Windows 10: Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.

Discus and support Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been patiently waiting for a period of 1 hour looking at the screen of my laptop. At this present moment, Windows is stuck 'Scanning and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MSMPlayz, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MSMPlayz Win User

Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.

I have been patiently waiting for a period of 1 hour looking at the screen of my laptop. At this present moment, Windows is stuck 'Scanning and Repairing Drive D: 9% Complete'. Can anyone help me?
    Kind Regards,
    MSM

:)

MSMPlayz, Jan 6, 2016

2. Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck; Hard Drive Corrupted?

This windows 10 issues are so insane I am considering switching to a Mac.

Seriously, get your stuff together already.

AnaGeraldes, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck; Hard Drive Corrupted?

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response.

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 6, 2016
  4. AnEdge Win User

Exactly what are you doing? Upgrading? Clean install? D drive?

AnEdge, Jan 6, 2016
  5. simpk5 Win User
    If you're scanning your hard drive (used chkdsk /r for example), that process will take in excess of 2 hours depending on size of your drive and errors found. it typically stops updating around 10 or 11% and suddenly jumps to 100 when done. Have patience.

simpk5, Jan 7, 2016
  6. AnEdge Win User
    My apologies, I didn't read the header about scanning and repairing the drive. Simpk5 is correct, be patient. Were you having a lot of problems that you needed to scan and repair?

AnEdge, Jan 7, 2016
  7. MSMPlayz Win User
    The problems fixed, and I didn't use that command line. Just told my dad not to turn PC off overnight and I come downstairs, it's done.

MSMPlayz, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.

if the scanning and repairing drive happen it is possible to disappear the files in the drive?

kenpablo123, Jun 28, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    This thread is old. If you have a question, start a new thread.

Rocky, Jun 28, 2016
  10. mark99k Win User
    Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for posting this bit of info. This kind of knowledge should be much more widely disseminated. If I hadn't seen it I probably would've tried desperate (and potentially destructive) measures to stop the CHKDSK process I ran earlier today, which reached 10% very quickly but sat there for nearly 3 hours. To many laypeople that would signify failure, esp. on a brand-new PC like this one, despite the still-active spinner. Thanks again.

mark99k, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive. - Similar Threads - Stuck Scanning Repairing

2. "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.: Hello,I was inserting a USB drive I needed to use and it said that it needed to be scanned for fixes/repairs. I clicked it, and it's been 30+ minutes, and it hasn't moved. It got to about 30% complete, then it stopped completely. Are there any fixes to this or am I safe to...
  3. "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.: Hello,I was inserting a USB drive I needed to use and it said that it needed to be scanned for fixes/repairs. I clicked it, and it's been 30+ minutes, and it hasn't moved. It got to about 30% complete, then it stopped completely. Are there any fixes to this or am I safe to...
  4. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  5. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  6. Scanning and repairing drive is stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanning and repairing drive is stuck: So when i ran checkdisc i ran it so it would scan on restart. So i restarted my computer and it started doing scanning and repairing drive. Right now its saying scanning and repairing drive (\??\SystemPartition). It is stuck at 11% right now. My hard drive activity led has...
  7. Scanning and repairing drive stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanning and repairing drive stuck: Hi, I have an Asus X556U laptop with 1 TB HDD and I just ran the chkdsk command, now it is Scanning and Repairing drive (C:) but it is stuck at 13%. If I restart my laptop it is persisting by repeating the scan and repair process. How can I cancel this operation? Thank you....
  8. Scanning & Repairing stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning & Repairing stuck?: "Scanning and Repairing Drive E: 9% Complete" has been running for about 11 hours now. Not sure if this is normal or if there is something I should do to abort this. 77398
  9. scanning and repairing drive stuck

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scanning and repairing drive stuck: soo today i turned onn my laptop and some programs didnt work. So i decided to do a dick check and repair. it god stuck at 6% for about half an hour i rebooted several times but it kept stoping at 6%. Now i left it scanning for almost 2 hours and it's still at 6% 73233
  10. Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!: Hi, My PC has been Scanning and repairing my drive for the past 24 hours and it is stuck at 14%. This is the second time that I waited the next day for it to complete, but it stays at 14%. In that instance, I just hard reboot the machine and then I skip the disk check /...