows I can't click on...
  5. Microsoft mail stuck in outbox after new setup on new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft mail stuck in outbox after new setup on new pc: Need help with Microsoft mail, when I send email gets stuck in outbox. receiving mail fine. Any help? Not outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-stuck-in-outbox-after-new-setup-on/373a327d-f46b-45a5-81c3-4a260b1a45c3
  6. Windows 10 setup stuck at “Getting Updates” and also stuck at 46 percent

Windows 10 setup stuck at “Getting Updates” and also stuck at 46 percent: So i have a Lenovo G575..its an old computer..and im surprised i was able to get Windows 8.1 on it..even though i was stuck in Windows 7 Home Premium Edition(i think) it wasnt i bad software, i loved it a lot, i just thought it would be time for a change.. so i decided to...
  7. Windows setup stuck in a loop after factory reset

Windows setup stuck in a loop after factory reset: I tried to reinstall windows (both keeping my files and when that didn't work a wipe of all files). Now my computer keeps coming to language set up, I do all that and hit next, then it says "Why did my Pc restart? There's a problem that's keeping us from getting your pc...
  8. Laptop stuck on setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop stuck on setup: So, I'm using a lenovo legion Y530 15-inch, and I recently reset my computer, so now I'm back in setup in windows 10. Here's the issue: there is a part in the setup screen where it has me set up my keyboard language and app language, then when I click the next button it has...
  9. Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup: Just turned on a newly purchased Surface Pro 6 at the Manhattan store this morning. Connected to power supply, powered it on, followed setup, got to the part where it asks about using OneDrive, clicked Next, and It just showed a blank screen. Clicked the back arrow and...
  10. PC Aptio setup utility stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Aptio setup utility stuck: I closed my laptop while it was still on YouTube, then when I came back my laptop was on the Aptio setup utility screen and I cant get past it. I've restarted it about 20 times in a row now, and did all the launch CSM stuff, but still no luck. It was working perfectly fine a...