Windows 10: Students launch Windows 10 IoT experiment into space

Discus and support Students launch Windows 10 IoT experiment into space in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Students using Windows 10 IoT and Lego Mindstorm create science experiments on board the International Space Station [img] Valley Christian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Students launch Windows 10 IoT experiment into space

Source: Students launch Windows 10 IoT experiment into space | Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Nov 21, 2016
  2. ELiOT. Win User

Will windows 10 IoT be free after launch?

Windows 10 IoT will launch for computer like the Raspberry Pi 2. Will it cost anything to download after the official launch?

(Moved from Other/Unknown)

ELiOT., Nov 21, 2016
  3. IoTGirl Win User
    Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

Students launch Windows 10 IoT experiment into space

1. Students launch Windows 10 IoT experiment into space - Similar Threads - Students launch IoT

2. Does Microsoft offer work experience for students in Year 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft offer work experience for students in Year 10: Does Microsoft offer any work experience for Year 10 students during 3rd - 7th July 2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-offer-work-experience-for-students/fd78d017-c509-461e-930b-af62b5ed3401
  3. Does Microsoft offer work experience for students in Year 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft offer work experience for students in Year 10: Does Microsoft offer any work experience for Year 10 students during 3rd - 7th July 2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-offer-work-experience-for-students/fd78d017-c509-461e-930b-af62b5ed3401
  4. Windows Input Experience Keeps Launching and Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Input Experience Keeps Launching and Crashing: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-input-experience-keeps-popping-up-on/9cb96479-2c4d-4722-84c4-22c59834aba3I am having this exact same issue as posted in the link, including the loss of functionalities of Windows + Shift + S and Windows + H...
  5. Windows Input Experience Keeps Launching and Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Input Experience Keeps Launching and Crashing: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-input-experience-keeps-popping-up-on/9cb96479-2c4d-4722-84c4-22c59834aba3I am having this exact same issue as posted in the link, including the loss of functionalities of Windows + Shift + S and Windows + H...
  6. Windows 10 for students

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 for students: hey, I am a student at Tanta university in Egypt and I am asking about if I can get a windows 10 with my university email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-for-students/10f1b2c9-4729-438b-ab16-44fa2ee8eb71
  7. Window 10 for student

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 for student: I am a student Can I get Windows 10 for free? Can I get Windows 10 for free as a student? Please Help me to get it, I also search on wikiwalki but didn't find helpful...
  8. Windows 10 IOT Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 IOT Download: I have a machine that used to run IOT ENT 2016 LTSB. The person that was controlling our hardware is no longer with our company, from what I can tell there has never been a backup and the install media is "lost". Could someone please point me in the right direction. Thank...
  9. Microsoft invites you to participate in Pegasus II IoT experiment

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft invites you to participate in Pegasus II IoT experiment: [img] The Pegasus Mission: Matt Long and Mark Nichols Photo credit: Scott Eklund/Red Box pictures When you dream of state-of-the-art, real-time Internet of Things (IoT), what do you imagine? Do you imagine open and distributed systems where system components and...
  10. Windows 10 IoT enables the complete IoT lifecycle

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT enables the complete IoT lifecycle: Microsoft recently announced the public preview of the Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service. The Device Provisioning Service is a new service that works with Azure IoT Hub to enable “zero-touch” device provisioning to an IoT hub. Using this service, devices can be...