Windows 10: Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working

Discus and support Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Getting an infinite loading sort of error where my comp goes to HP loading screen, blackscreen, turns off, and repeats. Very annoying and nothing I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yukon, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Yukon Win User

Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working

Getting an infinite loading sort of error where my comp goes to HP loading screen, blackscreen, turns off, and repeats. Very annoying and nothing I've seen so far is working. I don't have a disk or drive to use to reload Windows with, and I didn't set any system restore points like an idiot, so I'm stuck here. I'm not that great with computers so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

Yukon, Jul 17, 2016

2. Nokia 701 Screen Won't Rotate

Thanks for your answer. I tried both the restart and doing a hard factory reset. Unfortunately, neither worked and the 701 is still stuck in portrait mode. Possibly a faulty accelerometer?

LandoftheRich, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Billy2016 Win User
    Windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

My desktop is Dell Inspiron 3647. I have reset my desktop and select keep my file. However, after the reset my computer is unable to restart, and it showed Window cannot restart correctly.

I tried to reset again and try to solve it with the advanced options, however I still unable to restart my computer.

Can anyone help me. Please. Thank you.

Billy2016, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

What is the full model number of the HP desktop?

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Yukon Win User
    Model name as listed in BIOS menu 550-a114.

Yukon, Jul 17, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Did the computer come with Windows 10 or did you upgrade?

If it came with 10 then you can use the HP Recovery Manager to restore to factory new state.

If you upgraded you can do a Clean Install by downloading Win 10 and creating a USB Flash drive via Media Creation Tool or download the ISO directly from Techbench.

Follow this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install

The first step tells you how to download Win 10 and create a flash drive to install from.

All of these procedures will wipe out everything on the hard drive so you need to backup any data you don't want to lose first.

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2016
  7. Yukon Win User
    Won't let me clean install. Says something along the lines of "Windows didn't load correctly." Can't figure out how to fix it.

Yukon, Jul 20, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you booting the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD? That's what you have to do to clean install Windows.

NavyLCDR, Jul 20, 2016
  9. Yukon Win User
    Using a bootable USB atm.

Yukon, Jul 20, 2016
  10. Yukon Win User
    This is still unsolved, nothing is working. Please help.

Yukon, Jul 27, 2016
  11. Yukon Win User
    Still unsolved. Need any advice you can offer. Help ASAP

Yukon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working - Similar Threads - Stuck restarting failed

2. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  3. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  4. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  5. Stuck on factory reset

Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  6. My laptop fails to restart after factory reset

My laptop fails to restart after factory reset: I have factory reset my lenovo laptop and set to remove all files but it fails to restart and complete the reinstallation of Window10 after more than 12hours. what i see now is Lenovo logo that goes on and off for a few seconds with loading circles going round and round. what...
  7. Stuck at 64% factory reset keeps restarting

Stuck at 64% factory reset keeps restarting: Hows it going i have hp pavilion intel i5 with geforce 1050ti graphics this computer has been awesome up until now i was planning on selling the computer so i wanted to factory restore the computer for the next person everything was going fine until i got to installing...
  8. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  9. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  10. Restart Loop After Factory Reset

Restart Loop After Factory Reset: I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having to download something. But heres my story: My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 that I've had for about 2 years now, was running slow...